max power

User Mission Request Thread

Requesting a Multiplayer Invade & Annex (Domination Map)

Map: Altis

Game Type: Invade & Annex

Player Size: 10

Mods: RHS USAF, RHS AFRF, ACE3

Factions: USMC VS Russian

I am currently looking for a map that has a USMC Base with only USMC vehicles and units that are can respawn. This is for a small USMC unit I have. Would like to have a legit base for units.

Hello

I would like to play an extremely realistic campaign with historical setting and no more futuristic campaigns.

I mean something like Operation Urgent Fury or Corea war or Panama invasion or Bosnian War.

Thanks and good luck !

I have a Navy Seal mission I am currently working on that will probably turn into a campaign of some sort. However, I will need five more willing volunteers to try it out to see what they think, mainly due to the fact that it isint as fluid with having to control ai, and to even see if this will be something that people will enjoy and downlaod. If you are interested, add me on steam: Ramoooooooooose, send me a message and ill let you know what part im currently working on and when its all done to try out. It will probaly be about within the next week or so. Your help would be geatly appreciated. I will also take some ideas (If I think they fit).

Are there any Domination or Capture the Island type missions that use the recent RHS mod? I would absolutely love this.

Today I spotted this on Steam's Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847493579

So it got me wondering, has anyone released a fire-fighting mission for land, sea or air vehicules?

Because I'd like my young boys (6 & 8) to enjoy something a little less blood-thirsty than most Arma missions (kill & destroy).

BTW they loved this one

19 hours ago, domokun said:

Today I spotted this on Steam's Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847493579

So it got me wondering, has anyone released a fire-fighting mission for land, sea or air vehicules?

Because I'd like my young boys (6 & 8) to enjoy something a little less blood-thirsty than most Arma missions (kill & destroy).

BTW they loved this one

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26967

Awesome. That sounds like jus the ticket.

I'll download and check it out later this week.

I am making a mission in which you need to capture zones. how do i make the game end when all zones are captured? (using the 3den enhanced editor)

Does anyone know of a map like this:

?

I'm looking for a single-player map with respawning AI enemies and preferably multiple different AI factions fighting each other. This scenario I linked is basically perfect, but the map / area is getting a bit old after hours of play time. Anything on other maps or areas?

New to the forums, can't wait to see what I can learn here to improve my mission making.

Have there been any skirmish missions (called scouting in the actual single player campaign) made?

I really enjoy slower paced missions with simple objectives and individual freedom but it feels like the dynamic missions are a little TOO dynamic.

I'd really like to play a mission...maybe say using ALIVE to simulate a battle between NATO and AAF/CSAT but where I play as FIA and have to follow certain rules of war such as:

All captured/recovered NATO equipment/vehicles must be returned to NATO.

All captured/recovered AAF equipment/vehicles can be procured for personal use.

All captured/recovered CSAT vehicles must be destroyed on site to avoid confusion.

This, coupled with your own camp/team that you could move around the map would be absolutely awesome.

Not sure this is correct thread, sorry. Admin please move elsewhere if that is the case, thx:

As a mission maker, how do I find balance between fighting factions?
I have Opfor going against Bluefor, attacking a Comms station (about ( 8 bluefor inside building and another 6 outside)with a guard station in bunker lookout (2 men) and a garrison of two men at the gate before the entrance to the station.

Opfor is a 8 member team (player is opfor)
Neither side using NVG (night mission) or using Silencers.

No armor, no air defense/attack and no sea defense/attack.

Should the enemy always out number the player?
This is the most difficult part. Not to underman or overman a mission for the player.

Any ideas?

Thx!

On 2/4/2017 at 4:25 PM, Mordacai said:

Not sure this is correct thread, sorry. Admin please move elsewhere if that is the case, thx:

As a mission maker, how do I find balance between fighting factions?
I have Opfor going against Bluefor, attacking a Comms station (about ( 8 bluefor inside building and another 6 outside)with a guard station in bunker lookout (2 men) and a garrison of two men at the gate before the entrance to the station.

Opfor is a 8 member team (player is opfor)
Neither side using NVG (night mission) or using Silencers.

No armor, no air defense/attack and no sea defense/attack.

