emoglobinsky

EM_buildings - new buildings

Oh, that's interesting, so I should just switch to ADS, you think that's causing my texture to be darker than they should ?

I'm having the same issue, but haven't tried _ads yet.

-edit-

As you can see here the occluded areas are very dark even though I've bumped up the _as brightness quite a lot (interior does not have shadows in this pic). Let us know how _ads works out for you!

Hello forum

I just recorded a small sneak peak of my current work in progress from maya viewport.

Hope you'll find it cool, I can't wait to try it ingame... Still have to merge meshes, unwrap and pack UVset2 and bake mask/ao. And all the LODs :p

• Like 9

I really really appreciate your work buddy. it is an important way of modding and needs a lot of skill and passion to do buildings in arma.

Keep up your awesome work!

Regards

Chaser

Please keep it up. Your work is awesome and definitely brings in a new style of buildings.

Beautiful stuff! Looking forward to it and certainly appreciate your efforts!

fantastic work always great to see good quality new enterable buildings being made well done :)  

vNq4ESQ.jpg

Hi, I just uploaded an early work in progress version of my addon : Em_Buildings

Em_Buildings aims to add more variety in interiors Close Quarter Combat with a set of custom made high quality structures like mansions, houses, offices, hospitals, etc... 

I do not grant any permission to unpack this mod, so if you want to use it in a custom mission or terrain right now you have to use the dependecy from this Workshop item. I may change my mind later, but for now as this mod is in early Work in Progress, I prefer to keep control on my work. 

** KEEP IN MIND THIS IS AN EALRY WORK IN PROGRESS ** 

V0.1 : 
This version contains 3 buildings 
- em_mansion_01 
- em_mansion_01_reversed 
- em_building_02 

Any critics or comments are welcome, I plan to recreate one of the first building in this topic for my next building. ;)

• Like 7

Will this be on Armaholic as well? Looking forward to checking these out!

Thanks!

Will this be on Armaholic as well? Looking forward to checking these out!

Thanks!

Right now, no : I prefer to keep control on what I'm uploading and steam offers some cool feature (like stats / update on the fly). I may change my mind later ^^

Best stuff I've seen in Arma series so far! Excellent buildings, that is exactly what is missing in this game :/ I don't have high hopes with Apex to deliver bunch of offices...

• Like 2

Just awesome and the flipped buildings are fantastic! Congrats on the first release.

Where do I find these in the editor?

Where do I find these in the editor?

Right now, in "structure / village / mansion_01, building_02". Or you can use the textsearch.

• Like 1

splendid work from you thank you for sharing.

I tested IG three buildings made available

I like to know when we could be updated with buildings you a screen here.

I am eager sorry.

Too bad its a workshop item only. Many of us don't use workshop at all. We have custom repositories for Play WithSix.

• Like 2

That's how I feel with PlayWithSix. Never managed to catch on to that program.

As for the buildings, these are incredible!  Great work man and I'm looking forward to some more!

Too bad its a workshop item only. Many of us don't use workshop at all. We have custom repositories for Play WithSix.

I don't know how to upload things on Six, I'm not that much a hard gamer of Arma : most of the time I play solo or with few friends, so I'm not used to others tools than steam Workshop.

The office building is awesome. I'm looking forward to new buildings in that quality.

New one in the family, Should come this week with update of 2 previous buildings (fixed missing textures, added windows to mansions)

I still need to figure out how to prevent buildings from destroying and sinking into ground , and a ghost texture assigned in some p3d that I can't find :S

Zah4QpG.jpg

• Like 7

Absolutely love these buildings! They aren't bright and shiny new looking like others! If you need some help texturing let me know, I'd be happy to help!

Em_Buildings

Update  v0.2

Available on SteamWorkshop : Em_Buildings

- fixed several missing and ghost textures 
- added breakable windows in "em_mansion_01", "em_mansion_01_reversed" 
- added structure "em_building_03"

As always, c&c welcome and have fun :)

LLN5muy.jpg

• Like 7

Great stuff. How can mapmakers include them in the map, what are the rules here?

Also...

- are the buildings made to be usable by AI, pathfinding works, positions for garrison?

- any plans to add furniture, at least couple of closets?

Great stuff. How can mapmakers include them in the map, what are the rules here?

Also...

- are the buildings made to be usable by AI, pathfinding works, positions for garrison?

- any plans to add furniture, at least couple of closets?

Right now, I haven't given any specific permission to anyone (as it is still in alpha) but I don't allow reupload and repack at the moment. But as you said It should at least be on Armaholic and PlaywithSix (I just don't have the time right now to make account and upload stuff).

- yes Ai use ladders and most (:D) of the doors, you can send them in various positions in buildings (still have to check why @ares feature isn't working tho), and they follow path correctly.

- I tried to add furniture with proxies, but I prefered to focus on structure, I'll see in a later stage if I can add simple box proxies