Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Hmmm. Did you download the separate mission pack and two campaigns? See first post:

There are 41 SP missions and ~45 MP missions in the mission pack, with more to come. Those and the two FULL campaigns will keep you busy for approximately 6 months! ;)

Fight on! The fates of Everon, Malden, Nogova, Kolgujev, and possibly the world depend on it! :eek:

Not to mention Sanders CWR2 Coop Pack with over 100 missions.

Also on armaholic he can find some SP missions or missions pack for CWR 2. ULOTC mission pack with ~29 missions (its a campaign but released as mission pack) for Baf expansions. Panda123 releasead small mission pack for Cwr2.

Even I made mission pack with 7 SP missions for Cwr2 Baf expansion. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

So, i think this mod has the largest base of missions from all big mods for arma2. I think ~200-250 usermade missions (i forgot about OFP nostalgia pack, its a big mission pack). 3 campaigns, ~50missions from mod.

Ps:

I remember that also Inlesco was working also on a Soviet campaign for Cwr2 so maybe we will have new big campaign.

I tried this mod this summer, and I could find only few old OFP missions. There was no compain, no decent content.

The campaigns are separate downloads available for download in the first post of the thread. There are also several hundred additional individual missions for CWR2 available and some custom campaigns. Mission content is far from lacking and widely available at community sites.

---

With regard to the SVD, there is a change in the default fixed zero distance that can make the sight better adjusted. Currently it inherits a default value for it, but setting it to a specified different distance would enable the reticle to be used with the chevrons indeed conforming more closely to the average character height at the different ranges.

Regards,

Sander

Thank you guys for info, must try this ASAP. It´s sad, that OFP had the best single player content, but the game is too old. Arma 2 is pure multiplayer game. Lets see what this does. So the next version should be final? How about multiplayer game of CWR2, is there any?

Thank you guys for info, must try this ASAP. It´s sad, that OFP had the best single player content, but the game is too old. Arma 2 is pure multiplayer game. Lets see what this does. So the next version should be final? How about multiplayer game of CWR2, is there any?

We play CWR2 missions on Comrades in Arms tuesdays and sundays.

Hmm, where I should save the compaign file cwr2_1985.pbo? I extracted the mod C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CWR2 and I´m using saparate shortcut for launching CWR2.

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

And same question about cwr2_missions and cwr2_resistance_v106

Place it in the ...\arma2\expansions\campaigns folder and if there is not yet a folder named campaigns in th expansions folder, you should create one. By placing the file in that manner instead of directly into a campaigns folder under the main folder one can avoid a campaign being listed twice in the campaign overview in game. It is one of the quirks of the game to duplicate campaigns if not set up that way.

Regards,

Sander

I did it like this: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CWR2\Campaigns

And single and mp missions are in the original root folders, SP missions are like this: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Missions\CWR2

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

We play CWR2 missions on Comrades in Arms tuesdays and sundays.

Cool, what I need to do to get the password for 77.74.193.124:2202?

Awsome work, most of all single missions are great. I so enjoy nostalgia, because I played all SP missions and campaigns many times about 8-10 years ago!

Unfortunately I see, that in first mission of Cold War Crisis, the trigger of ending the mission does not end. Even my group stays back forever or gets killed by single enemy soldier with granades. Does the compaign work at all?

Here are some observations about original single missions (I also might be wrong with some facts, so don´t take me ceriusly):

SP 02 - Ambush - At the start, while driving with the officer, when he speeks, text shows white and is not spread to entire screen as it should be. In OFP the text color is blue.

SP 03 - Bomberman - in OFP the weapon was M24, not M21. Also in this mission, M21 is badly balisticated, it shots too "over/up".

SP 06 - Clean Sweep - OPS had black suites, not green (day). Also Black Op's gun MP5SP6 is very useless, in other missions also, I have to put 5-10 bullets in the opponent to get him killed.

SP 08 - Lone Wolf happened at the morning in original OFP, not during the dark, night.

SP 09 - Sniper team, I went to position and accelerated the time to wait officers to arrive on a UAZ. After a while, the acceleration triggered the task to succsessful, even I haven´t killed anyone.

SP 12 - Revenge - While russian infentry exit the BMP, someone gives order to disempark in english language. Also radio speach is going on english.

SP 20 - War Cry, Not all texture loads in intro. Some white buildings and soldiers at the start.

Keep doing the awsome work, I so which the campaings would be playable :)

Awsome work, most of all single missions are great. I so enjoy nostalgia, because I played all SP missions and campaigns many times about 8-10 years ago!

Unfortunately I see, that in first mission of Cold War Crisis, the trigger of ending the mission does not end. Even my group stays back forever or gets killed by single enemy soldier with granades. Does the compaign work at all?

Here are some observations about original single missions (I also might be wrong with some facts, so don´t take me ceriusly):

SP 02 - Ambush - At the start, while driving with the officer, when he speeks, text shows white and is not spread to entire screen as it should be. In OFP the text color is blue.

SP 03 - Bomberman - in OFP the weapon was M24, not M21. Also in this mission, M21 is badly balisticated, it shots too "over/up".

SP 06 - Clean Sweep - OPS had black suites, not green (day). Also Black Op's gun MP5SP6 is very useless, in other missions also, I have to put 5-10 bullets in the opponent to get him killed.

SP 08 - Lone Wolf happened at the morning in original OFP, not during the dark, night.

SP 09 - Sniper team, I went to position and accelerated the time to wait officers to arrive on a UAZ. After a while, the acceleration triggered the task to succsessful, even I haven´t killed anyone.

