Ranwer135

What Things Would You Like To See In Next Version?

G'day all. What things would you like to see in next version.

Ranwer

more realtime / realistic game mechanics. Currently, if you destroy everything on an island except the command centre, nothing will begin building back like it did in the original, you could sit there for hours and the island would stay deserted; yet if you time warp away from that island and then time warp back, the island will be re-built as if you was never there!

Also if you goto an island that is under attack, even after 15 mins of waiting, as soon as you arrive the enemy units will simply spawn in a patch on the island somewhere (making it obvious that a battle hasn't even been going on whilst i haven't been on the island). Those units will also just sit there and not advance towards my island's command centre, and will usually just get destroyed by my island's defences soon after i arrive too.

It's all shortcuts that majorly ruin the game for me and takes away from the atmosphere that the original game had.

I want destroyed buildings to be re-built by islands over time (whether I am present at the island or not), better command centre defenses (but if the command centre is destroyed it should de-activate all AI controlled units on that island), island units should converge on enemy invading units when the sensor array is in-tact...and these are just my main wishes for improvement out of a list of many

Free Roaming Camera Please such a beautiful carrier and we are stuck with crappy views i would love to walk around the hanger during operations game is good except for crappy camera angles its like you guys havent learned anything from arma we want to look at all these beautiful machines from all angles watch my mantas take off from the flight deck or in the hanger really kinda made the game boring for me stuck in these BORING camera angles. and where is the supply barque looking in the waorkbench saw all sorts of anim for the barque and its door would be nice to see it dock with the carrier Again FREEEEEEE CAMERA PLEASE

What I would like to see in the next version is a complete new carrier command. Built on the knowledge gained from the mistakes they made. Concentrate on the strategy side of the game and keep the campaign simple, mainly a tutorial, and for ***** sake do not have any fps at all in the game.

CCgm was very close to the game it should have been, but lacked the heart and determination to make it real.

Unfortunately this will never happen. A opportunity turned to dust, and probably had something to do with money, it always boils down to money, very little love left in this industry.

I would like to land my manta and repair, refuel and rearm it on the island where I am the moment. And I would like a comms pod, for distance air support. (only for the mantas, but they have to support the walruses as well, meaning the manta are carrying the pod, but the walrusses are capable to work on an other island like the mantas as well at the same time)

I like the campaign. Do not change anything there, of course a better pathfinding system would be great, too. And a smarter AI. No more mantas that fly in the direction from were the enemy is coming when I order that he has to dock for urgent repairs.

There are several things I'd like to see eventually happen in the next patch.

1. I'd like to see a use for slot 2 on the walrus. New technology doesn’t need to be added to the walrus, although a shield like the manta has would be useful. Maybe some weapons that go into slot 1 can go into slot 2 instead or maybe certain items that go into slot 3 can go into slot 2 instead.

2. I'd like to see the carrier get a laser for its main turret. That should help against enemy mantas better than a shell gun or plasma cannon. The shell gun and plasma cannon can be kept, though.

3. The mouse lag has to be eliminated.

4. The pathfinding for both the walrus and the manta needs to be improved more. In my opinion, this was improved with previous patches, but it needs to be improved more.

5. The enemy's carrier and player's carrier are going through each other during battle. They should be completely solid and if they hit each other, they should cause damage to each other.

6. There should be a way to stop the carrier from firing at any target to avoid wasting ammo and to avoid accidentally destroying the command center on an enemy island, which actually happened in a game I played once.

Even though I have listed several items in this post that I think should be added or fixed, I still like this game a lot and I play it often. Sorry if any of the items on my list were mentioned on this forum before. I believe these items on my list are important and worth mentioning again as a reminder if they were mentioned before.

Edited by Rob04

There are several things I'd like to see eventually happen in the next patch.

1. I'd like to see a use for slot 2 on the walrus. New technology doesn’t need to be added to the walrus, although a shield like the manta has would be useful. Maybe some weapons that go into slot 1 can go into slot 2 instead or maybe certain items that go into slot 3 can go into slot 2 instead.

2. I'd like to see the carrier get a laser for its main turret. That should help against enemy mantas better than a shell gun or plasma cannon. The shell gun and plasma cannon can be kept, though.

3. The mouse lag has to be eliminated.

4. The pathfinding for both the walrus and the manta needs to be improved more. In my opinion, this was improved with previous patches, but it needs to be improved more.

