Sign in to follow this  
Assifuah

WIP - M4A1 with Block II Components

looking at your first picture i must say that this model is more like hk 416 than m4a1 ... Here is a photo of one i own (it is an airsoft 1:1 model - not real steel) ... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/liongreek/sam_0040.jpg

pay attention to handguard ... The m4a1 has "sort" handguard attached by a "delta ring" ... This is one more (not real steel again) of my m4a1 original model without handguard rails .. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/liongreek/m42.jpg i believe that now you have an idea of what looks like the m4a1 and the difference between hk 416.

Wish you the best with your project.

Aplion

Block II components.http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/Will816/P7160385.jpg

Here's some block II components in action with the U.S. Army for anyone interested.

Edited by lsp

If you need exact dimensions of the DD RIS 12.5" or m4, just tell me, i've got the real deal here (no airsoft).

Thanks guys! I accidentally cleaned out my puush account (hence the links being down, I'm going to upload some new screenshots) BUT I'm still working on it and the more refined version will be a part of a much larger project. I've also been working on a SIG Sauer P226, I'll leave you with a little WIP image of that too. Recently (yesterday) I started having issues with 3DS Max so I'm currently re-installing, will post up update images as soon as I get it working again.

You guys WILL however see my Block 2 as a part of something much bigger. Here's the pistol image I saved a couple of days ago. The Block 2 images are all at college, so those will have to wait till Monday I guess, should have the issues resolved by then!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IV7xMsn0CKk/UZKnXwKWsOI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/94XAzO4Rq7E/s1600/2+Versions.jpg

Still in its early stages.

Wow looking forward to hear more about that "Much bigger" thing you are working on mate! :D

Nice sig too! ;)

I'm also quite excited to see what your large project is all about.

Nice work on the pistol too :)

Thanks guys! I accidentally cleaned out my puush account (hence the links being down, I'm going to upload some new screenshots) BUT I'm still working on it and the more refined version will be a part of a much larger project. I've also been working on a SIG Sauer P226, I'll leave you with a little WIP image of that too. Recently (yesterday) I started having issues with 3DS Max so I'm currently re-installing, will post up update images as soon as I get it working again.

You guys WILL however see my Block 2 as a part of something much bigger. Here's the pistol image I saved a couple of days ago. The Block 2 images are all at college, so those will have to wait till Monday I guess, should have the issues resolved by then!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IV7xMsn0CKk/UZKnXwKWsOI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/94XAzO4Rq7E/s1600/2+Versions.jpg

Still in its early stages.

A P226 to go with a M4A1 eh? i smell sea water...

A P226 to go with a M4A1 eh? i smell sea water...

I hope you're right about that :)

Sea water... nah dont think so, if you are going where i think you are going you would have to look at a german product before the M4. Plus this particular kind of sea animal is also wearing a German sidearm from time to time.

Possibly someone with a destinctive color barrett

Am I the only person who doesn't understand what you guys mean? Would someone mind helping me out? lol

Well I hope this isn't focused on the seals or rangers and more as a generalized pack of weapons which could be used by various nations special operations forces, being that the majority do use a M4 variant and a variant of the P226. Push these puppies out in desert, jungle(bush) and black variants and they could serve any number of purposes.

Sea water... nah don't think so, if you are going where i think you are going you would have to look at a german product before the M4. Plus this particular kind of sea animal is also wearing a German sidearm from time to time.

Possibly someone with a distinctive color Beret

The German company could have been a oversight...

Though it is a 'large' project, and Astast has been working on that side for a while...

Never heard of ODA using HK Sidearms though, apart from the Mk.23, which from what info is on it, it wasn't exactly popular to carry a 1.4kg pistol when you could carry a 800g M11.

The German company could have been a oversight...

Though it is a 'large' project, and Astast has been working on that side for a while...

Never heard of ODA using HK Sidearms though, apart from the Mk.23, which from what info is on it, it wasn't exactly popular to carry a 1.4kg pistol when you could carry a 800g M11.

Ppl that play in water and prefere to be able to fire there gun afterwards will always use anything apart from an M4. Its so obviouse that even colt is manufacturing piston driven assault rifles now.

And astast would hide anything from me - we are like brothers from a different father.

About the pistol question - yes i prefere a 1,4 kg pistol. Why? 9mm vs .45 ACP speaks a pretty clear language when it comes to effect on target.

Well I hope this isn't focused on the seals or rangers and more as a generalized pack of weapons which could be used by various nations special operations forces, being that the majority do use a M4 variant and a variant of the P226. Push these puppies out in desert, jungle(bush) and black variants and they could serve any number of purposes.

But how can it not be focused on SEALs or Rangers (or any US SOCOM units for that matter) if it's SOPMOD BLOCK II components??

But how can it not be focused on SEALs or Rangers (or any US SOCOM units for that matter) if it's SOPMOD BLOCK II components??

Well what I should of said was the textures of these weapons, not just putting AOR1 on the thing because its seals and what-not... I would like to see this be generalized though-out the SOCOM units.

Well what I should of said was the textures of these weapons, not just putting AOR1 on the thing because its seals and what-not... I would like to see this be generalized though-out the SOCOM units.

I don't think he will put the weapon of this thread out in camo since it's only one weapon and accessories as far as the title goes... but i really would like to see this one in some spray painted desert and maybe some green and of course the standard black.

Ppl that play in water and prefere to be able to fire there gun afterwards will always use anything apart from an M4. Its so obviouse that even colt is manufacturing piston driven assault rifles now.

And astast would hide anything from me - we are like brothers from a different father.

About the pistol question - yes i prefere a 1,4 kg pistol. Why? 9mm vs .45 ACP speaks a pretty clear language when it comes to effect on target.

Ah, yes, the M4A1 submersion tests went so well... -_-

Point, but even the regular frame USP is 8-900g...

Eh, what do you expect when someone asks for a 'offensive handgun', HK just cater the best they can (which judging by the projects they did for the Bundeswehr, they do it well).

lovely work. looking forward to seeing more progress on the Block II.

Ah, yes, the M4A1 submersion tests went so well... -_-

Point, but even the regular frame USP is 8-900g...

Eh, what do you expect when someone asks for a 'offensive handgun', HK just cater the best they can (which judging by the projects they did for the Bundeswehr, they do it well).

Well the general issue with the M4 Plattform is that Eugene Stoner was rushed to finish it, it was serviced before it went trough a final review. Sadly Colt got kind of stuck with the Tube-concept which is the reason why the M4 and M16 do what they do. There is also pros to a gasetube over a piston system, but reliability and durability is none of them.

Piston system stays cooler and cleaner. Means more reliability out of the same neglect periods. So im guessings you are making block 2 m4, and hk416? I noticed the in game text mentioning hk417 so i mean lets see who can beat whom to the punch! Havent seen any of the progress pics since your host went down. Looking forward to it man! Check out the bcm jack carbine if you wanna do something nobody has on the plate yet too :p

We've already got the released HK417s from R3F, but this is seemingly specifically for the "Block II style" while HK416 would seem to be a separate addon.