norrin

norrin's ArmA2 scripts ported to ArmA3

An easy work around on the mobile is to place a respawn point somewhere out by itself, put a trigger around the respawn point set to repeat. Any unit that hits the trigger gets moved to your mobile respawn or inside it,if it is a vehicle. You can also black out the screen so players do not see anything. If you want to black out the screen will probably be easier to make an .sqf.

May not be the prettiest thing but it will work. I have used this set-up before. Hopefully this will help until Norrin has the time to update his scripts.

Thanks for porting your scripts , I used them all through ARMA2.

Has anyone managed to fix the script errors(changed the classnames already) for norrins taxi or can point me in the right direction to repair it myself

thanks for these scripts norrin

If you'll forgive me for day-dreaming a bit in the thread...

I can't help but imagine how cool it would be to have this revive not only updated, but also written to blend in and incorporate the new respawn modules.

The new respawn modules of A3 are pretty neat. You can sync them to triggers for example, and have more respawn locations become available as you clear areas on the map, or accomplish certain tasks, or whatever. (they can even come and go based on trigger conditions)

How cool would it be to not only be able to choose between the respawn options we manually set in the revive_init, but also for it to dynamically include any respawn options that become available throughout the mission via the modules.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Either way the more important gameplay feature for me is this fantastic revive script. It's still the only way I prefer to play Arma.

Tyler1985 - Did you get it working yet? There is a tool available that converts missions from alpha to beta. You could run norrin's demo mission through there, and try again.

Has anyone managed to fix the script errors(changed the classnames already) for norrins taxi or can point me in the right direction to repair it myself

thanks for these scripts norrin

I would also like to see this fixed please. :)

hey norrin. im loving your revive scripts. ive played them on many other custom missions and its brilliant.

however now that ive come to try and use it on one of my own missions ive hit a world of pain. I have downloaded the v05.7 version. copied the mission into my missions folder but i cant run or open it as it errors saying i cant play or edit as it is dependent on downloadable content that has been removed A3_Soft_F_Hunter. so i cont view a set up that does work in order to problem solve my own system.

in my own mission i have copied all needed lines into my description and init.sqf created all markers that are required in my mission. gone through the revive_init.sqf using the readme documentation and filled out all info that i need to to turn on/off the features i want.

my mission is 4 guys independant against opfor i dont need the respawn or the mobile spawn. im purely after the revive mechanics. but as soon as i launch the mission to test it gives me more errors than i can ever write down. all errors are lines within your scripts however and only one i have seen that links back to anything i have edited or touched. nobody else seems to have these issues and im at a loss to why. even if i create a fresh mission and set up the mission/playernames etc to link into the revive_init.sqf it still gives me the same million errors. some of the errors are linked into lines of script to do with loading wounded... so i go and disable the ability to load wounded in the revive_init and retry the mission and it leaves me with another error for another mechanic. i disable that one and it gives me another error with another mechanic.

any suggestions? im ripping my hair out

Anyone know if this still works with present dev build?

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

To answer my own post, yes it does work but I get tons of undefined variable errors and some strange animations.

Hi guys,

I've been away from the forums for some time. All the converted scripts were set-up for the alpha release. Since then there have been heaps of changes to the class names and new ways to define variables etc. that's why you are running into the problems described. I'm still away for the next week or so but once I'm back I'll update everything so that they work with the current release build.

norrin

Best news I've read in a long time. :bounce3:

Thank you very much for informing us!

Hi guys,

I've been away from the forums for some time. All the converted scripts were set-up for the alpha release. Since then there have been heaps of changes to the class names and new ways to define variables etc. that's why you are running into the problems described. I'm still away for the next week or so but once I'm back I'll update everything so that they work with the current release build.

norrin

This is fantastic news. Thanks norrin, our escape missions will be even closer to the originals with this.

Hopefully, I've fixed all the undefined variable errors and a few other bits and pieces to boot so the revive should be compatible with the ArmA3 release.

See the first post for download details. Of course let me know if you run into any probs.

norrin

great norrin, thanks !! will test this later this day... ;)

Edit : this issue is solved

Edited by Phantom

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you very much for the new build norrin!

