Sign in to follow this  
mithbun

Can't get second cargo container...

No matter what angle I try, I always get the message that I damaged it. How do I get the second container on the ship?

Maybe you should be more specific on this one. What ship? Which container? I don't get it.....

Maybe you should be more specific on this one. What ship? Which container? I don't get it.....

It's the scenario where he's flying to do the air show for the old vets. While enroute, they tell him to cancel that even though he's already enroute. He goes and picks up another heli, then heads towards a ship that appears to be listing. There are cargo boxes in the water. I can pick up the first one fine and deliver it. But when I go back to get the second, there's NO way to get it without damaging the cargo. The second box to be picked up is still on the ship.

Does this help?

Nicely played. Things are more clear now. A couple of questions though.

Have you tried playing the mission in rookie difficulty?

Have you used auto-hover?

When does it report that the container is too damaged? Immediately when you hook it to your sling?

Have you tried slowly adjusting the throttle?

Have you updated your game with the patches?

Are you sure you are trying to pick the right container? (just minor humor)

Looking forward for your answers.....

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

Nicely played. Things are more clear now. A couple of questions though.

Have you tried playing the mission in rookie difficulty?

Have you used auto-hover?

When does it report that the container is too damaged? Immediately when you hook it to your sling?

Have you tried slowly adjusting the throttle?

Have you updated your game with the patches?

Are you sure you are trying to pick the right container? (just minor humor)

Looking forward for your answers.....

I have tried the easiest mode and the next harder mode...

I always use auto-hover LOL.. other wise I suck.

It's damaged as soon as it gets to 100% (instantaneously)

Don't even have time to use the throttle... as soon as it gets to 100%, it says cargo damaged.

I have the 1.06 patch (though I don't know where to verify that. Most games have and "about" area where you can see what version you have. I can't find that area yet.

LOL... ya, I'm trying to pick up the right container.. heh

A long time ago when I started playing the game, I was able to do it, but for some reason now I can't get through that particular task.

In that case I just hope that you have already played the career once and so you can always play the rest of the missions.

But on the other hand try repairing the game through the setup.exe in your CD. (make a copy of your saved games just in case...)

Or a question. Have you got the CD inserted in a CD-driver in your computer when you play?

I am asking because I can play without the CD but after a few months it started saying, once you open the game on the right of the options columns, that I have to try the trailer and something about a demo and it was giving me a link about how to purchase the game. That was kind of strange.... Well I inserted the CD and after I restarted the game things got back to normal gladly. And after that I stopped inserting the CD every time I played again. That saves me a lot of time.

In that case I just hope that you have already played the career once and so you can always play the rest of the missions.

But on the other hand try repairing the game through the setup.exe in your CD. (make a copy of your saved games just in case...)

Or a question. Have you got the CD inserted in a CD-driver in your computer when you play?

I am asking because I can play without the CD but after a few months it started saying, once you open the game on the right of the options columns, that I have to try the trailer and something about a demo and it was giving me a link about how to purchase the game. That was kind of strange.... Well I inserted the CD and after I restarted the game things got back to normal gladly. And after that I stopped inserting the CD every time I played again. That saves me a lot of time.

Unfortunately, I downloaded the game from Steam. I HATE downloading games because it sucks not having the CD!!!! I did because I never saw the game in the store and wanted it. It took FOREVER to DL! After the fist discovery, I REDOWNLOADED the game again! Same problem. I have fast DSL (pay extra for faster than normal DSL) and it probably took 8 hours! RUBBISH!

So that's where I am. I can't continue my career until I finish this task... so unless someone comes up with a fix, I'm screwed.

The truth be told people who have downloaded the game from Steam have had some other issues as well even before installing the game.

Also the Hinds version, since you can only download it from steam, has had issues with the registration keys.

I would advise you to download some missions and go online but although the challenges of those missions there are not many players going online.

It could however give you something to play with even in single player till you manage to solve your problem.

My suggestion, Convoy Attack mission.

Also another piece of advise would be to write an email to Bohemia Interactive itself. Logically, if things can not be fixed, you deserve a refund of some kind.

Or if you want me to tell you how many missions are left I would gladly do so. I don't right now because it will be a spoiler.

Also another piece of advise would be to write an email to Bohemia Interactive itself. Logically, if things can not be fixed, you deserve a refund of some kind.

Or if you want me to tell you how many missions are left I would gladly do so. I don't right now because it will be a spoiler.

I'm not necessarily here to get a refund... I just wish I could remember how I got through it the first time! Maybe I'll figure it out. Good advice though... if I can't figure it out, maybe I'll go the route you mentioned re the refund. I still enjoy the game and can still reply the other missions.

I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks but I must clarify that I never meant any offense about the refund or whatever.

And I will keep my head up for any other solutions.

Hope that a solution will be brought up....

P.S. A real nice and unique game indeed.

Thanks but I must clarify that I never meant any offense about the refund or whatever.

And I will keep my head up for any other solutions.

Hope that a solution will be brought up....

P.S. A real nice and unique game indeed.

absolutely no offence taken, further, I appreciate your taking time to help me with this issue. I wonder if there's a way to edit a .cfg file to bypass this?

I am really not sure and I have tried locating this particular mission's data or script but no luck there. Have you got any idea where these files are?

Maybe I could send you my mission's files so as to solve your problem.... I have got windows 7 professional.( so as to check the compatibility)....

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

I am really not sure and I have tried locating this particular mission's data or script but no luck there. Have you got any idea where these files are?

Maybe I could send you my mission's files so as to solve your problem.... I have got windows 7 professional.( so as to check the compatibility)....

I also have Win 7 pro. Problem could be that since I have the "Steam" version, the files may be on their site. Typically (from what I remember) if you're not online, you can't play the game... in fact, I'll check that not and be right back. If I can find where the files are located maybe your suggestion about pasting your files into my game might work. I'll be back.

WOOT WOOT!

Not sure what happened, but for some reason, I was able to pick up the second cargo container! Now I can continue with the game! I just kept trying it over and over and over.

Guess he heli God's were looking out for me.. LOL

Thanks to everyone who replied, much appreciated.