Sign in to follow this  
trent

How come the 3GL only has one shot?

So Blufor's grenade launcher is the Metal Storm 3GL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP_GTx4o134

which as you can guess from its name holds 3 shots. Will this be fixed?

Seems a little weird that after 20 years the US replaces its single shot underbarrel grenade launcher with another single shot underbarrel grenade launcher. On that note, whist I do like the Walther P99, it seems a real odd choice as a sidearm replacement for the Beretta. P99's already been outdone with the PPQ. Imagine what it'll be like compared to the pistols 20 years from now.

There are 3 round magazines for the 3GL.

The default mags for the Soldiers right now are single rounds, though, probably for balancing reasons. In the editing forums they have the classnames for the 3 rounder stacks for the 3GL.

And it works, and it is mean. You also get 3 rounders for all smoke shells and flares.

Noticed the 3GL when looking through the weapon classnames, that's a game changer in my opinion, makes using the GL much better for follow up shots.

not really, unless you skipped boot camp and spent all of that time letting your arms atrophy.

i guess this is OT but ... how is a 3G round even realistic?? can someone explain the logic behind it? you load a gernade, you pull the trigger and you use the primer.... how does this have the ability to launch another round. after the primer and powder have been exhausted.?? all the UGL's in the game have ONE sleeve.. how does this work.. with three rounds.... Please explain i am dumbfounded...

burned hahaha

bad post scimming habbit's die hard

Edited by Lordprimate

i guess this is OT but ... how is a 3G round even realistic?? can someone explain the logic behind it? you load a gernade, you pull the trigger and you use the primer.... how does this have the ability to launch another round. after the primer and powder have been exhausted.?? all the UGL's in the game have ONE sleeve.. how does this work.. with three rounds.... Please explain i am dumbfounded...

IMHO it should be removed.. that is what the 6 shot gernade launcher is for... it has space for 6 rounds.. you use 6 primers.. with casings holding gunpowder... logical

Nothing replaces the knowledge of how to properly use/aim a UGL.. instead with these, you just spam a bunch of grenades until you hit your target? and give away your possition! its kinda stupid..

Dude, really? You question how realistic it is and says it should be removed, when the OP actually included a link to it being fired IRL in the first post?

Lordprimate - 3GL is realistic , not scifi > http://www.metalstorm.com/IRM/content/3gl.html

ok now that makse some sense. so its loaded it like a shot gun. i honestly thought it was made up.. Dude, Really, I didn't click tha link.. happens all the time .. so much to read and catch up on, read and learn, research , search .. its hard to not just skim sometimes and not click a link

Edited by Lordprimate

Well a rifle equiped with this launcher should be extremely front heavy. That makes the exagerated recoil we have ingame even more ridiculous.