Sign in to follow this  
cyclone83

AI boarding multiple vehicles?

Hi guys,

I'm stuck on this for many days now and all research did't lead me to what I am searching for.

The mission scenario:

An AI group with player lead by an AI unit starts at the mission beginning in a vehicles cargo via the common "unit moveInCargo vehicle" line. As I want the player to sit in the drivers cabin I gave every unit a specific seat with the "unit assignAsCargo [vehicle, 3]" line. By thinking it over I maybe should change the moveInCargo line to: {x_ moveInCargo vehicle} forEach units groupname?

Now as we get droped out at the MTVR's "unload transport" WP we're supposed to board another vehicle (a Dingo2A2). I want the player to get in as driver but I cannot manage to get it done. "Get in" WP doesn't do the trick, moveInCargo etc. neither works :(

Has anyone a solution or suggestion for this, possibly without heavy scripting formulas?

Edited by Cyclone83

I think if memory serves you need move them out of the vehicle using something like this

{ unassignVehicle _x;
_x leaveVehicle car_name;
   moveOut _x; 
_x moveincargo new_car_name;
} foreach units group player -[player];
unassignVehicle player;
moveOut player;
player moveindriver new_car_name;

I think you only need the leavevehicle or moveout command but it shouldn't do any harm to leave them all in.

Hm, looks good so far. Unfortunately there're a few other WP's between getting unload by the 1st vehicle and boarding the 2nd one. Your example looks like getting boarded directly after leaving the 1st vehicle?

Just split it

// out
{ unassignVehicle _x;
   _x leaveVehicle car_name;
      moveOut _x; 
} foreach units group player

//in
{ _x moveincargo new_car_name;
} foreach units group player -[player];
player moveindriver new_car_name;

Thanks mate ;)

Sadly those lines didn't solve it neither :( But i could manage it with a little work around:

First of all I had to rename the AI group leader. He wouldn't get in the first vehicle - cause he got the same name as the group itself :p It neither worked by renaming him to "a0". After renaming him to "a7" it worked :)

As to the assign stuff: I created an "out.sqf" and "in.sqf" which are fired by "player in thislist".

It looks like:

a1 unassignvehicle MTVR;

a2 unassignvehicle MTVR;

etc.

and right befor the "Get in" WP the "in.sqf" is beeing called with the lines:

a1 assignasdriver Dingo2A2;

a2 assignasgunner Dingo2A2;

a3 assignascargo Dingo2A2;

a7 assignascargo Dingo2A2;

This works great now. If I put those lines simply in the "on activation" field of a trigger it won't work for some strange reason :/

Anyway, Thanks! Problem solved ;)

Edited by Cyclone83