granQ

Swedish Forces Pack: 0.7.4 (Updated 27th of May)

I don't know if this is a noted issue but I am getting no engine sounds from any of the soft vehicles (not the reskined models) All of the TGB's have no sounds. I am using DEV build if it matters. I did flick though the tread to check if anyone had mentioned it but saw nothing. (maybe i didn't look hard enough)

Yes dev build.. Sometimes I get feeling that most updates from bis is just to screw with addonmakers :/

That's why we need to release so often, looking forward the final version. Hopefully will become much more stable.

SAMs! My new favorite toys in ArmA...

sa2cw_10.jpg

Do you have more info on these or plan to release some additional .pdf with your

project specs/details? For example, what is the difference between the 97 & 77?

What range do you have them setup for? In testing I got mixed results. 3km???

Planing on doing a Mission this weekend around sneaking in and taking out a few

Sa-2 SAM Sites with a buddy of mine. 2 are known at the Airport and 3 more are

hidden somewhere in the interior of the island. Those will spawn at random locations.

The Gotland is still offshore continuing surveillance and has decrypted part of the Iranian

Network revealing 5 unique IDs for the SAM Defense System. Satellite imagery plus Gotland

photos have confirmed the 2 at the Airport. SIGINT has indicated 3 more hidden in the

trees all communicating with each other. We have to tap into some of the Comm Towers

to triangulate those hidden ones by hacking into the node. Script will then show those

secret SAMs locations. Brave men, dark waters. JSOC has Green Lit a mission...

Edited by Goblin
added photo

Can the plane be used without everything else? [Like a seperate addon]

It can, actually, I am doing that right now, just download the file, then pick out the an14 PBOs, and the Config PBOs. This limits the content put in to the plane, and then some units that go with the plane.

SAMs! My new favorite toys in ArmA...

Do you have more info on these or plan to release some additional .pdf with your

project specs/details? For example, what is the difference between the 97 & 77?

What range do you have them setup for? In testing I got mixed results. 3km???

Planing on doing a Mission this weekend around sneaking in and taking out a few

Sa-2 SAM Sites with a buddy of mine. 2 are known at the Airport and 3 more are

hidden somewhere in the interior of the island. Those will spawn at random locations.

The Gotland is still offshore continuing surveillance and has decrypted part of the Iranian

Network revealing 5 unique IDs for the SAM Defense System. Satellite imagery plus Gotland

photos have confirmed the 2 at the Airport. SIGINT has indicated 3 more hidden in the

trees all communicating with each other. We have to tap into some of the Comm Towers

to triangulate those hidden ones by hacking into the node. Script will then show those

secret SAMs locations. Brave men, dark waters. JSOC has Green Lit a mission...

Don't have so much info, the only thing we wanted to use them for was "static target worth blowing up". A 81 mm mortar isn't that exciting.

The other use we wanted was to "100% air space denial", so in coop you NEED TO go in with spec op/tanks or something (compared to how easy it been with an airplane taking out shilkas).

This also with wargame/cti in mind to make more interesting and not so air gets too dominating.

In other words, we haven't tried to do the specifications realistic (as its kinda out of arma3's scope)... but we might do some more things/related to this.

RBS 67 was the Hawk missile.. a few modifications and you have Rbs 77, few more, you got Rbs 97. Right now there is no difference, just "same same" but different names for different eras.

Goblin, I really hope you share that mission (perhaps we can even include in next SFP release), it sounds awesome.

This is a great mod, but I have some feedback using it for the .20 version. I am using the ARMA 3 development build .77+ and noticed that the MG Wamako units are now using a SAW M249 model, although it is labeled as a PKM, and gives an error when the inventory is accessed for the MG unit. I am also getting the error config.bin/cfgAmmo/M_RPG32_F.model upon starting ARMA 3 with this mod. The final bug I've encountered is that when I select the RPG rocket launcher, the unit does not switch to it but the HUD shows that it is active, but I cannot fire or use it. Thanks for reading this and keep up the good work!

thanks,

yeah sadly BIS updates been.. a pain.

M24 not firing, RPG32 error and so on is all due to bis updates.. (well, because we inherit from their classes and suddenly they change names and paths).. the PKM was coded and added to all units but the guy that did the model was 99% done and then had soo much to at work so it didn't make it to the 0.2.0 version. Its "ready" and we will include the real model next release so its a placeholder for now.

