max power

User Mission Request Thread

Had a pretty good idea for a mission based on current events, but alas I lack the skills and time to learn how to make a mission of this scale. I thought the idea was good enough to post here... I really hope someone makes it a reality. If you do, PM me so I can follow the development.

Anywho, it's based on the MH17 crash in eastern Ukraine. Basically NATO is dropped at night to recover the two black boxes from Pro-Russian separatists. Intel suggests the separatists are planning to move the first box to the border for transport to Russia and it's your job to intercept the convoy and recover the first black box. Simply and ambush the convoy type task under the cover of darkness. Upon destroying the convoy you learn that, among the company of the separatists are american private military contractors. This sparks questions from NATO command and they tell you to investigate the convoy further. You eventually find the bag of one of the downed passengers. The next "step" of the mission is to deliver the black-box and bag to a very small NATO staging area. From there you drop off the equipment, and exchange it for separatist gear and clothing. NATO informs you that the next task is to infiltrate the physical crash site. NATO informs you that media and civilians are still on site so it can't look like NATO is involved since it would escalate the russian/ukraine conflict. So the task is a more complex area secure, any civilian casualty will result in mission failure. Once the site is secured you are tasked with recovering the second black box, returning it to the NATO stating area and grabbing your old equipment. Your final task is to destroy the BUK launchers that shot down the plane. Again on-site are american private-military contractors but you also stumble upon intel which suggests the motives of the contractors.

The after action report suggests that the bag recovered was from a prominent aids researcher and the military contractors were hired by a large pharmaceutical company in the states. This leads NATO into deeper investigations into the company which is not alleged to have staged the MH17 crash to make it look like a ukraine/russian conflict, but instead it was an assassination on an AIDS researcher who was going to present his monumental findings to the conference in Australia.

This would lead to a second mission in the series where NATO now has to infiltrate the pharmaceutical company's headquarters. I haven't thought that one out yet. But the first mission sounds cool. Just a thought.

Edit: I should note that this isn't some elaborate conspiracy theory. Just a story.

I've been looking for a specific SP mission, or more preferably a campaign, for a while now but haven't been able to find it.

I don't really like the whole commanding a squad system, having to press all the different function keys. So I want a solo campaign about an undercover U.S. Seal looking for a group of terrorists including multiple most wanted. It should be as realistic as possible, using several mods ranging from uniform mods to weapons. Make it so that when you are investigating a certain area, you won't be carrying a weapon, and when you are you must have it holstered. So you would have to carry a pistol. At the end of the mission when you track down the group, find their hideout, and establish when they are there and when they aren't, you make your move. You assault the compound being as discreet or obvious as you want.

If anyone actually looks at this, and thinks that they can and would like to do it, please message me and I will come up with more details.

I don't really like the whole commanding a squad system, having to press all the different function keys. So I want a solo campaign about an undercover U.S. Seal looking for a group of terrorists including multiple most wanted. It should be as realistic as possible, using several mods ranging from uniform mods to weapons. Make it so that when you are investigating a certain area, you won't be carrying a weapon, and when you are you must have it holstered.

While you are waiting for someone to do your mission, have you checked out Pilgrimage by Rydygier. Although the mission is to search for his brother's body, there are strongholds to seek out and assault if you want. Weapons are accumulated by finding loot or from killing enemies. He has also produced an incognito mod which allows the player to walj around as long as he appears unarmed and doesn't get too close to the enemy. No mods are required to play the mission, but if you have weapon mods installed, you may find them in the loot boxes.

If you use the incognito mod, it is recommended to use TPWMODS as well so that you have civilian vehicles to use. I tried it out yesterday and it worked well, although equipping yourself, finding the strongholds and assaulting them will take some time as you only start out with an smg. You have the choice to take a single AI with you at the start if you want.

While you are waiting for someone to do your mission, have you checked out Pilgrimage by Rydygier. Although the mission is to search for his brother's body, there are strongholds to seek out and assault if you want. Weapons are accumulated by finding loot or from killing enemies. He has also produced an incognito mod which allows the player to walj around as long as he appears unarmed and doesn't get too close to the enemy. No mods are required to play the mission, but if you have weapon mods installed, you may find them in the loot boxes.

I've tried it, and it was a great mission. Just not my style unfortunately :/

Hello companions of the Arma series,

Just wondering, i always played warfare on Arma 2,

wanted to try that on Arma 3 to, but with no succes because there is no such thing.

