Sign in to follow this  
CAI

SMAW rockets travelling at different speeds

Ok really strange problem. Noticed this about a week ago and it is affecting a whole bunch of us who play Arma 2.

In the past I could fire a SMAW at over 1k range and still hit. Also the rocket would move very fast towards the target. In fact hitting a target at 600m it would be an almost instant hit.

The problem now is the rocket speed has changed, it moves very slow compared to the past and it also detonates at about 650m Max range.

I have removed all addons and updated to the latest beta patch (ARMA2_OA_Build_103718) My friend has the same beta patch.

My friend follows this aiming guide:SMAW Aiming guide For me to hit a target at 600m, I need to move down to the 3rd line!

What the hell is going on here? Any idea why it is completely different for the both of us?

Thanks for any feedback.

They are two different rocket types, double check you aren't changing types without realising

They are two different rocket types, double check you aren't changing types without realising

Forgot to mention, both DP and AA rounds move at same speeds etc. So there should be no difference.

Are you sure your friend is using the latest beta as well? There had, IIRC, been some changes to rockets and missiles in the CCP (Community Configuration Project) which gets included in the betas. Basically the rockets should be more realistic now, which seems to be your case. See here . The SMAW and Carl Gustav had been previously almost railguns with 3x RL speeds.