Should the enemy always out number the player?
This is the most difficult part. Not to underman or overman a mission for the player.

Any ideas?

Thx!

Not experienced and I don't even think it's the right thread, but I think the AI should always outnumber the player simply because AI is dumb and one player can take out many AI alone.

Just look at single player campaign missions, some times you're alone fighting against multiple AI controlled EI and you easily manage.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 1:26 PM, iVVChewy9141VVi said:

Requesting a Multiplayer Invade & Annex (Domination Map)

Map: Altis

Game Type: Invade & Annex

Player Size: 10

Mods: RHS USAF, RHS AFRF, ACE3

Factions: USMC VS Russian

I am currently looking for a map that has a USMC Base with only USMC vehicles and units that are can respawn. This is for a small USMC unit I have. Would like to have a legit base for units.

I have a really advanced mission framework and can run this kind of setup.  Also I'm looking for someone with a group who wants to use the mission/server.  If anyone on here has a group and want's customized version of this mission on a server let me know.  The only caveat is that I would like my framework to be used.  As it stands my RHS version focuses on the USMC, Semper Fidelis.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm posting here because I'm not quite sure where this request would fit best.  More looking for general ideas or links pointing in the right direction...

Looking for best ideas in how to implement an exclusively SP "scenario" style, open ended, task based search and rescue situation as "side missions" within this SP scenario that  has the following criteria...

-Search Radius

-Chance of Smoke Popping Near Rescue Party

-Both Soldier and/or Civilian rescue, groups and individuals (this would ideally get randomized to keep things from feeling repetitive)

-Rescue Party could ideally, at times spawn atop roofs in addition to random ground level spawns in various areas

-Rescued party joining group upon nearing them

-Designated Drop-off area to deliver rescued party to which then initiates "task complete"

-After "x" amount of time, This task then repeats itself.

Years of experience in server admin and development, yet now that I've gone almost exclusively single player, creating "scenario" style missions for SP makes me sometimes feel like I've got no experience at all XD

Looking for suggestions or best places to start with this.

I've sat down and begun to write it from the ground up but compared to the relatively simple missions used in the persistent servers I was accustomed to, the task seems.... well, daunting to say the least.  

And I've seen scenarios between Armaholic and Steam workshop that feature a bit of this but the structure after having a looking at pbo (to me anyway) of how it gets initiated and repeated seems much different from what I'm used to.

2 minutes ago, Smitty JagerMan said:

Hello, I'm posting here because I'm not quite sure where this request would fit best.  More looking for general ideas or links pointing in the right direction...

Looking for best ideas in how to implement an exclusively SP "scenario" style, open ended, task based search and rescue situation as "side missions" within this SP scenario that  has the following criteria...

-Search Radius

-Chance of Smoke Popping Near Rescue Party

-Both Soldier and/or Civilian rescue, groups and individuals (this would ideally get randomized to keep things from feeling repetitive)

-Rescue Party could ideally, at times spawn atop roofs in addition to random ground level spawns in various areas

-Rescued party joining group upon nearing them

-Designated Drop-off area to deliver rescued party to which then initiates "task complete"

-After "x" amount of time, This task then repeats itself.

Years of experience in server admin and development, yet now that I've gone almost exclusively single player, creating "scenario" style missions for SP makes me sometimes feel like I've got no experience at all XD

Looking for suggestions or best places to start with this.

I've sat down and begun to write it from the ground up but compared to the relatively simple missions used in the persistent servers I was accustomed to, the task seems.... well, daunting to say the least.  

And I've seen scenarios between Armaholic and Steam workshop that feature a bit of this but the structure after having a looking at pbo (to me anyway) of how it gets initiated and repeated seems much different from what I'm used to.

might be a nice place to start. I know it's MP, but you could check it out anyway. Quick spent a lot of time on it 

21 hours ago, BroBeans. said:

might be a nice place to start. I know it's MP, but you could check it out anyway. Quick spent a lot of time on it 

Ahh yes, I remember that one!  I'll have a look a little more in depth into that one for the time being thanks

Hi All,

Forgive me if this have been posted already. but i was unable to find it here or on reddit/google.

