Sign in to follow this  
Jynx

Helo Config help

hi i was looking at a post by someone in which they had various animations for the mh-9. such as removing the bench seats and back seats. however i do not see anyway to actually get your passengers to fill the back seats. the best i have gotten was 8 troops in the mh-9 but the ones in the back seat where not visable.

i noticed in the config they had this listed for the mh9_base_f class

memoryPointsGetInCargoPrecise[] = {"GetIn_Cargo","GetIn_Cargo2"};

and on the b_mh9_f class they had

memoryPointsGetInCargoPrecise[] = {"GetIn_Cargo3","GetIn_Cargo4","GetIn_Cargo5","GetIn_Cargo6"};

i made a config and combined them to get

memoryPointsGetInCargoPrecise[] = {"GetIn_Cargo","GetIn_Cargo2","GetIn_Cargo3","GetIn_Cargo4","GetIn_Cargo5","GetIn_Cargo6"};

which gave me 8 seats, however like i said the people in the rear seats are invisable.

stock mh9_base_f config snippit

class MH9_Base_F: Helicopter_Base_H
{
	_generalMacro = "MH9_Base_F";
	displayName = "$STR_A3_CfgVehicles_MH9_Base0";
	model = "\A3\Air_f\MH9\MH9_F.p3d";
	picture = "A3\Air_F\MH9\Data\UI\mh9_ca.paa";
	icon = "\A3\Air_f\MH9\Data\UI\icons\heli_light02_CA.paa";
	accuracy = 0.5;
	nameSound = "veh_helicopter";
	class MFD{};
	maxSpeed = 235;
	fuelCapacity = 242;
	fuelConsumptionRate = 0.0368;
	preciseGetInOut = 0;
	cargoPreciseGetInOut[] = {0};
	driverAction = "Chopperlight_L_Static_H";
	getInAction = "ChopperLight_L_In_H";
	getOutAction = "ChopperLight_L_Out_H";
	memoryPointsGetInCargo[] = {"pos Cargo R","pos Cargo L","pos Cargo L","pos Cargo R"};
	memoryPointsGetInCargoDir[] = {"pos Cargo dir R","pos Cargo dir L","pos Cargo dir L","pos Cargo dir R"};
	usePreciseGetInAction = 0;
	memoryPointsGetInDriverPrecise = "GetIn_Pilot";
	memoryPointsGetInCargoPrecise[] = {"GetIn_Cargo","GetIn_Cargo2"};
	cargoGetInAction[] = {"GetInLow","GetInLow"};
	cargoGetOutAction[] = {"GetInLow","GetInLow"};
	typicalCargo[] = {"B_HeliPilot_F"};
	cargoAction[] = {"ChopperLight_C_R_static_H","ChopperLight_C_L_static_H"};
	transportSoldier = 1;
	transportMaxMagazines = 10;

stock B_mh9_f snippet

class B_MH9_F: MH9_Base_F
{
	_generalMacro = "B_MH9_F";
	scope = 2;
	accuracy = 1;
	icon = "\A3\Air_f\MH9\Data\UI\icons\heli_light01_CA.paa";
	picture = "A3\Air_F\MH9\Data\UI\mh9_ca.paa";
	side = 1;
	faction = "BLU_F";
	crew = "B_Helipilot_F";
	class Armory
	{
		description = "$str_a3_cfgvehicles_b_ah9_armory0";
	};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"A3\Air_f\MH9\Data\Heli_light01_ext_Blufor_co.paa"};
	transportSoldier = 4;
	cargoProxyIndexes[] = {1,2,3,4};
	ejectDeadCargo = 1;
	cargoPreciseGetInOut[] = {1};
	cargoGetInAction[] = {"bench_mh9_get_in"};
	cargoGetOutAction[] = {"bench_mh9_get_out"};
	cargoAction[] = {"ChopperLight_CB_static_H"};
	memoryPointsGetInCargoPrecise[] = {"GetIn_Cargo3","GetIn_Cargo4","GetIn_Cargo5","GetIn_Cargo6"};

and my attempt at the config

class MH9_jynx: MH9_Base_F
{
scope = 2;
side = 1;
faction = "BLU_F";
crew = "B_Helipilot_F";
transportSoldier = 6;
ejectDeadCargo = 1;
 hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Air_F\Mh9\Data\Heli_light01_ext_ion_co.paa"};
 memoryPointsGetInCargoPrecise[] = {"GetIn_Cargo","GetIn_Cargo2","GetIn_Cargo3","GetIn_Cargo4","GetIn_Cargo5","GetIn_Cargo6"};

any ideas on what i am doing wrong or if it is simply a bug in the model?

thanks for ya help ahead of time.

also they fill into the helo first on the benches and then into the back seat and i was wondering if there was a way to change the order.

Im not sure how much you know about the actual 3d editing part of mod making so if I am insulting your intelligence i do apologize. ANYWAY, in the 3d model for every vehicle there are pieces called proxies. what these do is allow you to make one model and then use it in multiple others. for instance, if I make a model of a person sitting i can then call it "personsitting" and use a proxy in a model of a chair called "proxy\filepath\personsitting" so I wont have to draw out the whole model again.

so in the the MH9 there are proxies for every cargo slot, including the back seats, which allows the game to know where to put the player when they get in that slot. There are also several LODS (levels of detail) that make up a model, some of which are view LODs. these define what can be seen of the model from certain perspectives such as cargo, pilot, gunner,etc. which is why you can see your character sitting when YOU are the player in the back seat.

so long explanation to get to this point, but BI probably forgot to add the 2 back seat proxies to the 0.000 LOD, which is the LOD you see when youre standing outside the chopper. this would cause the game to think they are hidden behind a door or wall or something and therefore does not render them. so I dont think theres anything you can do from a cfg standpoint unfortunately