emoglobinsky

EM_buildings - new buildings

Looking very nice. I hope there will be building positions included for AI. :)

try this

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13645

should still work in arma 3

I'll throw an eye, but right now its for mission editing, and i'm not making any mission nor island ^^

I did the geometry Lod, not sure if everything is right, i think i need to test it with AI, but i have to create an AI path in order to XD

Here a small-photoshoped picture of AI firing at my building :

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3722/9562138481_8814f70bc6_o.jpg

:D wish A3 look like this, maybe A5.

I worked on a new building, a sort sort of garage, same set of textures. Still need to do a proper collision mesh and shadow lod for this one. :)

9587161967_cedd361718.jpg

your on a roll :)

gerat lookin buiding again there , txtures fit in very wel with scene around too .

Looks so nice. :) The AI is buggy also in buildings on Stratis so maybe its a game issue that will be tweaked later since in A2 AI didnt walk through walls.

Fantastic buildings again Emog..!

I really like your style, very clean and crisp geometry- I can tell you have a great understanding of all the LODs mate..!

Fantastic buildings again Emog..!

I really like your style, very clean and crisp geometry- I can tell you have a great understanding of all the LODs mate..!

Thx, i try as much as posible to keep my vertex count low and shape simple, so i won't have to make a ton of LODs (because it's time consuming, boring and harrassing) or deal with arma engine limits.

I can't imagine how hard it will be to do all your collision lods when you'll have all your objects for your stalker project :p

Yeah, tell me about it mate..! ;)

I've already got a few models ingame and working though so am now more than familiar with the process so I try as much as possible to bear the LODs in mind when building my structures.

But, to be in the Stalker style I do need to cut in a lot of little individual planks of wood or collapsed areas... It'll just take more time to make the lods really... But it should be doable..!

Anyway, keep it up man, I can see some great progress in your work.

Someone should make an awesome city map like the one in Battlefield 3 with these beautifull buildings! :rolleyes:

VERY nice work!

Tracking! My eye's on you just as it is on Marc's great work.

What I enjoy about the buildings so far is their "unified" look. They look like products of a cohesive culture, which, of course, they are!

If you can, please seriously consider supplying us with a shopping mall or two (with a "working" movie theatre!), a broad range of family abodes of various incomes (not apartments) and a college-like library.

First off, don't you dare disappear from the community!

Second, I got questions :)

Are you doing full interiors only?

Have you planned any specific number/types of buildings to create?

The way I think of buildings with limited interiors are that they are completely fine, as long as there's atleast two or more entry points. Smaller building are great with full interiors, but if it's a huge appartment building, then a lobby, stairs, corridors and 2-3 open appartments are more than enough. Atleast if it's going to be used in a dense city. There could be many versions of the same building, but the rooms enterable could be switched around. I feel larger buildings are quite needed around here. So many small villages and settlements gets created, but no real city, yet.

I'm definitely going to really get into the whole terrain creation once A3 is out. I have had ideas for cities and terrains for years, but not had the knowledge of the whole ArmA modding process. With great resources like this, great things will be created. I'm not thinking about huge maps, mostly islands like the island Porto for those who know it, and it has a great sized town for being such a small island. If I could get to re-create Porto with A3 assets and maybe even buildings like this, wich could get very interesting, there could be lots of fun close-quarter-combat and firefights.

Shoot you beat me to it, I was actually starting on making a baghdad map and these look a lot like buildings are started creating for the map. Maybe we can get together and put are minds together. Great work by the way looks awesome!

Will these buildings have positions in them for AI to move to? I can't wait to use them. I don't know why the Arma 3 buildings drain so much fps, but how will these buildings compare to the A 3 fps?

First off, don't you dare disappear from the community!

The way I think of buildings with limited interiors are that they are completely fine, as long as there's atleast two or more entry points. Smaller building are great with full interiors, but if it's a huge appartment building, then a lobby, stairs, corridors and 2-3 open appartments are more than enough. Atleast if it's going to be used in a dense city. There could be many versions of the same building, but the rooms enterable could be switched around. I feel larger buildings are quite needed around here. So many small villages and settlements gets created, but no real city, yet.

I'm definitely going to really get into the whole terrain creation once A3 is out. I have had ideas for cities and terrains for years, but not had the knowledge of the whole ArmA modding process. With great resources like this, great things will be created. I'm not thinking about huge maps, mostly islands like the island Porto for those who know it, and it has a great sized town for being such a small island. If I could get to re-create Porto with A3 assets and maybe even buildings like this, wich could get very interesting, there could be lots of fun close-quarter-combat and firefights.

Right now, i'm not able to make a fully interior building, but some enterable room only (for otimization mainly, and because it become harder to deal with a huge model in term of collision, shadows, etc...) for example : first building have 2 interior floors that you cant reach (and i dont include props models like chairs, tables, etc...that i hope will be added in visitor). So like someone asked : a mall would be great, but also very hard to do. I'll give it a try, but i fear that it will be haaaaaaaaaaaardly possible.

So when i make a building i try as much to give different entry point, and try to not make them facing each others : "is there a sniper on that roof ? You can access it by stairs, ladders or just find a higher building then shoot him".

Shoot you beat me to it, I was actually starting on making a baghdad map and these look a lot like buildings are started creating for the map. Maybe we can get together and put are minds together. Great work by the way looks awesome!

Well, if you have some serious knowledge about island creation, i might be interessted ! Its too complicated for me and I don't have time to learn visitor tools and techniques.

Edited by Emoglobinsky

I'm by any means no expert but been doing my reading and managed to get a few different maps up. I'm starting on the baghdad one and these buildings would match a lot of ones that are there.

Stunning quality! It is always great to see new structures for new terrains.

How many new structures are you planning to create?

As much as i'll be able to handle ! I still have a lot of errors in my log file i can't solve and some other project that drain my freetime, so i don't give me milestones about this pack.

I would love to hear more about that "proxy method". Right now, the building seems ok but any knowledge is good to take ;)

I'm not sure what you're talking about... I have only one LOD as primary geo model so no flickering, but that could change.

I'll post a screen of a new building soon.

Sorry about the long time reply. The proxy method is best for parts that don't move at all, because you can just create the proxy file, generator the proxy, paste it and have done with it. And that is basicly all you do, copy/paste the necessary static parts to an alternate file, click "Create-Proxy" and it will create a triangle, cut the triangle, save file and past the triangle in the original file. You will also need to double click the proxy named section a few times and then link it to the previous file (remember to go by P not C) and whala.

Emoglobinsky congrats on the buildings project, looks phenomenal.

Good job.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Do you think that you'll be capable of modeling embassies in the future? That would be cool alongside a few 7eleven and Walmart! :cool: