Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

@Sig

I don't understand. You thinking about other playable units in squad? Right now we control only teamleader in all missions. Are you thinking about missions where we are not leader, or maybe about missions for other factions: Usa, Russia, Fia etc? But maybe answer in my thread. I don't want to make to big offtopic in this thread. ;)

Yes to control (jump) to other soldiers in the team. One example is. When one member of team has a carl gustav AT, there is an assistant AT gunner with a back pack with 2 rockets. When the soldier fires his AT launcher, he will not go to the assistant AT guy to reload, you have to possess him manually.

Version 1.0 is the planned 'final' release.

Is there an ETA on that? What exactly will be different between beta and final? Just a cease on updates and fixes?

Yes to control (jump) to other soldiers in the team. One example is. When one member of team has a carl gustav AT, there is an assistant AT gunner with a back pack with 2 rockets. When the soldier fires his AT launcher, he will not go to the assistant AT guy to reload, you have to possess him manually.

Yes i can do this (i added teamswitch in my other missions and campaigns, dont know why but now i was thinking that you can give unit orders to open other teammates backpacks ;) ). For now you must take the rockets from soldiers backpack and put them on ground and give AT gunner orders to take it. Or you can take the backpack with rockets on mission start (in briefing) and put rockets on ground when needed.

Yes i can do this (i added teamswitch in my other missions and campaigns, dont know why but now i was thinking that you can give unit orders to open other teammates backpacks ;) ). For now you must take the rockets from soldiers backpack and put them on ground and give AT gunner orders to take it. Or you can take the backpack with rockets on mission start (in briefing) and put rockets on ground when needed.

Cheers for that. The AI is piss poor at times, and when a tank comes into range I prefer to take it out as the AI is a bit hit & miss.

You know that you can change weapons before missions (sometimes you can take few more AT launchers). Also maybe its good to take Carl Gustaw from AT guy and use it by yourself. When you fire first time you can run very fast to that guy with Backpack. You (player) will have option to open backpack.

@Max Power

Sorry for small offtopic. ;)

Is there an ETA on that? What exactly will be different between beta and final? Just a cease on updates and fixes?

When it's done.

The Aist class hovercraft ( Wikipedia entry: Aist-class LCAC) could conceivably deliver the main battle tanks in a surprise attack on the Malden chain islands. They have the speed and range to allow a landing of main battle tanks with minimal advance warning. Any invasion fleet could remain behind the horizon, though given the Soviet experience in masking operations they would probably have no trouble disguising any movement as regular traffic over a sea lane so they might not even have to bother keeping ships out of radar sight at all. Blips on a screen would not necessarily betray the purpose of the contact, and without prior warning Guba might get away with itas the operators would not correctly interpret the returning reflections. The distance between Kolgujev and the other islands might even make direct ferrying by hovercraft from that island possible.

Regards,

Sander

When it's done.

As long as your not on a developmental timetable of Square-Enix, this is fine! :P

As long as your not on a developmental timetable of Square-Enix, this is fine! :P

We taught them everything there is to know.

When you are dealing with people working in their spare time, there is no time table. Work gets done at a rate that is naturally in-line with how much time someone has at that particular instant.

We taught them everything there is to know.

When you are dealing with people working in their spare time, there is no time table. Work gets done at a rate that is naturally in-line with how much time someone has at that particular instant.

Of course, of course. There is no must or end period for this stuff. I was just curious. I hope I don't come off as demanding. What's out now is fine enough, friend.

I have small request for Cwr2 Baf Expansion, maybe you can change load out of British engineer (from infantry, paras, and winter units) now he has only two mines. Maybe you can add him backpack with somo extra satchel charges and mines. Now the only unit in Baf with charges is SAS operator. So if we want guy with C4 in squad we must add for example SAS unit to infantry or add C4 to unit manualy.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Ps: engineer from NL Expansion has backpack with mines and satchel charges.

Hi,

Changing the characteristics of a unit after it has been out for a year would impact missions made in the intervening period. Adding a backpack by default would have consequences for any scenario's where the mission maker has added a backpack to the British engineer units using an init line or other method. Therefore changing it would potentially break existing custom created content.

The easiest manner to add the required explosives would be to put into the init line of the unit in question a command to give him a backpack of a type containing satchels. Two such backpacks are defined for the UK units.

To add the UK engineer backpack with two satchels as well as mines and handgrenades:

this addbackpack "cwr2_UK_Backpack_Engineer";

To add the SAS backpack with three satchels:

this addbackpack "cwr2_UK_Backpack_SAS";

Regards,

Sander

Sander you are right, i didn't think (i forgot)about that. That if changeing now gear of engineer we could break many user made missions etc). I know that adding satchels/backpacks dont cost mission maker to much time. I was just thinking that all Baf faction miss a unit with satchels. Maybe someday (in future update) we will see new unit

(Sapper or Engineer (satchel charges). ;)

I've just noticed that the RPK-74 mags take up two inventory slots. In my opinion one would be enough.

I can't check now but there are 45rnd mags. 1,5 standard ak mag so two slots in inventory is ok.

100rnd mags (7.62mm) and 200rnd mags (5.56mm) take up two slots. The same space for 45 rnds is too much in my opinion.

I have no intention running trough 800 posts, so I just ask here; Is it only me that find the SVD underpowered compared to M21? And the sight should be zeroed at 500 m but it's not. Somewhere around 300 seems more the case.

And a suggestion from old eyes, how about "fatten up" the SVD scope markers, more like OFP than the current AA2 style? :bigglasses:

What is the future of this mod? Will the developement be continued with Arma2, after Arma3 is released? I tried this mod this summer, and I could find only few old OFP missions. There was no compain, no decent content. Any news, when the last/end mod will be released?

I have no intention running trough 800 posts, so I just ask here; Is it only me that find the SVD underpowered compared to M21? And the sight should be zeroed at 500 m but it's not. Somewhere around 300 seems more the case.

And a suggestion from old eyes, how about "fatten up" the SVD scope markers, more like OFP than the current AA2 style? :bigglasses:

The SVD and the M21 seem to be working as intended.

What is the future of this mod? Will the developement be continued with Arma2, after Arma3 is released? I tried this mod this summer, and I could find only few old OFP missions. There was no compain, no decent content. Any news, when the last/end mod will be released?

When it's done.

What is the future of this mod? Will the developement be continued with Arma2, after Arma3 is released? I tried this mod this summer, and I could find only few old OFP missions. There was no compain, no decent content.
Which version did you tried? You may have a look at these links:

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/downloads

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1965975

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129565

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154754-Red-Hammer-Campaign-for-use-with-CWR2-mod

About the rest the official statement is what Max wrote :cool:

What is the future of this mod?

Bright and great

Will the developement be continued with Arma2, after Arma3 is released?

My bet, they won't create CWR3

I tried this mod this summer, and I could find only few old OFP missions. There was no compain, no decent content.

Where? There are tons of very good missions available, I would oppose on that last comment above, CWR2 is the only decent content for Arma2

when the last/end mod will be released?

Who cares? Current version is fully playable as it is, no serious bugs, you won't even notice them compared to generic Arma2 bugs

Written by a non-CWR2 affiliate (if any doubt)

@Max:

No, they ain't. At least not on Linux DS. Come and try yourself ;)

@Max:

No, they ain't. At least not on Linux DS. Come and try yourself ;)

Our content doesn't look decent on a Linux dedicated server? Seems like an odd claim. If that is true, I think it's beyond our control unfortunately.

There was no compain, no decent content.

Hmmm. Did you download the separate mission pack and two campaigns? See first post:

Download Cold War Rearmed² - Missions and Campaigns:

CWR² SP/MP Missions

CWR² Resistance v1.06

CWR² Cold War Crisis v1.09

There are 41 SP missions and ~45 MP missions in the mission pack, with more to come. Those and the two FULL campaigns will keep you busy for approximately 6 months! ;)

Fight on! The fates of Everon, Malden, Nogova, Kolgujev, and possibly the world depend on it! :eek: