Sign in to follow this  
kiory

SA80 Ris/L85 Ris Release (Finally!)

Na that was a joke made it in like 30 seconds lol

Yea I know it was a joke! But still, it wasn't that bad :P I think haha

Nice job on giving people and inside look into your process and in getting mentioned in the SITREP. Looking forward to downloading and trying the weapon!

Updated the first post, check out the list of changes to see what's up.

Very nice job Kiory. I'm especially excited to see some good quality Brit kit in the works already and look forward to many more.

For the record, one of the reason so many modders end up going down the binarized/licensing route is simply version control and their own sanity for post-release support. Especially for more comprehensive mod packs, you run the risk of several versions of a similar mod kicking around, often un-credited and occasionally (but thankfully rarely) others claiming it as their own work. In many respects a truly open source release is a great thing for the community, as long as you are prepared for it!

Honestly, I have nothing to be prepared for, I fully expect this to happen.

If people would rather claim my items as their own without crediting me, that's fine, at the end of the day I know who made it, and most the stuff I make is broadcast on twitch, so they won't really have a leg to stand on either way. XD

Thanks for the kind words!

Honestly, I have nothing to be prepared for, I fully expect this to happen.

If people would rather claim my items as their own without crediting me, that's fine, at the end of the day I know who made it, and most the stuff I make is broadcast on twitch, so they won't really have a leg to stand on either way. XD

Thanks for the kind words!

And at the end of the day (though releasing source files with it probably has to do with it) you're the only one publicly cited by BI in a SITREP. ;)

all of that is an ego boost. what really matters is it enriches the modding community and inspired others to get involved.

It should be pointed out that is why BI publicly cited this release and whoever wrote that SITREP said as much...

I see nothing wrong with an ego boost, keeps me going, it's nice to have someone name drop you, especially the devs of the game you are modding. That being said, don't let that you formulate any pre conceptions as to what type of person I am, I'm not here for glory, I'm just here to mod the shit out of Arma 3. ;)

Edited by Kiory

Since Kiory stated in the OP that the sounds he used weren't quite the thing, I decided to make something about it.

http://www.speedyshare.com/VdV7w/sa80ris-variants.rar

There's a few variants of the sounds - I couldn't quite decide which is better, so anyone will choose himself what he thinks is best. The archive contains 3 different variants:

*sa80ris_r.rar - this is a version of a new sound and a pretty hard reflection which makes it sound realistic and pretty loud

*sa80ris_b.rar - this is a version with more balanced shot-reflection which still sounds realistic but isn't so hard on the volume

*sa80ris_dry.rar - this is a version with just the new sound and no reflection if someone doesn't like the reflections or finds them unfitting

No video to showcase the sounds - my PC wouldn't handle recording it, but the sounds are definitely worth trying.

Sorry to resurrect, but I added the ability to use the FHQ accessories, hope nobody minds. :) This gun with the FHQ Acog, flashlight, and the E3 British units makes an awesome combination. Great mod Kiory!

2013_06_10_00001.jpg

tumblr_mkvt0s9_Gv_U1robsa3o1_500.jpg

Edited by Banky

Sorry to resurrect, but I added the ability to use the FHQ accessories, hope nobody minds. :) This gun with the FHQ Acog, flashlight, and the E3 British units makes an awesome combination. Great mod Kiory!

http://s23.postimg.org/3vrvpz2bb/2013_06_10_00001.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/q6fqpxzlj/tumblr_mkvt0s9_Gv_U1robsa3o1_500.jpg

Could you post your new config so that i could also use the attachments pack with the l85a2...

If Kiory doesn't mind I'll post the .pbo for you. Not my mod so I would like to have permission first.

Im sure he would'nt mind, as he left the files open for others to learn from. He's live on twitch at the moment if you still need to ask him.

A L123A2 UGL and FHQ compatibility would be awesome. A raised sight offset for the ACOG would be immense.

Amazing work, thanks!

No sound when firing. Getting a sound file error when you take the weapon.

Since last patch?