Sign in to follow this  
SgtTrojan

[REQUEST] More control over your squad

I find it very frustrating that a squad leader is unable to control who is in his squad or manipulate its soldiers into roles.

Example 1. The fire team medic leaves the game. A squad member volunteers to take that role. Why can't the Team Leader switch that players role for them without him having to leave the game.

Example 2. Waste of Slot. A squad member refuses to work with the squad thus weakening the unit. A better player is available and willing to take his place. Why can't the TL remove that player and reallocate his slot with the volunteer?

Example 3. Key role number 1. The pilot who has been ferrying troops from base to AO and AO to base has to leave. There is a replacement available. Why can't the SL place the pilot in the slot?

It is possible?

Sent by brasilianfart cloud

Exit to lobby, rejoin in desired slot. Other than that, there are issues with loadout to address. As for non-teamplayers, take it to the server admin?

These are things better addressed at the mod/mission level, I think, though perhaps a BIS module would be interesting.

Roger that. I am a server admin and I use the left shift + P to kick (unruly) dudes but hey ho, the issue carried over from Arma 2.

I keep forgetting how modifiable the game is. I think this one might not be fixable for the reason you said.

Sent by brasilianfart cloud

I find it very frustrating that a squad leader is unable to control who is in his squad or manipulate its soldiers into roles.

Proper squad management should be built-in to the vanilla Arma3. If someone makes a proper ticket to the http://feedback.arma3.com I will vote for it.

#vote kick username

This topic is about squad management, not kicking players from the server.

STHud+STInteract kind of work this way... You interact with another player who has it and you join their Shacktack fireteam, which means you can see them on your little HUD... unfortunately, you don't actually join their group. However, the framework is in place; dynamic squads would be excellent for inter-team operations and random amalgamations of players...

Doubt they'll implement it though.