emoglobinsky

EM_buildings - new buildings

These look awesome, great job!

Just a thought, though:

Skyscrapers would probably look out of place in Arma, seeing as most of the maps are small islands and stuff. On top of that, most of the building would probably be vacant and not super fun to clear out.

A 5-story ish office complex with cafeteria and all would be awesome though :)

These look awesome, great job!

Just a thought, though:

Skyscrapers would probably look out of place in Arma, seeing as most of the maps are small islands and stuff. On top of that, most of the building would probably be vacant and not super fun to clear out.

A 5-story ish office complex with cafeteria and all would be awesome though :)

I Kind of agree and disagree. I would love to see some skyscrapers with high quality, espacially since they would fit on the map I´m working on perfectly but having all floors accessible is not necessary because 1. It increases the polycount and therefore decreases the potential detail for the rest of the building and 2. affects performance. If the lower 3 Floors or so would be enterable though, it would still be fun to clear it.

• Like 2

Hi, I'm trying to make a bigger building :

4 floor + roof + small heliport, it's a corporate / office building.

nNGcZZY.png?1

I'll try to optimize doors and windows count, most likely to have some doors in important places and empty doorway when no needed : the medical center was 45 doors and 30 windows, it was way too high and a pain in the ass to configure ^^

Anyway, i'll find a way to make this a true proper building : i'll add decals and hopefully some decorating props like vents, grids, pipes, etc...

• Like 11

Hi, I'm trying to make a bigger building :

4 floor + roof + small heliport, it's a corporate / office building.

nNGcZZY.png?1

I'll try to optimize doors and windows count, most likely to have some doors in important places and empty doorway when no needed : the medical center was 45 doors and 30 windows, it was way too high and a pain in the ass to configure ^^

Anyway, i'll find a way to make this a true proper building : i'll add decals and hopefully some decorating props like vents, grids, pipes, etc...

keep going keep goint *sing*

appreciate your work buddy :-)

• Like 2

I love you.... seriously these buildinstructions never cease to amaze me. Makes me want to make a terrain.

I hope you realize the only reason the last set of pics don't have more likes is because all Arma players are currently lost in the jungles of Tonoa!

Again, beautiful work!

FPS *= 1 / complexity(building);

Haha, I'm indeed really scared about playability. Such a complex building, and it needs at least some more buildings around it. Still this is the way to go, in the year 2132 we can play a small village full of those buildings, at 60+ FPS ;)

FPS *= 1 / complexity(building);

Haha, I'm indeed really scared about playability. Such a complex building, and it needs at least some more buildings around it. Still this is the way to go, in the year 2132 we can play a small village full of those buildings, at 60+ FPS ;)

it depends on how it is used and of course, the number of individual textures. From a polycount perspective, a single buildings has about the same vertex number as a single weapon with attachments...

love te buildings, but i seem to have a problem when going a little distance away from the building the building turns white (texture problem) ??

love te buildings, but i seem to have a problem when going a little distance away from the building the building turns white (texture problem) ??

Yeah, I'm aware of that issue. SHould be easy to fix (a path issue in LOD)

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm aware of that issue. SHould be easy to fix (a path issue in LOD)

well ??? what are you waiting for ?   :P

keep up the work love to see some more buildings 

• Like 1

Em_Buildings

Update  v0.5

Available on SteamWorkshop : Em_Buildings
v0.5 : september 9 2016
- added bikey for servers
- added "Land_em_heliport_01"
- added work in progress "Land_em_building_04"
- fix some issues with LODs

As always, c&c welcome and have fun :)

This is a quick fix, I hope everything is working. I don't really have time to work on this addon right now.

I'm also opening donations, as I can't sell my work and want all the players to be able to play my addon and I know a lot of Life servers are requesting permission, I prefer them to donate few coins and let everyone use it.

ipRHKxz.png

• Like 4

Oh goodie! More architecture!

I really need to find an optimized way to handle so many texture / material, right now, I haven't touch it in a month since I'm struggling with textures...

I also would love to find how you mmade yours, see how decal mat works ^^

• Like 1

I really need to find an optimized way to handle so many texture / material, right now, I haven't touch it in a month since I'm struggling with textures...

I also would love to find how you mmade yours, see how decal mat works ^^

I'll send you a sample, but my models aren't exactly much to brag about, some have up to 19 sections (yikes!).

yesssss the update has arived :) :)   love the buildings  can't wait for the new building to be finished  :) :)    keep it up .. great work ... etc. etc. etc.   :P

Wow, amazing work man! Glad I came across this, heh

I know I said I woudn't work on this anymore but...

It contains 4 sections, no doors right now and poor shadowlod / geometry.

Can someone tell me how to make the model to randomly load the MC texture so I can change colors without adding a new model ? In config.cpp ?

ZdrSBEH.png

• Like 3