Sign in to follow this  
Assifuah

WIP - M4A1 with Block II Components

Sounds great!

Again, I really look forward to this set. I'm glad you're working on it.

Edit: looks like mod approved my previous post with pictures in it. Hope it's a good reference.

Edited by .defcon

Beautiful, thumbs up! And would be better to see 3D scope attachment using the PIP function

The Block II I had issued isn't just the rifle, its a full kit with a large amount of accessories and we are free to swap for other parts as long as we hold on to the original gear to turn in when we turn in the weapon. Most of the guys here have our issued Tango Down grips mounted too. IIRC there is an image floating around that has the full accessory kit pictured.
Might you be thinking of this chart?

By the way, is it just me or did BI do a really good job of taking real-world sights and making people think that they were "new" because they weren't a stereotypical Trijicon ACOG or EOTech? :p

Assifuah, to my knowledge the MX and MXC in Arma 3 are indeed using Magpul AFGs (can't tell whether AFG1 or AFG2) while some of the weapons seem to be mentioned to be using a "gripod" (the Grip Pod?) in their classnames, but their model doesn't have the bipod legs extended so it just looks like a special VFG.

You're also correct about foregrips, unfortunately -- the three-attachments limit currently basically limits weapons to optic, IR-laser-or-visible-light, and muzzle suppressor (flash or sound), with no simulation of foregrip/bipod, and underbarrel grenade launcher-equipped weapons still remain separate weapons just as they were in prior Arma games.

Beautiful, thumbs up! And would be better to see 3D scope attachment using the PIP function
Unfortunately all Assifuah could do -- besides making such a scope of course -- would be to configure this rifle / any further variants thereof to accept such a scope made by someone else, due to how accessory configuring currently works.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was getting tired of using sopmod block I m4a1s. You just made my day perfect.

For the scaling issues I made this mock up to help with the scaling. Granted this is a civilian Block 2 Clone so the parts are not 100% from the block 2 kit but the sizing is a good reference.

http://s24.postimg.org/9q2v8xxwl/block2_1.png

You can see the scaling issue with the rail pretty well here as well as the issue with the magazines position, size, and cant.

Original photo if you want it for reference:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46381179@N04/8559316462/sizes/k/in/photostream/

Hope that helps!

This project is great Assifuah, I've been waiting a while for someone to make one of these in Arma. Great comparison shot defcon, I think the rail looks a little too skinny based on that pic, but overall a very accurate model none the less. Looking forward to this! :cool:

Looking forward to seeing a final product, the WIP is already looking sexy!

great work, Magpul Maid grip variant would be nifty but might fall outta the scope of this project. either way love it.

Still my point is that it sure looks bigger than standard M4

Uh.... it is not a standard M4 dude.... it's a Block II

Anyway, back to the topic....

Uh.... it is not a standard M4 dude.... it's a Block II

Anyway, back to the topic....

And who the hek is saying its a normal M4 O.o Read it again...

Still my point is that it sure looks bigger than standard M4

Did you say this or not!? YOU are comparing it to a standard M4!!! :bitch:

Did you say this or not!? YOU are comparing it to a standard M4!!! :bitch:

No Im not... What I wrote was "The length of the barrel is pretty big for M4" Block 2 or Nor its still M4. And no I aint no bitch :) I have my fireman in place.

You are getting way too emotional all about a gun.

Edited by Sakai

Looking great but the barrel seems little to long, would be hard getting around corners with it for sure lol.

Ok, im not sure what all this block 2 stuff means, but the mod kit just comes with attachments. When we transitioned to the DD rail we just changed our upper to the new one with the rail pre installed. The barrel length is the same as a normal m4. That mk18 is a different weapon same rail shorter barrel.

Seems like the barrel lengths were modeled off of a civilian AR-15 that complies with the federal sixteen-inch-barrel-length-or-longer requirement to not count as a short-barreled rifle for federal regulatory purposes.

Seems like the barrel lengths were modeled off of a civilian AR-15 that complies with the federal sixteen-inch-barrel-length-or-longer requirement to not count as a short-barreled rifle for federal regulatory purposes.

Ain't no-one wanting to pay 200$ to the ATF every time they play :D

Not had any time to work on it in the past few weeks, back to college work. BUT, the barrel length has been changed quite a while ago, so let's bury that one.

I'll resume working on it shortly! :)

Thats pretty... Big barrel for M4

Seems like that but it's not, they both use 14.5" (370mm) barrels, i think the reason it seems longer is due to the gaps here:

i0MAZBLGSJubc.jpg

being covered by the DD rail and it not having any accessories combined with the perspective, being a illusion of sorts...

A little update.

A couple of pages back a user, defcon I believe, compared my model to a real life picture on top of each other. They were similar (the model image was at an angle I think, that's why it threw me off comparison wise) but my barrel length was slightly longer. That's been changed and amended, I've also started gathering some proper textures/doing some grueling Photoshopping.

If you don't see my model released separately due to not having enough spare time now, you'll find it somewhere much better I promise you that! But for now, I'm slowly getting back into working on it.

whos picking up on this or is this still moving? block 2 would be slick and id actually run this (run magpul grip, Haley Strategic thorntail and DD rail system would be slick just my 2cents)