Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

Hammerhead No Fire Icon?

Hello all. I'm having trouble with the hammerhead. I brought 1 hammerhead and apparently when i entered an island zone (or either the sea), there was no icon to launch it.

I brought a second one if it might help but didn't work at all. Plus at the time the enemy carrier was there throwing everything it had at me. :don 14:

It would be great if someone could help me on this question.

Ranwer

Is it a CC with a shield? If so, you need to destroy the boosters first. Also, has the hammerhead system been damaged?

the CC had a scrambler and i decided to destroy all scramblers first. I also checked the hammerhead status and its 100% fixed, but still no fire icon? :confused:

Not sure then, maybe you can't fire it when the enemy carrier is nearby. Have you launched one before? I've hardly ever used them because they are expensive, you still need to clear the island units anyway, and it takes a long time to rebuild. I only did it to watch the effect.

I have tried launching it on a island without the enemy carrier nearby. But still does not work, but i guess your right about the fact that these hammerheads will only blow the command center, not the units as well. I have tried a solution to get rid of the enemy units on a island anyway. :o

Cheats (which i call them). :D

For the walrus:

5 will have hack capsule with grenade (ARMOR MK1)

6 will have a flak gun to use against all enemy targets (ARMOR MK1) (player)

7 will have a howitzer (ARMOR MK2)

8 will have a rocket for AA defence (ARMOR MK1)

With the flak I can use it against ground units when I get it on the right angle. Poor APA :16_6_8:

Anyway back to the topic I guess the hammerhead is pretty useless against enemy units.

Thank you so much for your help anyway bro.

Cheers.

Ranwers

Another thought, is this the campaign you are playing in? if so, have you actually unlocked the hammerhead launcher yet? It isn't unlocked until later on in the game, even though you may be able to make the missiles themselves. My strategy for island clearing is mainly using mantas with rockets, laser, shield and armor mk I, use the rockets to attack turrets/walruses/P&H stations, then clear the air units with the lasers, then send the walrus in with a hacker.

OOOOOO. Thats what i'm doing wrong then. I didn't know you have to unlock the hammerhead in the campaign so in the stragety mode it wasm't unlocked. Thats what im doing wrong then. Thank you so much for your help bro. I'll see if I can unlock that hammerhead in the campaign today. Thanks bro, your the best. :yay:

Cheers.

Ranwer

I only mean you have to unlock it in the campaign if you are playing the campaign. Unlocking it in the campaign won't unlock it in the strategy game. In the strategy game it depends on the tech level you started the game with, but I didn't think it was possible to build missiles without it being unlocked.

Ok, I get it now. :biggrin_o: