excess3

IDF ( Israeli defense forces ) units,complete

that is the merkava, They just made the gun weaker and no commanders gun

See, I knew I was on the right track. ;)

Didn't wanna say it was one, and look like a fool when it wasn't...but now I guess it's just the other way around. Thanks for clearing that up. Still doesn't make much sense for it to be the American tank in the game, but I guess BI thought the Merkava looked futuristic enough that they wouldn't have to create a new Abrams design.

Would be nice to be able to use these guys with Alive.

Just saying :)

the colour of the older units wer better than these and these models have skinny legs a bit the ones b4 wer better but its a great addon and thanx a lot for it hope we can c more updates sooon

We wanted to make them possible to use with ALiVE but need help figuring out the configs. Don't really have time to figure out how to set up the group configs on my own. Setting up the unit configs was time-consuming enough for me, sorry.

If anyone has any easily understand-able instructions of "dos and don'ts" for group configs, point me in the right direction and I might add support for ALiVE by fixing up the group configs and sending them to excess3 to integrate into the mod.

The models of the older versions were just the US soldiers with a reskin. Needless to say, they looked nothing like IDF except for the color. And of course the helmets which are modular and were created initially for the first version.

The models of the older versions were just the US soldiers with a reskin. Needless to say, they looked nothing like IDF except for the color. And of course the helmets which are modular and were created initially for the first version.

Does that mean you are working in new textures? That would be awesome news ( you could even add some of Apilon's helos, as he freed them, for instance the AH64 with Israeli markings ).

I think that if you contact with Alive devs they will help you about how to get the configs right.

I tried taking a look at the example from ALIVE for group configs, but unfortunately I don't have the time to configure it properly right now. If you want to provide group configs that I can tweak and integrate into the mod that would make the group thing happen sooner rather than later :)

Another issue I have is that the IDF vests don't appear in BIS arsenal regardless of what I try to do. If anyone has any idea why (if it's a bug with the mod, or the arsenal, or anything I can fix or work around in some way) please let me know.

Can we expect a lot of new content in the pipeline or is this just new bugfixes?

IDF was what Arma 3 was originaly going to be based off right ?

Can we expect a lot of new content in the pipeline or is this just new bugfixes?

Since mostly only one person working on it (me :) ) the progress is very slow but yes , next stage is : x95 micro tavor , updated model of helmets (miznefet doesnt looks natural right now), vest, new soldier model

IDF was what Arma 3 was originaly going to be based off right ?

Well yes Arma 3 is closest game to IDF since it originally got Merkava tanks and Panther ( Namer IRL) , i just try to add missing content to complete the faction and looking for ppl to help

Freaking sweet! When are we gonna see these guys speaking Hebrew? :cool:

If somebody willing to add this mod it will be great , right now it's not a priority

Edited by excess3

Voice would first require someone who knows how to change soldier voices with custom ones...

OP your trailer was from the Volvo ad?

Wow looks promising easy weapon for special forces in urban conflicts !