Sign in to follow this  
das attorney

Jump MF - basic mod to unlock vaulting animation

Overview:

Jump MF is a basic clientside mod to unlock the currently superflous vaulting animation in Arma 3 Alpha.

Video - thanks very much to Feint :)

Dependancies:

CBA A3

Arma 3 (shouldn't matter if stable or dev build.

Use:

When you walk and press the stepover key (default is V) you will play the step over animation as usual. If you jog or sprint, you will vault instead.

Note: The code may not work if you have rebound the stepover key to include a modifier (CTRL, SHIFT or ALT). Also might not function if you have rebound the key to something like 2 x V or 2 x E (multiples). Maybe I will include a userconfig later on.

Should be safe in MP, although not tested. Report any problems here. Server Key and v2 sigs in download.

CBA team for their awesome mod.

BIS for their awesome games.

Changelog

v0.3 Changelog 05/04/2013:

[CHANGED] - You can only activate the jumping anim if you are equipped with a rifle

[NEW] - Custom fatigue system - thank you Bad Benson! :)

[NEW] - Custom momentum system when jumping

[CHANGED] - You can no longer jump when in tactical pace

v0.2 ChangeLog 03/04/2013:

[NEW] - Animation now broadcasts as a cba global event over network

[CHANGED] - Anim now switchMove instead of playMove/playMoveNow for faster response

[NEW] - 1.7 second timer to stop spamming of button

[CHANGED] - You can only vault from a standing stance (not from crouched)

v0.1 Changelog 02/04/2013:

[NEW] - Release

Download:

dropbox-logo_zps402a8162.png

armaholic_download_zps2d6eb67a.png

Enjoy and please leave feedback here. Thanks

Edited by Das Attorney

Nice one. I must put a link in the jump discussion :)

Smookie's comment ftw lol. And agreed. I could of sworn I saw this in a Dayz Dev video. Was dissapointed it wasn't in game. And as hoped it is just hidden for now. =)

Any chance you could please make it server side so we can see eachother jump? I know alot of people would really appreciate a jumping mod that works in multiplayer.

I tried another client jumping script, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152227-Using-Arigatos-Jumper-Script-for-Multiplayer

but we were not able to see eachother jump.

Edited by CyberpunkDev

Have you tried this online then? I haven't so I don't know if it works or not.

Very nice, will definitely test ASAP!

Yay!

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

This doesn't seem to work for me... Could it be a latest Developmente Build issue?

Yay!

Awesome mod, you only need to fix 2 things:

- There is a lot of delay sometime, like 2-3 seconds, between pressing V and the actual jump.

- While in Tactical Pace the climb animation should be the default one, not the jump.

Other than that, good job.

this is cool. one suggestion is to keep the running pace and not add a sprint - otherwise the guy always dashes into the wall first before trying to jump it.

thanks for unlocking it. damn i reckon arma3 is going to surpirse us in quite a few interesting ways still.

I like it :) It'll come in handy

A combat roll would be exellent as well, if possible.

Here we go! Might be quite useful to have other than vault. Nice animation! :cool:

New version:

v0.2 ChangeLog:

[NEW] - Animation now broadcasts as a cba global event over network

[CHANGED] - Anim now switchMove instead of playMove/playMoveNow for faster response - no jump delay

[NEW] - 1.7 second timer to stop spamming of button

[CHANGED] - You can only vault from a standing stance (not from crouched)

Download updated on first post.

Thanks to Smookie for anim and Foxhound for the mirror.

- While in Tactical Pace the climb animation should be the default one, not the jump.

Interesting thought - What do others think of this?

Maybe a slower and not as high jump, more a less a short hop if in tactical?

No can do, unless someone makes some custom anims. This is just to unlock an anim in the game that wasn't put in the controls so you can have a play with it.

Ah ok well if that's the case then when in tactical I'd prefer the regular vault.

How does it affect fatique?

This. And does the weight of your equipment affect how fast/high you jump? There should be a penalty for having a heavy/bulky loadout. Or will this need to be ACE-ed in?

This. And does the weight of your equipment affect how fast/high you jump? There should be a penalty for having a heavy/bulky loadout. Or will this need to be ACE-ed in?

To be honest guys, I have no idea about the new fatigue system and it's workings. I can tell you that I ran about while jumping and you do tire quicker than running the same distance, but as to whether there's enough of an effect or not on stamina is not something I would know about. I looked at all the new scripting commands and saw that there is getFatigue/setFatigue/load/loadAbs but I didn't want to start messing with them in this until there's enough feedback in the thread to judge how it feels to people currently.

If enough people feels it's too arcadey as it stands, I can change it. I don't really have an agenda with this mod; it's just something I can use to get into Arma 3 scripting/modding so by all means, suggest away.

Also, thanks once again for the new mirror Fox, I haven't really been on the ball recently so apologies for not sending you the usual emails. :)