Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Thanks, I will try to put that in my SP mission I made on http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152275-Cold-War-Rearmed%C2%B2-Public-Beta&p=2428083&viewfull=1#post2428083

I didn't have the html file in there, I will try that. Also mission folder is located at steam>steamapps>common>a2oa>missions?

Edited by Vobbnobb

Regarding the tanks I understand. The waipoint is no "perfect" spot, just a rough position. Regarding the castle: Isn't it irritating that I am being told to go inside the castel tower and the waypoint is still pointing towards the campfire (AFTER I have spoken to the guy at the campfire)?

But maybe I just shouldn't compare OFPs (or Cold War Crisis respectively) wapoints with those from, say, Skyrim.

Sometimes the waypoints in ArmA are very specific, while other times they're rather general. Try to take the concept of the series being on realism to imply that not every waypoint will be dead on the money in terms of specific points to move to. :P

I can live with that :)

EDIT: I just finished "Defender". I needed SEVERAL attempts because the scripting had severe problems. One time I reached my final destination, every (visible) enemy was dead but still the mission didn't end. The other time 2 soldiers didn't enter the APC and therefore the APC drove to my final destination at minimum speed. Instead of taking the road it drove across the landscape, killing several trees and finally being stopped by one. The last time everything went fine and I could finally finish the fight©

I know ARMA IIs missions aren't entirely scripted and the so called AI can do several things on its own. But isn't there a way of avoiding non completable missions? I did a multiplayer coop mission with my gf yesterday from CWR2. Guess what, the mission wasn't completable because somehow the game reactivated an already completed task (fight the counterattack). Help? Anyone? :D

Edited by Silver83

ok great

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Guys your gonna love this SP mission i just made took me over 20 hours working on it and brought it up to version 3!

AirportBlitz

ab3.jpg

A single player mission for CWR2

DOWNLOAD

http://www.filehostfree.com/?d=51D3293E1

link updated..

Edited by Vobbnobb

I can live with that :)

EDIT: I just finished "Defender". I needed SEVERAL attempts because the scripting had severe problems. One time I reached my final destination, every (visible) enemy was dead but still the mission didn't end. The other time 2 soldiers didn't enter the APC and therefore the APC drove to my final destination at minimum speed. Instead of taking the road it drove across the landscape, killing several trees and finally being stopped by one. The last time everything went fine and I could finally finish the fight©

I know ARMA IIs missions aren't entirely scripted and the so called AI can do several things on its own. But isn't there a way of avoiding non completable missions? I did a multiplayer coop mission with my gf yesterday from CWR2. Guess what, the mission wasn't completable because somehow the game reactivated an already completed task (fight the counterattack). Help? Anyone? :D

The best you can do is insert a cheat to skip the mission, or keep replaying it until it goes correctly.

I know ARMA IIs missions aren't entirely scripted and the so called AI can do several things on its own. But isn't there a way of avoiding non completable missions? I did a multiplayer coop mission with my gf yesterday from CWR2. Guess what, the mission wasn't completable because somehow the game reactivated an already completed task (fight the counterattack). Help? Anyone?

It might be helpful to provide the name of the mission if you wish to get some help.

Regards,

Sander

SP mission: CWR 2 sp 30 - sniper

Task: Clear the road not greened in briefing when we kill all enemy soldiers. Mission ends without problems.

SP mission: CWR 2 sp 30 - sniper

Task: Clear the road not greened in briefing when we kill all enemy soldiers. Mission ends without problems.

Confirmed:

a587d4259204031.jpg

Also true for "Clear Kulmuska" Task in SP 29 "Kill Them All."

e5045e257651663.jpg

One more thing. In many missions players units don't have set setidentity, so we play with ingame nick. It's nothing big and i don't remember how it was set in OFP but sometimes this look little strange for example when we play as Russian's (we have Ivan's etc in squad that use Russian language) and we have teamleader tom3kb ;) with language-English.

Played "lost squad" last night on the CiA dedicated coop server. This was one of my favorite missions in OFP...

Several bugs:

1. The attack on the town doesn't seem to begin until you shoot a russian, who's just sitting carelessly in the town.

2. The Russian attack seems very slow, many units were spotted walking towards us with their weapons lowered.

3. In the OFP version the peak of the mission was an attack by a T-72 tank platoon that penetrates through the woods and through the town's main entrance. That platoon never came. We did, however, destroyed the two T-72 tanks that crested over the south western hill (those two were in the OFP version as well).

4. The La riviere task is too easy, there were only three guys (2 guys by the heli, 1 waiting at the boat). That task I less remember but I don't think it was that easy in the OFP version.

Can we get a complete and easy to read changelog for the campaign? That's the main thing about this that really, really interests me, and I would want to put it off until everything is there. Or at least know what's still work in progress.

The mod is still in beta. When we release version 1, it will no longer be a beta.

Hello.

As I previously mentioned, I'm working on a port of the mission War In takistan to Everon using the CWR2 mod.

The port is almost finished, but with a couple of issues yet.

If someone wants to help testing the port to CWR2 Everon, I can send the file. Please send me a pm.

You only need Arma 2 CO and CWR2 mod.

Known issues:

AA positions not created

Flags not created in defend zone missions

Thanks in advance.

Well, I never got the pm, but I send to you the download link.

Thanks in advance for any comment or feedback.