Been searching and eventualy found Benny's edition of warfare, but the problem is, this only works for Altis and Stratis,

i am wondering, is there a way to make it work on Chernarus or Takistan to, is there a way to use modded units with it and is there a way to adapt the amount of squads etc.

Like is there a way to edit the mission to use it in other maps or something.

Hoping for a awnser

BG

Revichev

[sorry for cross-posting, I've just realised my post belongs here and not in the addon request thread]

Hi guys,

It's not really a request, it's actually something I'm working on but I'm afraid my limited scritping capabilities will make this impossible to complete.

So I'll just throw this here.

It's a multiplayer mission.

Main idea : 2 armies spawn on 2 separate airfields, they have to rebuild it with the help of civilians to gain access to new assets and take control of the map.

4 sides :

BLUFOR, OPFOR, UN, Civilian.

Goals :

BLUFOR/OPFOR

-Rebuild the airfield

-Take control of the map

Civilian

-Do your job to pay the rent

UN

-Protect everyone regardless of its side

As Blufor or Opfor you start with very limited ressources as you're supposed to have been paradropped over your airfield.

You need to make contact with civilians and get them to help you rebuild your base.

Once the airfield has been rebuilt you can be supplied with various assets : IFV, MBT, Artillery, Helos, Airplanes,...

The access of these assets depends on your reputation. Kill civilians or UN and your reputation will go down, kill enemies and it will go up (not proportionaly)

That means if you kill too many civilians you wont have access to airplanes, kill even more and here goes helo's and arty, etc.

Each civilian has an "identy"

You'll spawn into a character with an "established" life : Fisherman, lumberjack, mechanics, concrete worker, Touristic helicopter pilot, medic,metal worker, taxi/delivery driver etc

Everybody will own a house will have to pay a rent(ingame, not IRL !)

You're free to work with any side you want but the idea is that only a few jobs, the most boring (lumberjack, concrete worker, metal worker, fisherman) can "generate" money by selling the collected item.

You may look good sitting in your chopper with your sunglasses but if nobody wants a ride you ain't gettin' any money ! And there's the rent to pay, and the fuel, and the tax for the heliport.

So the entire civilian economy relies on the boring jobs and the collaboration with the armies that are trying to rule over the map.

UN will start with all the goodies but each death will decrease their arsenal.

They'll have the opportunity to gain it back by accomplishing different task for the civilians.

I need to figure out if it's possible to create a "legit self defense" script that would sort out between agressive fire and defensive fire.

So that's the basic idea. I know it needs to be bended to fits ArmA.

I'm still working on it but if anyone feel inspired, go ahead !

I'd love to take part in ongoing battle of Kobani. Is any of our talented missionmakers working on something like this? :)

Any good PVP and/or coop insurgency missions for A3? I've done some digging on Armaholic but can't find a good mission. Looking for the same style as the popular A2 mission where you kill/play as insurgents, gather Intel, then find and destroy objectives.

My friends and I had so much fun playing in a team against another insurgent friend who was countering our efforts.

im new to arma3, could someone please point me toward good dynamic / persistent campaigns or missions.

id like to play sort of campaign like Resistance from OFP. (guerilla warfare, scavanging equipment, hit&run attacks on dynamically spawning enemy throughout the map.

Discovered the ALiVE mod, but cant seem to find any already made campaigs for that mod.

thanx

Where can I find a good set of missions or say multiple mini-missions as a chopper pilot?

2 missions ITOS/NTBS (each one different side)

ITOS (Iran Take On Stratis) codename REDwind

Overcast : Raining

Time : Night (nearly dawn) then dawn.

Part 1a : Secure the Radar aka The white all seeing eye

- 3 spec ops squad dedicated early objective while most players offshore wait green light for the main battle (part 1b) -

This should be a pretty quick objective to accomplish, failure shouldn't get players a game over but an hardest part 1b for the invasion

Plot :

Divers' insertion at Limary Bay with diver's equipment (silenced gun)

Some patrol around caban/forest on the way to the station which should be guarded with people outside and inside buildings.

Part 1b : The Beach Assault aka Holiday Bitch (night/dawn operation)

- The others players waiting offshore on some structure. Big boat if possible. Maybe some divers with a mini-sub (the BIS one) to assault the military base from the port.

