norrin

norrin's ArmA2 scripts ported to ArmA3

Could someone please post the working version of the convoy script, so it re-starts after an attack, have tried the changes but must be doing something wrong. Thanks.

• Like 1

Has anyone had issues with the helo taxi script since 1.48? lots of things "broken" for me now, choppers can't have destination set after getting in now, they just want to RTB :(

Is there a way to make the convoy travel faster than it does? I love the script but it is sometimes way too slow. Someone please help!!

I don't know if you been answered, but here you are, I do not suggest going over Limited unless all your cars are the same with the same gearbox ratios and or wheelbase, 'cause they will start acting goofy and it will get very choppy, but if you have vehicles that run simular you can knock it up to NORMAL np.. Cheers, an hope this helps.

Line 16 convoyMove.sqf

_x setSpeedMode "LIMITED";

I hope I hear back from Norrin, I've been working on a variety of tweaks and updates for my own missions. Convoy's behave much better going through urban areas and should generally cause less of a performance penalty, particularly if something causes an obstruction in confined space like city streets and I think I've gotten rid of all the potential infinite loops that could keep the convoy stuck (like if a driver can't get back in due to pathing problems).

I've also been adding some fun things, like evac:

Yes, and now when the vehicles are destroyed the convoy still continues on,, Great job!

I'm not expecting so much answer because it looks like Norrin seems to be a way.

I'm wondering about the convoy script, what are the changes you made with it when you ported it from Arma 2 ?

Did you bring substantial improvements ?

And then, I really hope community will have some news about you ! Whether it's only to say that you will never be back on this topic

Yes, and now when the vehicles are destroyed the convoy still continues on,, Great job!

is this the latest version? could you post an active link?

Evening all,

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question but is there anyway to delay the start of the convoy? I am running a dedicated MP server and am planning a mission for the group of people i play with - at the moment the convoy will start as soon as i reset the server? (please tell me if this is incorrect) I have also set a trigger so that when the convoy starts to move a Task is created and assigned.  The issue i have is that i want the convoy task to be on completion of the first task (i.e BLUEFOR capture the airport and then the convoy flees so that the OPFOR general can escape)

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

I am working on this script to improve it but I am not sure if I can share it with the rest of the community. Anybody know how to reach Norrin?

I am working on this script to improve it but I am not sure if I can share it with the rest of the community. Anybody know how to reach Norrin?

PM, forum threads, stalk him and get his adress and show up on the third tuesday of the month at night? 

I got permission from him to use his scripts and create my own version (with credit to him).
I wiill publish it when all ready (I think will be next week).

• Like 2

Evening all,

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question but is there anyway to delay the start of the convoy? I am running a dedicated MP server and am planning a mission for the group of people i play with - at the moment the convoy will start as soon as i reset the server? (please tell me if this is incorrect) I have also set a trigger so that when the convoy starts to move a Task is created and assigned.  The issue i have is that i want the convoy task to be on completion of the first task (i.e BLUEFOR capture the airport and then the convoy flees so that the OPFOR general can escape)

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

The convoy start s when you execute it not when server starts. Execute the convoy at the desired point.

Here an example how to spawn convoy and execute its run, with some snipped which will constantly check if any convoy vehicle flew from the road.

If so move it back to the nearest road segment

_convoyArray = [

["convvehpos1","LOP_US_BTR60"],
		["convvehpos2","LOP_US_Ural"],
		["convvehpos3","LOP_US_BM21"],
		["convvehpos4","LOP_US_UAZ_DshKM"]
	];

_convoy = [];

{

_position = (getMarkerPos (_x select 0));
		_direction = (markerDir (_x select 0));
		_vehclass = (_x select 1);
		_veh = ([_position, _direction, _vehclass, EAST] call bis_fnc_spawnvehicle) select 0;
		_convoy pushBack _veh;
		sleep 5;

} forEach _convoyArray;

_convoyRoute = [

"route1",
		"route1_1",
		"route1_2",
		"route1_3",
		"route1_4",
		"route1_5",
		"route1_6",
		"route1_7",
		"route1_8",
		"route1_9",
		"route1_10",
		"route1_11",
		"route1_12",
		"route1_13",
		"route1_14",
		"route1_15",
		"route1_16"

];

waitUntil {sleep 2; (count _convoy) isEqualto 4};

null = [_convoy] spawn {

params ["_vehiclearray"];

while {(["convoy-ambush"] call BIS_fnc_taskState) isEqualTo "ASSIGNED"} do {//any condition for example task state

sleep 10;

_bumped = _vehiclearray select {!isOnRoad _x};

if (count _bumped > 0) then {

{
						if ((_x distance (getMarkerPos "marker_9")) > 100) then {

private _roads = _x nearRoads 20;
							private _roadsSorted = [_roads,[],{_x distance _this},"ASCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;
							private _nearestRoad = _roadsSorted select 0;
							_x setPos (getPos _nearestRoad);

};

} forEach _bumped;

};

};

};

null = [_convoyRoute,_convoy,false] execVM "scripts\convoyDefend\convoyDefend_init.sqf";

@ devastator

thanks for you efforts reviving this,i used to use the revive (and respawn) for my single player from norrons work,untill Arma3 updates made this less compatible.

