Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

100k Sales Soon!

hey, check ur steam library, click on arma 3 and see urself. Currently 98989.:)

Congrats BIS, 100k in nearly a month, is pretty damn good!:yay:

That arn't that huge sales... remember the 1 mio sales in ofp times.

Are you talking about the 'contributions' number?

In that case, that would mean only 175,000 copies of HL2 were sold? Episode one only 30,000? Doubtful.

I think it does not mean the number of copies sold. Probably it's the number of screenshots, videos, posts on the community forum,etc. But it would be interesting to know.

I think it does not mean the number of copies sold. Probably it's the number of screenshots, videos, posts on the community forum,etc. But it would be interesting to know.

That was my thought.

maybe anyone who has clue, could explain this?

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

i think not, i remember the first day it came out, i was one of first who started to play it, 1 hour dl after release, it did show about 700 ppl already, but in steam hub there were only 3 screenshots at this time.

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Are you talking about the 'contributions' number?

In that case, that would mean only 175,000 copies of HL2 were sold? Episode one only 30,000? Doubtful.

this function is new, only few years old if im right. HL2 and Episodes are quite old now, maybe it counts the sales, after this function came out first.

Where in Steam do you see that number? :confused:

Oh I see now, was using the minimalist layout and it actually takes time before it updates when you change it. Anyway it's definitely not the sales, but contributions in the Community Hub, "screenshots, videos and discussions"... I'm pretty sure sales figures are always confidential, only BiS and Valve know those numbers. The Community Hub is still a good hint of how successful a game is though. :)

Edited by dunedain

this function is new, only few years old if im right. HL2 and Episodes are quite old now, maybe it counts the sales, after this function came out first.

So, another example, nearly 10,000,000 purchases of Team Fortress 2 after this new function came out? It's named contributions, not sales, I believe its linked with how people interact with the game - the high number for TF2 makes sense when you consider how many hats people have to exchange etc.

That arn't that huge sales... remember the 1 mio sales in ofp times.

Yes but that wasn't after a month after release :)

That's Steam contributions (videos, pictures) not sales. Steam never reveals sales

Judging by how fast A3 went to #1 most sold, they probably pass that number in the first day of sale, if not in hours.

Judging by how fast A3 went to #1 most sold, they probably pass that number in the first day of sale, if not in hours.

Eh, I wouldn't quote the "top sellers" list on Steam. Notice it now? It changes weekly.

Was talking about the release day.

it was #1 for about a week if not more, next to it were arma 2 complete and at #10 combined ops. So, you say arma 3 had about 700 videos and screens and messages at first hours after release? Steam hub was empty when i looked inside and it said 700.

it was #1 for about a week if not more, next to it were arma 2 complete and at #10 combined ops. So, you say arma 3 had about 700 videos and screens and messages at first hours after release? Steam hub was empty when i looked inside and it said 700.

Probally yes, since TF2 has lots of community content and low sales and it is number is higher than other games

I think one of the indicator for the sales is the usage of the mp-part

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=107410q33930&from=1365014348

In comparison its abit lower to ArmAII:OA.

eg, current players 3,994 on http://store.steampowered.com/stats/tr.player_count_row

So I think the sales arn't that high. I presume the sales arn't higher than the sales of ArmA2 driven by dayz.

Community Content Contributions- its full name

i hope its clear now

Time to troll

100k free Quality assurance testers

Problem?

They just made it official this time. :D

To be clear steam contributions is not game sales

Contibutions are things like ingame screen shots, videos, workshop files and news.

i see. My bad. Ok if this thread is pointless, let it be locked then. Or maybe a moderator can rename it to 100k steam contributions or merge it with "congratulations BIS" whatever thread.