granQ

Swedish Forces Pack: 0.7.4 (Updated 27th of May)

This all seems pretty exciting, being a Swede myself - this certainly will be cool to try out, if and whenever it'll be available. Best of continued luck!:bounce3:

This all seems pretty exciting, being a Swede myself - this certainly will be cool to try out, if and whenever it'll be available. Best of continued luck!:bounce3:

its posted in the "addons & mods: complete" and the post above yours states that its been released...

so, just go to the first post and there is the link :)

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Both vehicles use PHYSx. The hummingbird and the Visby class corvette.

Good work, GranQ!!!!

_vC0FZxhLKk

haha you found that one :p

Just for the record, the song is a silly stupid song about two small girls that wants to fly in a pink chopper, thats why it looks like it looks ;)

But yeah, still some barriers to cross before we can do good insertions from ships..

Did I see soldiers from "Sjösäk" in those movies on the front page?

Edit: Just tried out the mod and saw that those were SOG operators using that hat. I did not know it was used by any other unit than Sjösäk. Maybe I was wrong :)

Some other constructive criticism:

The G-båt has higher top speed IRL. Please make it go about 65km/h and make it slower when reversing (about 15km/h I guess).

The tracers used by the Swedes seem to be of the wrong colour. It should be red IMHO.

Edited by Brisse

Tracers will be fixed in the next version (its already fixed but not released). The Gbåt I can't promise (time is the issue) but will look into it, topspeed should at least be easy to fix.

Regarding the hat.. here is a picture from 2005 in Liberia (in SFP you find it under SFP - 2015 / Soldiers UN).

framg%C3%A5ng

It would clutter the mission editor if we were to do all units, combinations thats possible.. but for a mission maker its easy to put the right gear, combo and rename it to "Sjösäk Automatic Rifleman" or similar. not too far away comes our new desert soldiers and perhaps later winter, so there will just in the "basic" models be a lot of units in the editor. We don't want to clutter it with "not so used units", no offense to any sjösäk.. but I think/hope you get my point :)

Alright! Thanks for reply and nice to hear about the improvments.

Any chance that we will see AK-5D in SFP?

Alright! Thanks for reply and nice to hear about the improvments.

Any chance that we will see AK-5D in SFP?

kinda.. think it perhaps already in, (AK5P.. ) but will need to check what we coded and what we haven't coded :)

Just reporting. I am getting signature errors when i try to use your addon on a signature check enabled server.

Files:

sfp_psg90.pbo

sfp_remington870.pbo

After i deleted/removed these two files, i can play.

thank you.. will make sure they are packed and updated.

Would be good if could setup something to try it out myself... perhaps in the future.

Our servers got signature checks and your addon bikey installed.

Feel free to join them to test your signatures.

Hi Guys,

at first this is a great Mod and you do your work very well! But i wannt for a MP mission just the An-14, Soviet transport plane.

Is it possible to just use the sfp_an14.pbo File without to take the Full mod? I tryed it with just the sfp_an14.pbo and it gives me some errors.

cheers

Sc0rc3d

Edited by Sc0rc3d

I love this mod! Hope it continues to get polished.

Can't fly the plane for some reason. And you just

clip through the ships. The submarine is too cool.

Can't wait for that to get finished. Can't imagine

what a complex process that must be to develop.

Keep up the great work!

New update published, the airplane should work fine ;)

some new vehicles I guess is the main highlight. Check first post for more information and URL.

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

HSwMS Gotland has a "funny" relationship with both Stratis and Wamako waters when I use AiA and attempt to maneuver Gotland, just throwing that there... is anyone else noticing that with vanilla-other-than-SFP A3?

HSwMS Gotland has a "funny" relationship with both Stratis and Wamako waters when I use AiA and attempt to maneuver Gotland, just throwing that there... is anyone else noticing that with vanilla-other-than-SFP A3?