Is the single player revive working 100% ?

Can AI revive downed teamates?

EDIT: I just read the link,its only for convoy?

I just worked on the convoy script not the others as I need the convoy myself in the mission I am creating at the moment 

Has anyone had issues with the helo taxi script since 1.48? lots of things "broken" for me now, choppers can't have destination set after getting in now, they just want to RTB :(

yes quite a few errors. but it basically works fine. i can get in, select destination and then once it drops groups off it fucks off back to base. weirdest bumpy ride ever though, like a seesaw. and a couple errors keep popping up.

The convoy start s when you execute it not when server starts. Execute the convoy at the desired point.

Here an example how to spawn convoy and execute its run, with some snipped which will constantly check if any convoy vehicle flew from the road.

If so move it back to the nearest road segment

_convoyArray = [

["convvehpos1","LOP_US_BTR60"],
		["convvehpos2","LOP_US_Ural"],
		["convvehpos3","LOP_US_BM21"],
		["convvehpos4","LOP_US_UAZ_DshKM"]
	];

_convoy = [];

{

_position = (getMarkerPos (_x select 0));
		_direction = (markerDir (_x select 0));
		_vehclass = (_x select 1);
		_veh = ([_position, _direction, _vehclass, EAST] call bis_fnc_spawnvehicle) select 0;
		_convoy pushBack _veh;
		sleep 5;

} forEach _convoyArray;

_convoyRoute = [

"route1",
		"route1_1",
		"route1_2",
		"route1_3",
		"route1_4",
		"route1_5",
		"route1_6",
		"route1_7",
		"route1_8",
		"route1_9",
		"route1_10",
		"route1_11",
		"route1_12",
		"route1_13",
		"route1_14",
		"route1_15",
		"route1_16"

];

waitUntil {sleep 2; (count _convoy) isEqualto 4};

null = [_convoy] spawn {

params ["_vehiclearray"];

while {(["convoy-ambush"] call BIS_fnc_taskState) isEqualTo "ASSIGNED"} do {//any condition for example task state

sleep 10;

_bumped = _vehiclearray select {!isOnRoad _x};

if (count _bumped > 0) then {

{
						if ((_x distance (getMarkerPos "marker_9")) > 100) then {

private _roads = _x nearRoads 20;
							private _roadsSorted = [_roads,[],{_x distance _this},"ASCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;
							private _nearestRoad = _roadsSorted select 0;
							_x setPos (getPos _nearestRoad);

};

} forEach _bumped;

};

};

};

null = [_convoyRoute,_convoy,false] execVM "scripts\convoyDefend\convoyDefend_init.sqf";

Many thanks - 1 very stupid question though; how do i actually execute the convoy? is it a server side script command that i execute through the debug console?

apologies but i am very new to Arma 3 mission editing, creating and hosting a MP server - just trying to learn as i go

This is part of code which at its execution spawns convoy of predefined vehicles at predefined  markers and

defines the way which the convoy will fallow.

At the end of this code the norrins script is being executed with gathered data.

Is very similar to the editor way.

I only added the loop for vehicles moving back on road when bumped.

The loop can be removed .

I created it to make sure the convoy arrives the "marker_9" position sun as possible.

Players waiting there for ambush

yes quite a few errors. but it basically works fine. i can get in, select destination and then once it drops groups off it fucks off back to base. weirdest bumpy ride ever though, like a seesaw. and a couple errors keep popping up.

Once it picked you up, it used to let you select a location, as well as an RTB, this was the best Helo pick up script going.

I know this is a long shot, but can the Aerial Taxi (version 0.2) get a look over. the script works now here in 2019, however it pops up a lot of error messages.

It reminds me of the transport script used in TRGM 2 (anyone know what it's called?)

hello, I went back to editing missions after long years of abstinence lol, and I'm not a fan of the latest scripts (like HAS, etc..), Norrin's scropt, was really terrible on A2, unfortunately all the links are now dead, does anyone still have it in stock, Norrin's script ported to A3, thanks in advance

1 hour ago, findo said:

I'm not a fan of the latest scripts (like HAS, etc..)

HAS as in Hermes Airlift services, that the legendary Rydygier and myself created or another HAS i never heard of?

imo HAS has more features and functions then what Norrin's Aerial Taxi had, but to each their own.

Sorry cant help you with former files of norrnins, but welcome back btw :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, findo said:

Norrin's scropt, was really terrible on A2

If so, why would you want to use it in A3?

• Like 4