SP 12 - Revenge - While russian infentry exit the BMP, someone gives order to disempark in english language. Also radio speach is going on english.

SP 20 - War Cry, Not all texture loads in intro. Some white buildings and soldiers at the start.

Keep doing the awsome work, I so which the campaings would be playable :)

Thanks for your feedback. Some initial comments:

SP 02 - I am uncertain if it is possible to change the text colour or format of dialogue.

SP 03 - I should say that your comments about bomberman using the m24 are mistaken. The m24 was not in the original OFP.

SP 06 - There are some differences in gun effectiveness from the original game. I think if it took 10 bullets to kill someone with the 9mm, they were too far away, running other mods, or perhaps a beta patch that has changed some values.

SP 08 - Regarding the lighting in the two games, there is no lighting condition in ArmA 2 that is analogous to the predawn or postdusk lighting in OFP. We've wiggled around the time here and there but unfortunately, pushing it too far towards sunrise would make the sun rise during the mission.

SP 09 - The accelerated time possibly caused the UAZ to crash.

SP 20 - That seems like an engine issue. You might be able to help it along by reducing your texture quality settings.

I had some random problems with CWC 1985 until I updated to the latest beta. If you haven't make sure to update.

I have the latest beta public 5, and I claim that the campaign won´t work as-is trasfered from OFP. Problem is, that AI behaves differently in Arma than in OFP, but probably all triggers in missions are original, and it make the campaign missions to act with no since (as I see it). I played 3 first missions, and I had to skip every one of them to next mission with "endmission" cheat. I believe that problems are with original triggers imported from OFP, and new AI acting more fast and effective. For example, the second mission in Cold War Crisis compaign, where the capturing of village fails because enemy tanks are comming there. In OFP, you have lot of time to retrieve, in CWR2, T80s will kill every time my entire squad running back (including me).

I have the latest beta public 5, and I claim that the campaign won´t work as-is trasfered from OFP. Problem is, that AI behaves differently in Arma than in OFP, but probably all triggers in missions are original, and it make the campaign missions to act with no since (as I see it). I played 3 first missions, and I had to skip every one of them to next mission with "endmission" cheat. I believe that problems are with original triggers imported from OFP, and new AI acting more fast and effective. For example, the second mission in Cold War Crisis compaign, where the capturing of village fails because enemy tanks are comming there. In OFP, you have lot of time to retrieve, in CWR2, T80s will kill every time my entire squad running back (including me).

I just played it last night and didn't even see the T-80s. Only had one guy left in my squad at the end but we both made it out. The next mission worked fine as well too.

A lot of work has gone into the missions. However, you're correct in that you are playing a different game. You will have to play the missions differently and adapt to the new situations. In Combined Arms, for example, you have to ditch and run when command issues the order to retreat. Occasionally, some of your squad will make it out alive, but if you pull back when ordered, you should make it out almost always.

Only had one guy left in my squad at the end but we both made it out.

It´s funny, that the leader of my squad during first missions, the black guy, has died in every mission and then he gets back alive in the next mission :D

It´s funny, that the leader of my squad during first missions, the black guy, has died in every mission and then he gets back alive in the next mission :D

That was OFPs greatest feature. True warriors never die... unless it's part of the plot.

That was OFPs greatest feature. True warriors never die... unless it's part of the plot.

Its more funny because OFP had some really nasty textures if someone got shot in the head or upper body. The face was gone, and white bone was showing through. It was really a major piece of "Well I got better...".

Single missions converted from OFP do not have such problem as campaign, because intros and triggers are not so complex as in campaign. I will continue testing, and drop enemy AI strength back to %70.

In the first deployment to Everon the mission has always completed fine for me, though sometimes it takes time to find that last enemy AI. In one case I had to scavenge nearly every handgrenade around to blow up a stuck BMP that insisted on driving through a building, in others a single AI was remaining in a bush, in a building or one the slope towards the coast. Sometimes one needs to do all the work, sometimes the Cobra and Abrams clean house. I have never had a problem in the aborted mission to Regina. It is a matter of picking an appropriate route: first head to the forest and only then turn north, as running away through an open field is too tempting for the Soviet gunners.

The MP5SD is no longer the overpowered weapon of OFP, but three round bursts to the head do the job fine. Ranging the gun makes a lot of difference as using a correct zero makes the rounds impact on the most vulnerable part of the target and not the torso or legs.

Regards,

Sander

Does anyone experience any serious crash with this mod? Rest of the games, orig. Arma 2, FDFmod, ACE, and GTA IV, Mortal Kombat are working fine, but after few missions, on the screen appears few artifacts and display driver stops responding. GPU temperature at this moment is beneath 80 celcius. I have GTX 470 1280mb video card with i7 CPU and 6 gb ram.

That's more likely a local HW issue than a mod issue. Update your driver or roll back to a known good version.

A single GTX 470 is a little light to play A2 (or A3)....

on the screen appears few artifacts and display driver stops responding.

without the slightest hesitation you have a video card on it's way out or poor drivers or badly seated in the motherboard slot. No missions, let alone cwr2 cause this type of behaviour. To baldly infer that FDFmod is 'ok' so it must be cwr2 is laughable. For your interest however, cwr2 smacks the video card with the best possible graphic quality of any mod. Something you lament in other posts as being not good enough!

Edited by Mikero

I reinstalled my PC, moving back from Windows 8 to Windows 7, and after I installed all OA and CWR2 stuff back, I cannot launch CWR2 anymore, I get:

"Addon 'cwr2_Sounds' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'" and "bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/cwr2_Bizon/Burst/: Cannot find base class 'Burst'"