emoglobinsky

EM_buildings - new buildings

Thx, ambassies i don't know, my aim is more to deliver a set of bulding that could fill a small quarter for CQB than to make each buildings that exist ^^ If it bring gameplay and can be fun to play in and around, why not ...

Here is a shot of my latest work : trying to go with some US-ish building (still have to do collision and shadow lods :/

9720564301_bc2f707c67.jpg

That is awesome.

could you maybe make some kind of villa/ penthouse/ 'luxury' house? Definitely missing that in Arma 3. :)

That is awesome.

could you maybe make some kind of villa/ penthouse/ 'luxury' house? Definitely missing that in Arma 3. :)

If you should consider it Emoglobinsy, I'd gladly second that request. Something sleek, chique and modern (or not so much anymore, by 2030's standards) would indeed be a welcomed and fitting addition to Altian landscape.

Something like this; It's a most appealing architecture style that I like to take on occasionally in Sims3 :P

Modern-Villa-by-MAAS-Architects11.jpg

wow dude really nicely done! i love the fact you are oriented towards US buildings seeing how there has never been a good US based map. im sure if you increase this library of awesome somebody will make a good map allowing for police/swat missions, invasion missions, and even good for video makers :)

Great work , I really hope that someone will create an american city or town based on buildings like yours.

Nice, mind posting some breakdowns on the buildings? I'd love to see how they're done.

Very nice man.

I know you are working hard back there.

Keep the family growing and lot of map makers will be happy :)

Great job!

I always missed some hardcore URBAN combat enviorment in ARMA.

A town where you have to fight from building to the next, clear out buildings.

Will there be ruins that comes along with the new buildings?

If we want to nuke the town in any way and it suddenly start looking like a new Stalingrad, and makes the urban combat even harder.

Cant wait for this!

Keep up your great work!!

Will there be ruins that comes along with the new buildings?

If we want to nuke the town in any way and it suddenly start looking like a new Stalingrad, and makes the urban combat even harder.

Nope, that would demand a huge amount of work. Right now, tools / engine / pipeline are really terrible, so it takes a lot of time to have my objet from my mind to the game.

I'm focusing on delivering something that i can actually finish someday and i can't afford to get lost in tons of stuff (like openable doors, destruction, LODs, high def materials, etc...) My stuff will be very basic and static. ^^

Like i said, all buildings wont be fully enterable : they'll have some sections were you can go in : typicaly you can enter in the front door > walk the stairs > hit the rooftop > climb down a ladder to be back to the ground.

@Xendance :I'll try to post my process for the next building, still not sure what it'll be ;p

Nope, that would demand a huge amount of work. Right now, tools / engine / pipeline are really terrible, so it takes a lot of time to have my objet from my mind to the game.

I'm focusing on delivering something that i can actually finish someday and i can't afford to get lost in tons of stuff (like openable doors, destruction, LODs, high def materials, etc...) My stuff will be very basic and static. ^^

Like i said, all buildings wont be fully enterable : they'll have some sections were you can go in : typicaly you can enter in the front door > walk the stairs > hit the rooftop > climb down a ladder to be back to the ground.

@Xendance :I'll try to post my process for the next building, still not sure what it'll be ;p

Just a thought: maybe try contact BIS for their builings in ToH, I belive because the game is dead, in terms of sales, and because they care about the community they might give you permission to edit them. Maybe just create interiors. I mean it's worth trying.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/11/Take-On-Helicopters-review-2.jpg (759 kB)

Are you also making sidewalks, medians, or large sections to place the buildings on, so that they look as if there is a difference in height between the street and sidewalks of the buildings?

If not, would you be kind enough to post some of the dimensions of the buildings so that others may contribute to your mod? For instance, if you already have a certain amount of buildings on one "city block," what would you need modeled to create a sidewalk around the buildings?

Hope that's clear enough.

I don't think i'll ask BIS for TOH models lol ^^ and tbh i don't want to edit them, i'm still noobing with the terrible tools. Editing looks way more difficult than doing from scratch.

About sidewalks and roads. I would have loved to be able to make them, but i read somewhere that objets are limited to 50x50m and to my knowledge "vertex collision convex meshes" are not supported by engine even if it would simplify ALOT our work.

And i have noknowledge in terrain creation and don't think i'll try to learn. but anybody can create modular sidewalks ^^

dont ask for updated but i will say this, i havnt looked at this post in a while and dang he hes some HQ stuff, once i find out how to do it, i wanna use these buildings in a map, if only he would rrelease them so they could be in my chernarus remake i am currently stuck on

I hope this project never ends. Those building are magnificent, I'd love to see them appear on a map one day.

Sorry i lost interest in this project, requires too much work for not enought rewarding... Also i lost my files in a hardware crash and didn't get the motivation to start again.

I think gave a pbo to someone long time ago but don't remeber who it was and if he still has it.... If you read me you can freely post the pbo and share it ;)

Hey Emoglobinski,

sorry to hear that mate- I know just how much effort is required to produce structures like these and add to that the effort of self motivation..!

For what it's worth, they look f&(^&g great man. :)

Sorry i lost interest in this project, requires too much work for not enought rewarding... Also i lost my files in a hardware crash and didn't get the motivation to start again.

I think gave a pbo to someone long time ago but don't remeber who it was and if he still has it.... If you read me you can freely post the pbo and share it ;)

perhaps the link is still in your send PM's map. :)

sad to hear that you've lost interest! the buildings look great.

So many modders backing out of their mods due to HDD crash and data loss these days.. Please let be this a lesson for everyone (including me :P) backups are actually important!

So many modders backing out of their mods due to HDD crash and data loss these days.. Please let be this a lesson for everyone (including me :P) backups are actually important!

Well, first i lost interest and motivation (tools and pipeline are horrible, I think BI artists are masochists), then I reseted my HDD, but forgot to save P:drive.

Thx everyone for the kind words, almos make return to mod again ;)

Thx everyone for the kind words, almos make return to mod again ;)

that would be nice ,the wip pics shows you are really talented modder