Sign in to follow this  
XenoN585

High FPS in single player LOW in multiplayer

Hey guys if someone could please help me what would be great...

im currently running arma 3 on low fps (20 FPS) everything on low !

Specs..

CPU-Intel Quad Core Q8200 2.33 GHZ overclocked 5% to 2.55GHZ

GPU-GTX 460SE 1GB DDR5

RAM-4GB RAM

WINDOWS 7 Ultimate 64 BIT

I have everything set to low and im still only getting 20 fps its very laggy and barely playable with my friends.. any help on getting my fps increased would be appriciated this is all on multiplayer its very laggy and sometimes drops to 10 FPS depending on the area..

On single player i can play perfectly fine great fps no lag at all Plays SMOOTH!!

Any help would be appriciated!

XenoN

You will proberly also find answers here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147391-Will-my-PC-run-this-What-CPU-GPU-to-get-What-settings-What-System-Specifications

Most of the time when i have this happen to me, its because serverside settings override your own settings.

Admins in general have the view distance, object distance and shadow distance set way way to high on the servers, so people will lag.

Found alot of servers with 5km view distance and 4km object distance and thats completely useless, as you cant see more then 1km ahead because of the hills anyway, most of the time.

Edited by Byrgesen

I have the same problem... in singleplayer i can play without lag but in online play, it is almost impossible to enjoy the game.

If you found the problem, share with us. I'm trying to search since yesterday, but nothing yet. :(

It's an old MP problem that dates back to early ArmA II nd was never solved. Whenever the servr fps goes down die to too much player actions, scripts and A.I. all clients suffer a massive decrease in fps. Solution for MP in ArmA II was:

Use a minimum of client controlled scripts (object spawn since evey object has to be syncronized and some users spawned hundreds of objects)

Keep server remote A.I. under 200 units at a time

Keep player count around a max of 40 (all official BI missions had a max of 32 for a reason)

Do not allow pings above 150

Edited by Beagle

It's an old MP problem that dates back to early ArmA II nd was never solved. Whenever the servr fps goes down die to too much player actions, scripts and A.I. all clients suffer a massive decrease in fps. Solution for MP in ArmA II was:

Use a minimum of client controlled scripts (object spawn since evey object has to be syncronized and some users spawned hundreds of objects)

Keep server remote A.I. under 200 units at a time

Keep player count around a max of 40 (all official BI missions had a max of 32 for a reason)

Do not allow pings above 150

Thanks for the reply..you think this will be resolved in full release of the game so i can play normally with good fps.?

Thanks for the reply..you think this will be resolved in full release of the game so i can play normally with good fps.?

It has never been solved in years, so the "logic" would says: it won't be solved "today". The engine is pretty bad (old)... we can only wait when they'll finally wakeup to figure that this game isn't going anywhere if it cannot be played (properly) by anyone. Atm Arma3 is nothing more than Arma2 with revamped (and much more heavier) gfx.. but unfortunately it's not working good atm. Let's hope! :)

It has never been solved in years, so the "logic" would says: it won't be solved "today". The engine is pretty bad (old)... we can only wait when they'll finally wakeup to figure that this game isn't going anywhere if it cannot be played (properly) by anyone. Atm Arma3 is nothing more than Arma2 with revamped (and much more heavier) gfx.. but unfortunately it's not working good atm. Let's hope! :)

That's not really true at all. Go back to Arma 2 and tell me your movement and aiming don't feel significantly worse. Arma 3 has improved the weapon handling greatly and it really does make all the difference. Sure the graphics improved too, but that wasn't an issue with Arma 2. I'm just glad they finally implemented GPU driven shadows as that is what really stood out in Arma 2.

im just hoping they fix all the lag and low fps issues everyones having so i can play smoothly ...because its really annoying not being able to play multiplayer after spending $30 on this game..they need to step up improve their engines and provide everyone with smooth gaming