excess3

IDF ( Israeli defense forces ) units,complete

Are these working with the latest Beta Dev build? Not getting anything showing up in the editor under any of the factions. They are in the config viewer, but would be nice to be able to select them as a faction

Edited by thestuntman

yes they work with the latest beta version and they show in blufor blue and then ull c idf

Cool. I was expecting to find them under factions where a lot of the other addon units show up (e.g. I have Australian Defence Force, CAF etc)

I didn't even think to look under classes. /facepalm

If you bug the author enough he might change their faction and give them proper class names...

But so far it's still great to just have the helmets and reskins working :)

Finally I Found "bad guys" for my missions :) Thanks !

Mod updated to 1.03 !!!!! new soldier model ( not reskin) black tavor rifles , proper configs etc

Good work excess3, sorry about my absence lately and my lack of assistance.

Great to have a new version!

Any chance of including the Namer and the Merkava from A3 and M113, apache, hummves from A2 ( now that the A2 models have been released )?

They can do awesomely against Sudden's Russians mod's terrorists.

Edited by MistyRonin

If these are intended to be modern day, and not near future, then what Misty suggested, as well as Blackhawks and Apaches would serve nicely. At least humvees until we get crewmen and pilots.

A lot of things would be nice, but those things take time, effort and most importantly knowledge. Obviously I'm sure nobody would object having more stuff, but you'll have to either be patient or join in and give a helping hand :)

For anything that requires modelling and/or importing, extra patience (or help) is required.

I still plan on helping improve the configs even further with proper faction and groups, but for now at least you have proper classes in the editor with proper loadouts and matching ammoboxes.

Note that this update is not backward compatible, as I re-named all the classes to be more inline with class names to be more intuitive and organized.

I re-named all the classes
in order to help mission makers porting old missions, it would be a good idea to include a table that tells which new classname replaces which old one.

Black Tavors:

arifle_TRG21_black_F

arifle_TRG20_black_F

arifle_TRG21_black_GL_F

arifle_TRG21_black_Holo_pointer_F

arifle_TRG20_black_Holo_pointer_F

arifle_TRG21_black_Holo_pointer_GL_F

arifle_TRG21_black_Hamr_pointer_F

Vest:

IDF_Vest

Uniform:

IDF_Uniform

Helmets:

IDF_Helmet_CQB_1

IDF_Helmet_CQB_2

IDF_Helmet_CQB_3

IDF_Helmet_CQB_4

IDF_Helmet_CQB_5

IDF_Helmet_CQB_Golani

IDF_Helmet_Mitsnefet_1

IDF_Helmet_Mitsnefet_2

IDF_Helmet_Mitsnefet_3

Caps:

IDF_Cap_Instructor

IDF_Cap_Paratroopers

IDF_Cap_Israel

IDF_Cap_Golani

Crates:

IDF_Box_Helmets

IDF_Box_Caps

IDF_Box_Weapons

That's already helpful, but I mean the table should tell which old classname translates to which new one, so people are able to replace them in their missions.

Well, that's pretty straight forward, but basically helmets 1 through 6 were renamed IDF_Helmet_CQB_1...5 with 6 being renamed Golani.

The caps are pretty self-explanatory, and so is the helmet crate and uniform.

Units were completely remade, as before there was only 1 medic class with various helmets/caps, which have been completely removed and instead actual classes were added. Just pick one soldier class from the editor and for starters just replace all old IDF soldier classes with it, then work from there.

Just wanted to drop in and say great addon. I love having the IDF ingame. I personally feel that the IDF in ArmA3 is nearly more important than most other factions that were included, because let's look at it from a real-world perspective; if Iran really did attack Greece (which is a very unbelieveable scenario in the first place), they would have to bypass Israel. And everyone here knows that Israel isn't gonna stand by and let Iran attack ANYONE. They are already itching for a reason to launch an attack into Iran, even without NATO support. So what better faction to have to face against the Iranian Army?

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I am extremely pleased having these units brought into the game and really hope this mod continues on. Can't wait to see what is in store for future updates with this modification. Thanks again.

BTW, the NATO tank ingame looks very similar to the IDF merkava, it would be great to see this used as a placeholder IDF tank until a real Merkava is made. Not even real sure how BI came up with the idea that a 'futuristic' American tank goes from being an abrams into an Israeli clone. :confused:

http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/800px-Merkava3dKasag001.jpg (136 kB)

http://www.hevre.co.il/images/photos/950942_242251.JPG (120 kB)

One of the most awesome tanks in the world, imo. And strikingly similar to the A3 'American' tanks.

Just wanted to drop in and say great addon. I love having the IDF ingame. I personally feel that the IDF in ArmA3 is nearly more important than most other factions that were included, because let's look at it from a real-world perspective; if Iran really did attack Greece (which is a very unbelieveable scenario in the first place), they would have to bypass Israel. And everyone here knows that Israel isn't gonna stand by and let Iran attack ANYONE. They are already itching for a reason to launch an attack into Iran, even without NATO support. So what better faction to have to face against the Iranian Army?

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I am extremely pleased having these units brought into the game and really hope this mod continues on. Can't wait to see what is in store for future updates with this modification. Thanks again.

BTW, the NATO tank ingame looks very similar to the IDF merkava, it would be great to see this used as a placeholder IDF tank until a real Merkava is made. Not even real sure how BI came up with the idea that a 'futuristic' American tank goes from being an abrams into an Israeli clone. :confused:

http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/800px-Merkava3dKasag001.jpg (136 kB)

http://www.hevre.co.il/images/photos/950942_242251.JPG (120 kB)

One of the most awesome tanks in the world, imo. And strikingly similar to the A3 'American' tanks.

that is the merkava, They just made the gun weaker and no commanders gun