granQ

Swedish Forces Pack: 0.7.4 (Updated 27th of May)

new things includes backblast on AT weapons, ak 47 for the OPFOR, suicide belts. A police equipt with Remington 870 shotgun, Mp5 and a new transport airplane! :)

yes, as stated.. new things:

AK47, Reminington 870, RPG7, HK MP 5, some more factions and textures.

Suicide belt, backblast on AT weapons, so don't walk behind your friends!

and of course the usual bug fixes and tweaks..

- I get very few frames on it (13-14, while I get around 22-28 on Stratis)

As far as I can tell its the grass, I go from 15 fps with grass to 70 fps without. Might have something to do with the terrain being flat, but then on the other hand the framedrop persists regardless of viewdistance set.

Big fan of Africa, so I am very excited about Wamako!

Are these guys BLUFOR or Independent?

If they are not BLUFOR, I won't bother downloading them.

...and thats just an ... odd comment. XD

As far as I can tell its the grass, I go from 15 fps with grass to 70 fps without. Might have something to do with the terrain being flat, but then on the other hand the framedrop persists regardless of viewdistance set.

THANKS!

i had no clue what it could been affecting it.. will try use less grass and also done another texture layer that seems to improve fps somewhat.

I will slowly build up different regions, and improve the ones that already are.. but its very hard right now to get good results since need to pack, load arma3, make adjustment, export, pack, load arma3... so on just to get houses off the roads.

What is the player count for the missions included in this mod? And are there any plans to add more missions?

I am not so sure which are included, we often play missions that aren't suitable for general release since missing briefing and we do a oral briefing instead... But 5-40 I would say...

Version 0.1.6 is currently being uploaded.. some of the newest things, not seen in the video released earlier is flashbangs and a "bomb plane" version of the cargo plane.

Complete change log will come with the release on friday, around 13.00 CET.

an14.jpg

rpg7.jpg

Looking forward to this.

Were you able to fix the signature problems?

not sure, but i included a key and I hope I packed everything with that. To be honest I don't use signatures and haven't fully understood them.

Midsummer ( tomorrow) around 12.00 gmt +1

Perhaps the most importat day in a Swedish Viking's life is midsummer.

So here comes our latest release right before the beta that will break everything, enjoy it while it last ;)

So what does our release contain?

Scripting features: Backblast on AT weapons, flashbangs. Ability to shoot smoke rounds with the Carl Gustav.

Wamako, african island still under development.

Units

Swedish infantry, 1981, 2015 and 2035 era-

Wamako factions:

Army, the government supported by Sweden.

PNW, Nationalistic party that thinks the current government is too weak.

Milita, former communist and today leaning towards more "al queda", just hate everything from "the west."

Police and civillians.

This means more headgear and stuff that is worth mentioning.

Vehicles

Hms Norrköping, patrol boat with "radar" that enables you to fire missiles on naval targets up to 5 km away.

An-14, Soviet transport plane, also in bomber and civillian configuration.

Tgb11,Tgb 1111, Tgb 20, 3 Volvo's all terrain vehicles, for transport and recon.

Gruppbåt, small boat for squad level transport

Retextures of helikopters, and the offroad.

Weapons

Flashbangs

H&K MP 5,

Kpist m45, Swedish K

CJB MS,

Pistol 88, glock 17

Remington 870 shotgun.

AK 4, H&K G3

AK5, FN FNC

AK5C,

AK5 C med m203,

AK 47,

M24

PSG 90, Accuracy International Arctic Warfare

RPG 7,

GRG m86, Carl Gustaf/M3 MAAWS

Pskott 68, the miniman

Ksp 58, FN MAG

Ksp 90, FN MINI

Download link:

Torrent 400 mb

Awsome! Thanks!

Just curious about something:

Does "Wamako, african island still under development." mean that you updated it but its still not finished, or that is hasen't been updated yet for this version?

I'll have a download and check nonetheless.

This one have very little changes "visually", but hopefully people experience better fps (slightly) as I optimized one thing related to ground textures.

Also it got some new houses south of the village (also part of the mission Last run, SFP is released with 11 missions..check them out! ;) )... and you can see the road network have been started for the main city that will be futher south. I am still considering how big cities to make, since thats a a huge FPS killer and people already complaining, so we see.

Actually my FPS is much better in the large town than outside of it, so I think the performance issues is really just the one bottleneck of grass, which you worked on, so it should be fine.

Your main town size Is a good size for Arma islands IMO. I think smaller, more detailed towns may be in order for new towns, to balance detail with size. But thats just my preference.

Edited by Phoenix_ZA

I noticed your new main town, looks like a nice layout for a wealthier town.

I have however, not noticed an improvement in performance with the grass :(. Though its still ok for me, and other players which play with lower graphics settings don't noticce much of a hit.

I would also like to point out, that there is a huge mismatch in ground texture color, between the close range and mid range ground textures, during the early morning hours, particularly 06:00. This was the case since your first release.

all I can say is that midrange textures is being worked, I will try in config to lower the amount of grass and the distance its showed.

Perhaps replace it with something else, my "problem" is that I bought a new computer with SSD drive and so on, so I get pretty good FPS on wamako and its hard to "test" what could make good improvements... but grass seems to be key issue so I will try to look into that for next release, even if I think most energy needs to be fixing our release to the Beta levels in code and so on.

Anyone else having problems with backblasts on pretty much every weapon? As soon as we fire ANY weapon with our back to a wall everyone closeby dies :(

haha, ups.. but we need to do a hotfix after tuesday anyway.

Didn't notice that the code for backblast was on "testing" mode when I packed.. sorry :)

Looking nice so far! Will Wamako be released as a standalone island at some point?

We see, so far the only thing I know for sure that will be stand alone is the An-14.

Wamako, I see the point of releasing it stand alone but its also part of our mod. I want people to download our mod, not just pick the cherries.

In other news, I might not be around posting here so much. Got my first warning today at bis forums and knowing the process I might be banned very soon. Of course can't say why, how since that would be against the rules. My god I am so sick of it.

Yeah, I see your point, though I do like the cherries. And here's to hoping you won't get banned :P

SFP have been updated to 0.18, its now compatible with ArmA3 beta.

Most of the work have been to rework our stuff to work with ArmA3, but thanks to Bad Benson we now got a great midrange texture to Wamako.

We also done a few other changes to improve the performance of the island. Other than not much new, a few fixes but check the changelog in the first post for full details and for the download link.