5. The enemy's carrier and player's carrier are going through each other during battle. They should be completely solid and if they hit each other, they should cause damage to each other.

6. There should be a way to stop the carrier from firing at any target to avoid wasting ammo and to avoid accidentally destroying the command center on an enemy island, which actually happened in a game I played once.

Even though I have listed several items in this post that I think should be added or fixed, I still like this game a lot and I play it often. Sorry if any of the items on my list were mentioned on this forum before. I believe these items on my list are important and worth mentioning again as a reminder if they were mentioned before.

If nothing else:

1. Don't shoot at aircraft with the carrier's shell.
  2. If either the carrier or a walrus shoots at something stationary with a shell or HEAT round, I'd expect the carrier or walrus to EVENTUALLY hit the target versus shooting at the same damned spot each time.
  3. If a walrus cannot fire on a target due to intervening terrain, then maybe it shouldn't just sit there aiming at the thing it cannot engage.
  4. Flak armed walruses should not charge towards enemy walruses or change flak armed walruses so that they can shoot ground targets *or* just have them target aircraft (which is what you'd kinda expect with a "flak" weapon [WWII 88mm FLAK notwithstanding. Those could at least *fire* at ground targets.])

A simple quick save/quick load feature would be great.

Find it cumbersome to have to open the menu and manually save every time I want to save.

Most other games I played have this feature and I find it very useful.

I would also like to see and option to turn off the Alt Tab Pause.

Sometimes when I'm waiting for my units to return to the ships after capturing an Island or while traveling between islands its a very log wait.

I find in insanely boring to sit around and wait for it all to finish, so I would like to be able to Alt Tab and do something else while waiting, instead of being forced to sit and gawk at my screen while waiting.

Edited by Bansheedragon

I would also like to see and option to turn off the Alt Tab Pause.

Sometimes when I'm waiting for my units to return to the ships after capturing an Island or while traveling between islands its a very log wait.

I find in insanely boring to sit around and wait for it all to finish, so I would like to be able to Alt Tab and do something else while waiting, instead of being forced to sit and gawk at my screen while waiting.

Hi,

you can run the game with -alwaysupdate option in command line. Then if you Alt Tab - the game will be continued.

Hi,

you can run the game with -alwaysupdate option in command line. Then if you Alt Tab - the game will be continued.

This doesn't appear to be working properly. It makes the sound continue when on the desktop, but when you go back into the game, everything is in the same place.

If nothing else:

1. Don't shoot at aircraft with the carrier's shell.
  2. If either the carrier or a walrus shoots at something stationary with a shell or HEAT round, I'd expect the carrier or walrus to EVENTUALLY hit the target versus shooting at the same damned spot each time.
  3. If a walrus cannot fire on a target due to intervening terrain, then maybe it shouldn't just sit there aiming at the thing it cannot engage.
  4. Flak armed walruses should not charge towards enemy walruses or change flak armed walruses so that they can shoot ground targets *or* just have them target aircraft (which is what you'd kinda expect with a "flak" weapon [WWII 88mm FLAK notwithstanding. Those could at least *fire* at ground targets.])

I've only played the campaign so far -- and I'm only halfway through, I think -- without having tried strategy mode yet, but I agree that a walrus equipped with anti-air weapons shouldn't rush head-on into other walruses. Blocked line of sight should also prevent firing.

With all due respect to Rob04, I disagree regarding pathfinding, as I find it MUCH better than it was. Walruses are no longer always going in circles to reajust their path, or getting stuck everywhere. Besides, since it's been a delicate issue for a long time, I wouldn't like to see regression caused while trying to improve it further. I would concentrate on other things. Of course, this is just my humble opinion. :)

With all due respect to Rob04, I disagree regarding pathfinding, as I find it MUCH better than it was. Walruses are no longer always going in circles to reajust their path, or getting stuck everywhere. Besides, since it's been a delicate issue for a long time, I wouldn't like to see regression caused while trying to improve it further. I would concentrate on other things. Of course, this is just my humble opinion. :)

First, I want to say that the comment I made about walrus pathfinding was for the strategy game only, not the campaign game. I also want to say that it seems that you are commenting on a post that I made last month (6/8/2013) in this thread, which is before the 1.06 patch was released. The comment I made was about the need to improve walrus pathfinding in the 1.05 version, not the 1.06 version. I did say it was improved, it just needed more improvement. It was further improved in the 1.06 patch and I think it's better. I still see the walrus slow down and speed up once in a while for no reason, but it's better than it was I think. If it was still bad, I think it should be dealt with before other things, but as I said, I think the walrus pathfinding has been improved and it might be good enough now. I have always believed that the walrus should not have perfect pathfinding when it is AI controlled from the carrier because AI control shouldn't be as good as player control.