I seem to be having a problem getting the 1st respawn point to show up as an option when I am waiting to be revived. For example, if i have this;

// RESPAWN OPTIONS
_no_respawn_points 				= 3;
_Base_1 						= "pier"; 
_Base_2 						= "soccer";
_Base_3 						= "Quarry";	
_Base_4 						= "";

I won't see the "pier' point as an option when I am in-game.

I'm using;

today's dev build of A3

0.6 build of revive

SP editor/preview

i've found some more issues...

1. revive_sqf\medic\bandage_teammate.sqf, line 3 -> must be outcomment

2. It's not possible to bandage Teammates, addAction entry is available, animation works but no effect

3. It's generally not possible to bandage yourself

Phantom

edit :

4. revive_sqf\Revive_player.sqf line 143 -> Vehicles/Building in _medVclArray must be ported to A3 (for quick-fix delete all Vehicles/Buildings and fill in this : "B_Truck_01_medical_F" | now u can use the HEMITT Medical)

Edited by Phantom

Thanks for the bug reports, I'll update to the latest dev build on the weekend as I've noticed that there's been several hundred megs of updates since I updated a week or so ago and I'll see if I can track down the problems.

@Phantom - glad to hear you've got the first problem sorted, I must admit due to my time constraints at the moment I didn't check whether the bandage code was working so I'll sort that out over the weekend or early next week. I'll also update the _medVclArray. In future can you please let me know what build and version you're using 'cause the nice people at BIS are making updates faster than I can change the code.

@R.Flagg - Can you please make sure that there are no enemies near _Base_1 or that you have accidentally left the mobile spawn option enabled. If this isn't the problem maybe post your entire revive_init.sqf so I can check whether there are any conflicting entries as this was working fine in my tests or maybe pm me a link to your mission so I can track down the bug.

Once this is sorted I'll start on the Chopper Taxi and the convoy scripts. Thanks again for your bug reports.

Cheers,

norrin

You were right norrin, I had it set up wrong. I did in fact still have the mobile spawn option enabled. Now I understand what I did wrong. My apologies for the false report.

After fixing that, I did get a popup error message concerning undefined variable.

'...r;
if (speed player == 0 && _c == 0 && !|#|NORRN_camo_net && !(surfaceIsWater
(getP...'
Error Undefined variable in expression norrn_camo_net
File ... \revive_sqf\mobile\mobile_spawn.sqf, line 16

BUT, you mentioned you haven't switched over to dev build yet, so if you don't want us posting those yet, that's cool too.

Thanks again sir.

You were right norrin, I had it set up wrong. I did in fact still have the mobile spawn option enabled. Now I understand what I did wrong. My apologies for the false report.

After fixing that, I did get a popup error message concerning undefined variable.

'...r;
if (speed player == 0 && _c == 0 && !|#|NORRN_camo_net && !(surfaceIsWater
(getP...'
Error Undefined variable in expression norrn_camo_net
File ... \revive_sqf\mobile\mobile_spawn.sqf, line 16

BUT, you mentioned you haven't switched over to dev build yet, so if you don't want us posting those yet, that's cool too.

Thanks again sir.

I had a few moments this morning so fixed a few more undefined variables (including the one you mention) and made sure that the bandage action works, by the way dev build bug reports are fine.

Note: bandaging is for stopping bleeding which is an option/feature of these scripts and does not heal damage so the unit you bandage will still be covered in blood.

See first post for download details.

@Foxhound - thanks for the mirror mate.

Hey norrin,

great thing, will check new version asap and report the results... thanks for your bugfixing on 0.60 !! :)

Phantom

Edit : generally it works now, but found little issues...

in RPT

Cannot load sound 'pathotomymission\sound\univ_v24.ogg'

Error in expression <nim	= _array select 1;
_unit switchMove _anim; >
 Error position: <_anim; >
 Error switchmove: Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _anim

Bleeding and bandage not working properly... make several test with 3 teammates, self-bandage have no results to us and bandage teammate just works sometimes... we make some more tests, i report the results !! :)

Edited by Phantom

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The convoy script is now compatible with the current developer build of ArmA3 (1.05111581). This was an easy one to fix - only one undefined variable I could find in the cam script and just needed to update the class names in the mission.

See first post for download details.

@Vegeance1 - hiya mate :)

norrin