emoglobinsky

EM_buildings - new buildings

Great info, tnx for reply! Keep up the good job, I've tested them and they are really good.

New mod v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey emoglobinsky , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

Looking great I've been looking for a replacement for the ported kill houses mod for a while yet. 

If you can replicate the door breaching and wall breaching from that mod you are on to a winner will any squad with a training base (like ours).

I know requests aren't popular but if you can make a simple object that is just a door with frame and bricks around it would enable people to make their own killhouses (we have one made out of containers)

I look forward to seeing this being updated. 

it's a decision you need to make...one you can set the parameter in the buildings geolod to damage=no and the building can never be destroyed or the other hand what I did was to make a damaged version of the model with many damaged sections... you can set the total model strength super high but the damage strength for the sections that can be damaged low and the passthrough = 0 in the config

that means that the section that can be damaged can be destroyed but it doesn't pass the excess damage through to the main model....then you are left with a building that can be totally blown apart but doesn't display that ugly sinking in to the ground.

this is a good example from arma2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvwLeHGQjmI​

And here's what I did with the mil tower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhyKrC1-dE​

• Like 1

it's a decision you need to make...one you can set the parameter in the buildings geolod to damage=no and the building can never be destroyed or the other hand what I did was to make a damaged version of the model with many damaged sections... you can set the total model strength super high but the damage strength for the sections that can be damaged low and the passthrough = 0 in the config

that means that the section that can be damaged can be destroyed but it doesn't pass the excess damage through to the main model....then you are left with a building that can be totally blown apart but doesn't display that ugly sinking in to the ground.

I already tried the damage=no in geolod, but this has no impact.

I also tried to have a hitpoint with 9999 armor and passthrought = 0, still no impact.

Maybe I need to increase the total mass in geometry ?

I already tried the damage=no in geolod, but this has no impact.

I also tried to have a hitpoint with 9999 armor and passthrought = 0, still no impact.

Maybe I need to increase the total mass in geometry ?

Depends....so you are saying you have damage = no in the geolod however the building still gets destroyed?

If so add destrType=0 in the main config. It may be an inheritance issue.

Otherwise if you go the other direction yes. Increasing the mass will increase the armor level as the equation involves the mass of the object.

Depends....so you are saying you have damage = no in the geolod however the building still gets destroyed?

If so add destrType=0 in the main config. It may be an inheritance issue.

Otherwise if you go the other direction yes. Increasing the mass will increase the armor level as the equation involves the mass of the object.

destrType=0 prevent my windows from breaking (yeah strange :D)

I'll try to increase the mass of non destrutible parts... Hope this will work !

- yes Ai use ladders and most ( :D) of the doors,

I've got already experinece with that. Once I just tried to hide myself in a room while enemys are searching the whole house. Anyway I got killed couse an AI was able to go trough a closed door. Do you think that you can fix that ? In the end, these buildings are quite awesome. Keep it up.

..............Anyway I got killed couse an AI was able to go trough a closed door. Do you think that you can fix that ? In the end, these buildings are quite awesome. Keep it up.

I think thats an Arma 3 thing and not necessarily the buildings themselves

Had a chance to look at these... awesome on so many levels.............great layout, beautiful textures and imho as good as BI's stuff....well done!

• Like 2

ye it is. i was wondering though, if it can be fixed by animating hte path lod based on the door position. could work theoretically. would make these work better than vanilla stuff :P . just some thoughts though.

I don't know how to upload things on Six, I'm not that much a hard gamer of Arma : most of the time I play solo or with few friends, so I'm not used to others tools than steam Workshop.

As most content collectors they starve for new content. You don't need to create an account there. If you upload it and this thread gets their attention, you will see it on SiX very soon. Same goes for Armaholic I guess. Yes please not workshop only.

EDIT: Argh, SiX and Armaholic are already here :)

Buildings are most needed thing in ArmA. It's always sad to use gorgeous new maps and if you enter a town you feel like being on Altis or Chernarus.

• Like 1

Em_Buildings

Update  v0.4

Available on SteamWorkshop : Em_Buildings

v0.4 : may 22 2016
- fixed destructions : now buildings don't sink into ground :p
- added test "Land_em_tree_aspen_A"
- added preview image in EdenEditor
- added "Land_em_medical_center_01" (WIP)
- added LOD 10 for each building

v0.3 : april 29 2016
- fixed cfgvehicleclass : now objetcs are listed in props/Em_buildings/structures in both EDEN and ZEUS editors

As always, c&c welcome and have fun :)

vxzDkeE.jpg

• Like 18

The new one looks amazing! I use M3den made by maca and Xcam... I cannot locate your buildings in the editor for some reason. I even looked under where you said to and I still can't find them. Maybe my insanity is getting to me.

Wow, wow, wow!

Going in armaholic?

damn. another new one?!

you're a machine man. keep it up!

The new one looks amazing! I use M3den made by maca and Xcam... I cannot locate your buildings in the editor for some reason. I even looked under where you said to and I still can't find them. Maybe my insanity is getting to me.

Not sure how I could fix that. If you find anything, would love to fix stuff for you ! :)

Not sure how I could fix that. If you find anything, would love to fix stuff for you ! :)

Funny enough as soon as I fired up the editor with the updates they were showing again.

Great work on the buildings, keep em' coming I say!

Request: Office buildings, tall ones.  My troopers think it would be awesome to sling down onto the roof of an office building, then proceed to clear it.

Great work on the buildings, keep em' coming I say!

Request: Office buildings, tall ones.  My troopers think it would be awesome to sling down onto the roof of an office building, then proceed to clear it.

That would be cool !

I might try some skyscrappers :)

• Like 1

That would be cool !

I might try some skyscrappers :)

omg yes :D Mabye make them look like they are new, like it could be liek a hostage situation in a city like New York or smth ;P

Looks amazing tough