Plot :

Invasion by air/sea (with one or two armored with the new logistics module) to secure the main military base and the town nearby (Agia)

The spec ops squad (if alive) should be busy with another task - kill a ranking officer in camp maxwell, this one will try to escape by air if any spec ops player is spotted near maxwell.

Then they could proceed to support the main assault if needed.

- - - - - - - - - -

NTBS (NATO Take Back Stratis) codename BLUsky

Overcast : Clear shiny moon

Time : Midnight (00h00)

- Paradrop of a platoon with random insertion because of Iran AA defense, this should enforce player to organize themselves.

- Having a small camp build somewhere for injured/resupply, like a small base hidden near a forest/valley ?

- Multiple objectives to achieve with random patrol between them to force player being careful even when not in the objective's AO

~Primary Objectives

° Take back Stratis Air Base & Agia Marina

° Secure Girna and protect Civilians.

° Take Back Air Station Mike-26 which has become a light air base (radar structure should be destroyed like if part1a was successful)

~Secondary objectives

° Destroy the Ammunition Storage outside Agia Marina (north of it)

° Capture Camp Maxwell which has become a light base with an attack chopper

° Destroy mortars platoon based in Camp Tempest (which should help the OPFOR if players got spotted near a base/town)

° Find the paradropped support crates around the different drop zone for additional equipment (AT, optics/scopes, mine detector, grenades, smokes, ammunitions, medkit, first aid..)

The Hunt.

Civilians hunting animals with basic hunter guns (no scope)

Rabbit = Soldier Kill

Deer = Armored Kill

Bird = Air Kill

Could someone please recreate this Team Shadow campaign? It's a realistic campaign that focuses on a sniper team. The missions are quite diverse, ranging from target elimination to reconnaisance, counter sniper operations, ordering support and surgical strikes on high value areas. Also features training missions to help prepare you for whats expected in the field. it'd be freaking awesome if we could have this sniper mission in Arma 3 :)

and could you guys suggest me some cool sniper missions? so far the greatest sniper mission i've ever played is "360 Degree Training Course" made by Ruthberg. it's basically a super dynamic outdoor shooting range.

I was looking for some simple pilot missions that would involve troop transports, air support for pinned downed infantry, etc. I have the carrier mod with the missions, as well as, I just downloaded some apache missions from the Steam content yesterday. I like to play online, but also looking for some offline stuff when I cannot spend a lot of time online. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

similar to the above post, i am looking for a mission that takes the "support stratis" mission where you fly in troops and they take objective while you support them, i really hate how my friends cant gun for me etc, we also really want this type of gameplay widened so that there are taskings going on for tank and infantry aswell, i have tried finding the actual mission file but had no luck as yet. does anyone know of any missions people have made that gives this kind of action ie large scale operations where you support or rather take a bit of a back seat role?

similar to the above post, i am looking for a mission that takes the "support stratis" mission where you fly in troops and they take objective while you support them, i really hate how my friends cant gun for me etc, we also really want this type of gameplay widened so that there are taskings going on for tank and infantry aswell, i have tried finding the actual mission file but had no luck as yet. does anyone know of any missions people have made that gives this kind of action ie large scale operations where you support or rather take a bit of a back seat role?

You are looking for a Combined Arms mission. Larger realism units will make those, you could ask them since sadly after the hard work from their mission makers their mission is typically used only once. It will more than likely have their mods and addons though...

A shooting range for Snipers where it shows me, where i hit the target, so i can calibrate the whole thing and get the settings i need.

I was searching and found one shooting range, not available anymore, and another one with just some turn-down targets. pointless for my needs.

So it would need:

compatible with AGM

Range about 500m upwards to 2.500km is possible (airport on Altis? virtual thingy?)

as flat as possible

target can be static, so they don't have to turn down - the hit should show somewhere else? Maybe like that http://armed-assault.de/news/sniper-shooting-range.html so its easy to check everything.

set windage somehow with mouse

PROJECTILE DATA to allow you to know: muzzle projectile speed, final projectile speed, speed loss, range and projectile point of impact for every vehicle/unit

Nice-to-have:

Bullet-cam

Asking myself:

Multiplayer will be a bit pointless when its possible to set windage with mouse or something like that?

Possible to get something like that?

Open World Survival MMO type or regular mission type.