But it would be much appreciated if a team or person could recreate all campaigns from former ARMA/OFP games.

I know of cnotk's cold war crisis campaign and SHJ-Studio Red hammer campaign, but i miss the Resistance campaign from OFP and the campaigns from ARMA 1 and ARMA 2, sorry cant remember their names. but it would be awesome to play them in ARMA 3.

Throwing my vote towards (much needed) Jets DLC scenarios. I'm sure many community members are aware and already working on their Jet missions.

As much as it is easy for me to throw a couple of props in the editor(without scripting knowledge), nicely constructed and scripted missions would be much appreciated.

Never ending sandbox mission with scripted and/or cinematic introduction, using PMC terrains would be perfect.

Trying to encourage mission makers. You never know how much fun other player might have.

The main difference between playing other people missions compared to my own is not knowing what will happen next.

Hello guys,

I'm looking for dynamic coop missions (look's like Dynamic Recon\Combat Ops) compatible with RHS, TFAR and ACE3.

Thanks.

I'm looking for cooperative defense missions for 6-12 players that don't require mods. Anything where you're defending camps, compounds, villages, broken down convoys etc. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

On 09/07/2017 at 9:17 PM, spirit_jat said:

Hello guys,

I'm looking for dynamic coop missions (look's like Dynamic Recon\Combat Ops) compatible with RHS, TFAR and ACE3.

Thanks.

Hello,

You should take a look to this MilSim mission: Hearts and Minds

Best regards.

• Like 1

i would like to get a working copy of invade and annex apex edition mission file by Quiksilver ..... it seems to be the best MilSim i have played.     the public is missing out on this great mission that is only run on one server.   if you havent played it you should because it is what most are asking for.   this :::

"Fiddling around today in the preview I came across an Invade and Annex mission on Tanoa with a good ping. What the heck, I'll join.  Wow!.  Most interesting update to I&A that I have never seen so it must be fresh off the presses for Apex.  Play for a bit, go to steam cache to check things out, find the mission and load it up.  No joy, doesnt work.  Ok, maybe it's dedicated only.  Fire up the spare box and host it on a dedicated.  Still doesn't work.

Are there mission formats that makers can use now that make missions vulture proof?  I'd love to host this one up for a smaller group as servers with 50+ people can get messy, uncoordinated and toxic when the trolls come out to play.  Doesn't seem that I can, though.  Perhaps some mission pro here can either explain what it takes to host up this game or if it is indeed a protected mission that I cannot do anything with except join the server it is "officially" hosted on.

Note: it appears to be a new version of I&A for Tanoa by Quiksilver.  Not a modded version but something entirely new.  Mission PBO is very strange.  Has a description.ext and a mission.sqf but no init.sqf or the other files typically in a mission root.

​Note 2: Quiksilver himself confirmed that the mission is server locked for the moment  so this thread is dead.  Looking forward to playing Tanoa with Invade and Annex and many more."

::: was a year or so ago but still no complete mission files.  hope to see it available  soon so more people can enjoy this game played as a mil-sim should be  

• Like 1

On 10/06/2017 at 0:02 PM, venthorror said:

Throwing my vote towards (much needed) Jets DLC scenarios. I'm sure many community members are aware and already working on their Jet missions.

As much as it is easy for me to throw a couple of props in the editor(without scripting knowledge), nicely constructed and scripted missions would be much appreciated.

Never ending sandbox mission with scripted and/or cinematic introduction, using PMC terrains would be perfect.

Trying to encourage mission makers. You never know how much fun other player might have.

The main difference between playing other people missions compared to my own is not knowing what will happen next.

Problem is with jets/planes mission, there are very few objectives to make.

It is very hard to be really original.

- CAP

- CAS

- S&D

and that's all

• Like 1

I am trying to find a border protection mission to play with my buddies. 

There used to be one for ArmA 2 (can't find it anymore :-() but basically all you did was protect the border from AI's, you'd stop cars check the trunk, frisk the occupants, etc. Once in a while there'd be an attack on the border line, and sometimes there would be bombs in a car.

I found this one: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/192072-alive-coop-20-border-patrol/ but it doesn't seem to work at all, the mission wont load MP or SP.

Thanks in advanced!