No problem here Rob. :) My bad for not checking your post date...

No problem here Rob. :) My bad for not checking your post date...

That's ok, hellR1de. The next thing i'd really like to see in the game is a use for the second slot in the walrus for the players. I've always greatly disliked seeing that empty second slot when something could have gone there. The manta has two weapons and the walrus can certainly use two weapons itself.

I think they originally intended a "front" weapon mount and "turret" for those two slots - I seem to recall an oblong icon that filled up both positions - then at some point the design changed and they never got round to updating the ui. I believe four walrus mounting points are referenced somewhere in a voiceover. I could be entirelly wrong though.

I think they originally intended a "front" weapon mount and "turret" for those two slots - I seem to recall an oblong icon that filled up both positions - then at some point the design changed and they never got round to updating the ui. I believe four walrus mounting points are referenced somewhere in a voiceover. I could be entirelly wrong though.

On the carriercommand.com site, you can find a schematic of the walrus that has been there before the game was released. This schematic seems to show two weapon mounts. Here's the link, but I don't know if it will take you there because you have to verify your date of birth first. http://www.carriercommand.com/game/units/walrus/.

Personally, I would like to be able to put a second weapon in slot 2 of the walrus. If that can't be done, at least something else could go there like an ammo box or a scanner. Either way, slot 2 of the walrus should be usable.

Edited by Rob04

Is the Multiplayer finaly out?

Back in release days i heard that this game has no multiplayer, but i read here on this boards that it will get multiplayer with a patch.

So i decided to wait with the buy until it has multiplayer, any news on this?

Is the Multiplayer finaly out?

Back in release days i heard that this game has no multiplayer, but i read here on this boards that it will get multiplayer with a patch.

So i decided to wait with the buy until it has multiplayer, any news on this?

I don't think so, but it would be cool if the devs did do that. There is some redundant multiplayer code in the data files, so it must have been worked on at one point and then cut sometime during development.

I'm probably the only one who would ask for this, but....

I'd like a strategy variant where there's no enemy carrier but every island other than a single one for my stockpile belongs to the enemy.

I like just using walruses to conquer islands, so that variant would be fun for me. (Anyone in their right mind would use the combined arms approach and zip through those islands like something through a goose.)

I'm probably the only one who would ask for this, but....

I'd like a strategy variant where there's no enemy carrier but every island other than a single one for my stockpile belongs to the enemy.

I like just using walruses to conquer islands, so that variant would be fun for me. (Anyone in their right mind would use the combined arms approach and zip through those islands like something through a goose.)

Is what you ask much different from setting and strategy game with the Island Owner slider set max to the enemy, and removing the victory condition about defeating the enemy carrier? You will get a couple of neutral islands (that you will need to get some production going because otherwise you have almost no chance against deadly islands), and you will defeat the enemy carrier in the early stages of the game when you two meet at one of the few neutral islands.

Is what you ask much different from setting and strategy game with the Island Owner slider set max to the enemy, and removing the victory condition about defeating the enemy carrier? You will get a couple of neutral islands (that you will need to get some production going because otherwise you have almost no chance against deadly islands), and you will defeat the enemy carrier in the early stages of the game when you two meet at one of the few neutral islands.

I haven't tried that idea, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Less crashing, less broken aspects, more realism (carriers instantly turning around kinda sucks), Less weather (sucks to get to an island and weather happen often and for so long that it's nearly unplayable because your vision is severely decreased)

Oh and most importantly, I'd like to see devs actually respond to the threads started in the troubleshooting area, especially when people try to provide as much information as possible to resolve an issue.

Multiplayer would be the big one for me, even if they just took the current game and brought it out as a multiplayer addon I would play this for hours with friends, as it stands though the same is an issue as with most games and that is the AI sucks.

No offence to Bohemia I buy all their games, but each time they put so much stock in AI, and as is shown over and over again AI works when certain conditions are just right (which usually aren't), or just flap really badly 95% of the time.

Overall it has a lot of potential and if MP was there the shelf life of the game would be a lot higher than its current form as with all things when you get bored of SP you play MP, and this could be a massive contender in the whole FPS/Strategy market, I feel that is all this game needed really.

• Like 1