Hi, not sure if I may be doing something horribly wrong or not, but here goes:

I installed the mod via Play With Six and installed the mission packs provided on the first page of this thread, which I assume are the most up to date versions.

On some of the Co-Op MP missions (War Cry is one of them) I get an error message stating that entity CWR2_bradley is missing and the mission fails to host or load.

Am I doing something wrong? All other missions, including those on Canard and Drachenfel work fine.

It sounds like playwithsix doesn't have the most up to date version. If you use one of the links on the first page, such as arma.fr's, that should work.

Hi Max

Should be something of mine of your FTP from a while ago I donated just a heads up if Wolle forgot to mention it before he moved on.

Cheers.

Hello Max.

1. In every tank i played in campaign, when gunner turns turret, also commangers sight is turned. This is very annoying and commander operations (reveal targets, point targets etc) in close to mid range combat are very difficult.

2. Something wrong is with BMP. As always my complains are conected with high difficulty level of the game.

Every other units are sometimes hard on this level, but BMP is specific. This unit act against infrantry like a devil. It can detect and chase specop in the middle of dark night from 300 meters when specop lies in the bushes.

This is totally weird. I observed this behaviour in every sneaked SP mission and campaign where BMP was present and alarm was activated.

Can you explain me how it works? I saw this kind of devil chase only in CWR. In A:OA armoured are hard but not so aware.

Capmaign issues (veteran):

1. Recon:

- boat which came to extraction point has turned on all position lights. Is it proper? This is evac point on enemy teritory... After i came on board, lights are turned off.

2. Wake up call:

- after sneaked out from the base where first shilka is located i join with my team which recieved earlier command to stay about 300 meters north of this base. Now something strange happen.

When i give them order "return to formation" (i am next of them), after about 10 sec. tank in base activates and usually attacks my position. This is reproducable.

- i see only one way of passing this mission with satchels: put them and set timers on each of them. Any try of manual detonation ends with chasing by BMP-deamon - sometimes it takes him couple of minutes but he always track me somehow.

I suppose that LAW acts like big flare and i even didnt tried.

- i've met a situation when after death and load from beginning i recieved immediately message that first shilka is toasted

- when i killed patrol at the very beginning, every time it activates alarm. Anywhere this patrol is killed. Usually after 20 sec. armoured arrive.

Edited by kromka

With regard to lights being on it is usually better to use the safe or careless behaviour setting for vehicles that are supposed to move to a certain location, as it may take significantly longer for them to arrive should they be set to stealth or combat mode. At night this will involve AI crew turning on all lights on the vehicle. To avoid the boat being lit up like a Christmas tree, both by itself and the opposing forces, one could deliberately damage the lights to achieve a more reliable approach provided by the safe setting without the atmosphere breaking lights advertising its presence.

Regards,

Sander

Hello Max.

1. In every tank i played in campaign, when gunner turns turret, also commangers sight is turned. This is very annoying and commander operations (reveal targets, point targets etc) in close to mid range combat are very difficult.

Tanks that don't have stabilized commander cupolas, don't have them in cwr2. I understand your frustration since the AI likes to twitch around so much, which is really highly unrealistic. A way to ameliorate the twitchiness is to use the command menu to get the gunner to focus on a target to to tell the gunner to watch a certain direction.

2. Something wrong is with BMP. As always my complains are conected with high difficulty level of the game.

Every other units are sometimes hard on this level, but BMP is specific. This unit act against infrantry like a devil. It can detect and chase specop in the middle of dark night from 300 meters when specop lies in the bushes.

This is totally weird. I observed this behaviour in every sneaked SP mission and campaign where BMP was present and alarm was activated.

Can you explain me how it works? I saw this kind of devil chase only in CWR. In A:OA armoured are hard but not so aware.

AFAIK, the awareness values of the bmp 1 are the same as the bmp 2 in the vanilla game, except our vehicles can't 'hear' like they can in arma 2. It is possible your positions are being reported by other observers and being sent to the tank. This is something that happens in the vanilla game, but the engagements in CWC and Res are much tighter than they were in the new games.

Edited by Max Power

Tanks that don't have stabilized commander cupolas, don't have them in cwr2. I understand your frustration since the AI likes to twitch around so much, which is really highly unrealistic. A way to ameliorate the twitchiness is to use the command menu to get the gunner to focus on a target to to tell the gunner to watch a certain direction.

Oh i tought that stabilized cupola is for tank commander like an air for the lungs. I didn't realized that Bohemia made some convenience for players in this case. Anyway I will use your hint.

AFAIK, the awareness values of the bmp 1 are the same as the bmp 2 in the vanilla game, except our vehicles can't 'hear' like they can in arma 2. It is possible your positions are being reported by other observers and being sent to the tank. This is something that happens in the vanilla game, but the engagements in CWC and Res are much tighter than they were in the new games.

It is possible. But i didn't realized that in Arma word every AI caries a radio :)

Engines, engines, engines...

Regards.

- i see only one way of passing this mission with satchels: put them and set timers on each of them. Any try of manual detonation ends with chasing by BMP-deamon - sometimes it takes him couple of minutes but he always track me somehow.

That's because when someone hits your mine or you detonate a satchel, your position is immediately revealed, you can setup a satchel ambush in editor and youll see the triggerman on map when it detonates. AFAIK that's fixed in the beta.