Its just supposed to be used for "static" in cutscenes and stuff.. we just got physx to work with the small boat (Gruppbåt/Groupboat) and next out is the missile boat Norrköping. Gotland is pretty far down the list since we aren't aware of any solution for firing torpedos below water. We will do something, but most likely after the proper tools have been released.

While I'm aware of the design concept behind your Gotland interpretation, the thing is that previously it was simply unarmed but could otherwise do surfacing, diving and moving about in the water just fine... whereas tonight I got a CTD when attempting to free-look in third-person on Stratis, and on Wamako it outright sprung into the air, red Hull/Eng, then Gotland tumbles about in the background of the "KIA" screen...

While I'm aware of the design concept behind your Gotland interpretation, the thing is that previously it was simply unarmed but could otherwise do surfacing, diving and moving about in the water just fine... whereas tonight I got a CTD when attempting to free-look in third-person on Stratis, and on Wamako it outright sprung into the air, red Hull/Eng, then Gotland tumbles about in the background of the "KIA" screen...

yeah, but the situation is still that we haven't got any proper tools for arma3.

We are trying to explore how to make physx working.

BIS change classname (SFP AT launcher isn't working on dev branch, but in stable)..

its been one major "cat and mouse" hunt for us to keep up with BIS changes/exploring new stuff.. we just don't have paid staff or anything. So before arma3 is final not much we can do to keep up.

We have many more airplanes, boats, tracked vehicles, cars ready but we still trying to catch up on everything. A quick look on how many new vehicles/boats and stuff been released in 6 months might be a clue from other addon makers. Spanish mod decided to wait until full release.. and sometimes I feel we should had done the same.

epic! histroically one of my highest rated packs. thanks - downloading!

Freaking awesome!!! Thank you. YES, an epic must-have addon.

Downloading now... Is that a SAM site I see? Wow. That would be worth the 500mb

download alone. I do almost exclusively HALO insertions. Would be great to have an

Intel Report on random SAM locations so you have to plan your jump in around these.

The Submarine is just way too cool. Yeah, wasn't working great but you could still use

it. If you get the mysterious flying one, just move-it to another spot slightly and it'll be

fine. ArmA needs a lot more Naval stuff! All that work on SCUBA and no ships? Hmmm.

In my Map/Story, the island has gained some attention from NATO due to the Iranian

military increase in presence. Has more than raised some eyebrows and the CIA working

some late nights. Overtime has been approved. In cooperation with Sweden, as they

already had some hardware in the area, the HMS Gotland Submarine is circling the island

of Stratis far out at sea keeping a closer eye as tensions rise in the Mediterranean.

Anyway to request that sub to have a subdued version with darker subtle markings?

That bright blue insignia is a bit jarring in a vehicle design for stealth operations.

Too many great things about this package to note. Anyway, Thank You so much! :yummy:

Edited by Goblin

Anyway to request that sub to have a subdued version with darker subtle markings?

That bright blue insignia is a bit jarring in a vehicle design for stealth operations.

Too many great things about this package to note. Anyway, Thank You so much! :yummy:

Goblin, all I can say about the stealth.. the proud blue insignia stays ;)

I would think that a submarine would have been detected on sonar or other means long before someone could see the insignia. ;) I have to say though that the Norrköping was working just fine, and I got this screenshot!

Regarding PhysX for the surface vessels, I absolutely recommend that you get in touch with mankyle! He's helped out Chops on an early Flight IIA Arleigh Burke-class destroyer (latter ones lacked the forward Phalanx CIWS) and released a take on USS Independence (LCS 2) and seems to be the leading public member as far as work on PhysX simulation for surface combatants in Arma 3.

I don't know if this is a noted issue but I am getting no engine sounds from any of the soft vehicles (not the reskined models) All of the TGB's have no sounds. I am using DEV build if it matters. I did flick though the tread to check if anyone had mentioned it but saw nothing. (maybe i didn't look hard enough)