We are considering releasing one more patch like in a week and HOPEFULLY, bis won't change filenames and classnames again and again before final release. After ArmA3 is released it will be hopefully much more "frozen" but we will take a break since people will be busy with all new content and a huge new island.

To give you little update whats coming..

Bo105 (Anti tank helicopter)

https://sketchfab.com/show/1f58356c21824589b24cf9cb6a53f64d

and Wamako we fixed the satelite textures and thanks to the 3rd editor by ZGM we now work faster and Grip is our that can really make it feel real.

So here is a "postcard from Wamako"..

wamako_postcard.jpg

our biggest project that will come.. who knows, but not in the near time is our Swedish island and the JAS 39 with a new improved interior..

This is just to let you know we work with both "near time" and longer projects..

gripen.jpg

Edited by granQ

Amazing! Absolutely amazing...

The shear size and variety of these projects are one of the best I've seen.

Its a one-stop-shop. Terrain, Weapons, Vehicles (land, air, and sea), Units.

Played my Mission with your Sa2 SAMs on Friday with a buddy of mine.

It was THE best so far! Obviously there is much texturing to finish on the

pack, but to have functional SAMs to go after for a target was right up our

alley. Not sure why. SAMs just seem so menacing.

Now, I see THIS? Another terrain AND Jet! Wow. Far out brother. Can't wait.

Yeah I can only imagine having to keep up with BIS changing the classnames every few weeks, but all of it looks amazing! Will the Bo105 have different variants, such as multi-role, Anti-Air or passenger versions? I agree with Goblin, can't wait!

Jesus, Island looks promising! Great texture! Love ya guys, keep it up! :)

Corrected sorry. too many tabs open xD

Ah, thank you. Haven't tried it yet since I am at work . but can say in our next release we plan a UN food delivery center in the south city + perhaps some UN trucks.

Just for my peace at mind, is anyone else on dev build not hearing any vehicle sounds for the tgb vehicles?

Yeah, and many other bugs.. but, wait! what is that. SFP been patched to 0.2.2 ?! Awesome ;)

Includes mostly bug fixes now and should be working very good with both the dev and stable branch but is untested on dedicated servers with keys..

Anyway, one major improvement is the big city in wamako.. check it out. Soon we got Altis, until then I hope Wamako can be fresh enough (at least some parts) but the team is learning how to use the arma2 tools, 3d editor and so on but its getting there.

This might be the last release for some time since everyone will be busy with the arma3 full release and as a team we want to start with our biggest project. The Swedish island, including all new objects and so on.

Check first post for the new version.

Oh cool I was only on last night looking to see if it had been patched. Thanks from the heads up guys :D

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Actually having problems downloading. The first link to download just refreshes the page and the second link allows you to choose an address to save it too but stays at 0% of 1.4GB???

Hmm not sure what I did but I think I got it going now but it 300kbps :\

Edited by thelog

Really nice work.

One question, the Norrköping shouldn't be slower? I haven't drove any ship bigger than 42 feet, but to me it feels a bit too fast ( and too agile ). But I really love to have that kind of ships in the game, and the ability to shoot missiles from them.

Meanwhile the Gotland sub explodes without reason.

It does 75 km/h (40+ knots) so speed is correct, designed to say close to island and ran out. Fire a few missiles on invading soviet forces then hurry back into cover.

It does 75 km/h (40+ knots) so speed is correct, designed to say close to island and ran out. Fire a few missiles on invading soviet forces then hurry back into cover.

WTF! Is it really that fast? Awesome!

What kind of ship class is? ( I was trying find it in Google to have full tech details )

BTW is it gonna work with the artillery module?

She's the lead ship of the Norrköping-class (Wiki link is Swedish) which started as torpedo boats (torpedbåt, T131) but then were refitted in the early 1980s as missile boats/fast attack craft (robotbåt, R131) with the Robotsystem 15 (RBS 15) anti-ship/surface-to-surface missile, although this current implementation doesn't represent the (prior?) six 530 mm torpedo tubes or depth charges.

If you decide to research her further, apparently she and HMS Ystad were reclassified once more in 2002 as the Ytsad-class, then she was decommissioned on 1 September 2005.

If you decide to research her further, apparently she and HMS Ystad were reclassified once more in 2002 as the Ytsad-class, then she was decommissioned on 1 September 2005.

Awesome info! Tack så mycket. A shame that is decommissioned already, looks quite pretty.