Gameplay takes place on a 70% flooded Altis....Population is split between "Land survivors" and "Sea survivors"

Sea survivors require specific items that can only be found on land....resulting in a dangerous mission to land......where your wetsuit/rebreather is a highly sought after piece of kit for Land survivors.

Land survivors require specific items that can only be found underwater.....but first they need that wetsuit/rebreather.....

It's a precarious situation....and one which could generate great gameplay.....

I am after a MP mission focused on urban infantry fighting taking zones, without having to use mods, anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Edited by bignewy

Hi, I'am looking for a small/medium sized SP mission, which uses High Command. Ideally only with vanilla weapons and units.

I am after a MP mission focused on urban infantry fighting taking zones, without having to use mods, anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

bignewy, Check out BMR Insurgency. Its got what your after and is chalk full of cool features. I've just added an unmoded Stratis version to mission pack that required absolutely no mods. The other versions require terrain mods as a minimum.

Hello, new here. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I can't make a new post so..

I'm fairly new to using the ARMA 3 editor and I've been trying to figure out how to take a user made mission (2SCR Altis Insurgency, can't link yet.) from Altis to different maps. I've kind of hit a wall with it though. I've tried merging the mission then copying all the files in the insurgency mission folder except the mission file to the folder of my created mission. Everything seems to work fine, all the options are working and everything. It just doesn't populate the zones for some reason. I can spawn in and everything fine as well. The zones are supposed to be red when there are enemies and then green after you have cleared them but when I load it on any map besides Altis, they are just grey and have no enemies.

Anyone know how to fix this? I just want this type of insurgency mission on other maps I've downloaded for me and my friend to play over LAN.

Hello fellow players !

I have an request. Someone knows anything about warfare or cti missions for Arma 3 Iron front 1944 ? These are my beloved ones and I can play them for hours.

Another question is, anyone playing A3 Iron Front on multi ? Do You know any servers etc ?

Regards.

Hey all, I have no idea if this is the right place, because its not so much a request, (unless it doesn't exist!), but as a point in the right direction...

before I start though, I've googled as much as I could, and I asked on armaholic, and they just deleted my post... nice of them!

Anyway, does anyone remember the dynamic campaign from the Enemy Engaged series? well if you do, you know what i'm gonna ask! If not, I shall explain... sort of.

I'm looking for either a SP campaign, and/or Co-op MP mission/map, similar to EE's campaign, obvious, not just helicopters, but a full scale invasion (or defence!), where you need to finish your given objectives, to advance and capture places, as well as side missions based on mission failures, recon, CAP, CAS, ect ect. I've played Invade and Annex online, and that's a lot of fun, but you're not really achieving anything, and you can only fail side missions, and after a while you end up going back to the same towns and places, over and over. Nothing wrong with that, its a brilliant game, but I was looking for a bit more. Story isn't required at all... Blue vs Red is all you need really!

It would be good to get dynamic objectives, like if a friendly chopper goes down, the game creates and SAR mission in the area. If large groups of heavy armour are spotted, it will create CAS missions. CAP if enemy air is reported incoming. If you fail at CAP or CAS, and that force is heading to your base, you could lose it. and have to fall back. Convoys, suppression of AA, destroy artillery... ect ect. all dynamically created.

Because of how arma works, i'm guessing you could only have maybe 2 main, and 2 side objectives active at one time, mostly to keep the AI count down, and partly to stop everyone spreading out. Defence missions would be based on if you take out enough of the enemy, if you don't, and they occupy your zone, then you lose it. but then you'd get given a mission to take it back. so on and so forth....

As you advance, (or fall back), you gain, or lose spawn points, and vehicles, ect. and the game should advance in a frontline sort of way, so you cant skip ahead and take a spot deep in enemy territory or anything.

anyway, I've rambled enough. does anything like that exist? if not... can it be done, and be playable?

thanks in advance... unless you ruthlessly delete my post! lol

Also, I know about soaks dynamic whole mission map, and I've played it in arma 2, but I found it slightly aimless, and stupidly hard... lol fly a chopper, shot down...drive a tank, blown up... walk, shot... that and the AI being so useless that my wing of apaches just buzzed around crashing into each other while I tried to take out all the AA by myself (and fail). and/or I usually ended up running out of ammo by the time I got to an objective. lol

Edited by CosmicSpacehead
more info

I Would love to see a Story campaign mission sort of along the lines of the main story line of Arma 3 but with tons of playable character's and edit their gear with zues without issues :D and then just have fun :P