Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Just curious, how are the Soviets landing on the shore? Do they have amphibious crafts available in the mod?

Just curious, how are the Soviets landing on the shore? Do they have amphibious crafts available in the mod?

there was a static landing craft in OFP. I believe it is included in CWR2 also, I maybe wrong though.

I didn't check it in editor but i saw in Cwr2->boats that big LST (transport ship-landing craft). If i remember it was NATO ship but we can use him for soviets ;)

This expansion, to go alongside Sander's current (secret) project, will be CWR2 VMF. Done in the same style as the NL and UK reinforcement expansions. Not too all encompassing but good enough additions to make gameplay different and to give more inspiration for different scenarios or mission remakes. It is still far from done.

What's the APC at the second pic? MTLB-M with 12,7mm NSVT?

Indeed. We have CWR2 T-55 with added ERA, courtesy of the RHS team, and MTLB-M from Arma.ua with NSVT remote turret.

Landing craft is an issue I would like to address but unless anyone has a model of a Polnocny class LST going spare there is not much I can do. The original OFP LST is in game already and is a pretty good stand in providing that you stand more than 400 meters from it :D

Indeed. We have CWR2 T-55 with added ERA, courtesy of the RHS team, and MTLB-M from Arma.ua with NSVT remote turret.

I'd add it has not remote but almost the same turret as T-72's commander.

Landing craft is an issue I would like to address but unless anyone has a model of a Polnocny class LST going spare there is not much I can do. The original OFP LST is in game already and is a pretty good stand in providing that you stand more than 400 meters from it :D

Wings of peace/Legacy of the Cold war contains Zubr-class LCAC, but this ship is not complete. How about adding it to CWR naval infantry? I know it was comissioned in 1988 but still that could be good Soviet landing craft.

As other people have stated, we do have a landing craft object. It is not a vehicle, though.

In the campaign story, how the Russians are able to deploy tanks on the shore is a bit of a mystery. They just sort of appear.

Obviously General Guba stole the Chronosphere.

I would pay good (but fake) money for a nice landing craft.

I would pay good (but fake) money for a nice landing craft.

I second that. Those who have red Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising may have an idea of a cool scenario using soviet landing crafts. Now here's me fantasizing:

If the landing craft would be able to carry, in addition to infantry teams, an IFV of some sort, it will be absolutely mind blowing.

Edited by Variable

I second that. Those who have red Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising may have an idea of a cool scenario using soviet landing crafts. Now here's me fantasizing:

If they'd be able to carry, in addition to infantry teams, an IFV of some sort it will be absolutely mind blowing.

Awesome book!

I urge everyone to read it.

Awesome book!

I urge everyone to read it.

Agreed. OFP got me into Cold War stuff which got me into Red Storm Rising which got me into more Cold War stuff. I recently finished reading, The Third World War, Team Yankee, Chieftains, and Red Army.

Agreed. OFP got me into Cold War stuff which got me into Red Storm Rising which got me into more Cold War stuff. I recently finished reading, The Third World War, Team Yankee, Chieftains, and Red Army.

And there my question of what to read next has solved itself :)

And there my question of what to read next has solved itself :)

Glad I could help. I liked Red Army and Chieftains the best with Team Yankee coming in third. The Third World War was good but more of an overview of the entire war than a story of soldiers in the field. There is a more up to date version of The Third World War as well but Amazon sent me the wrong one so I just read the older one.

Glad I could help. I liked Red Army and Chieftains the best with Team Yankee coming in third. The Third World War was good but more of an overview of the entire war than a story of soldiers in the field. There is a more up to date version of The Third World War as well but Amazon sent me the wrong one so I just read the older one.

If you like these books, I also recommend Steven Zaloga's "Red Thrust", and (although a bit harder to read) Kenneth Macksey's "First Clash" (about a Canadian Mechanized Team defending in Germany). Not covering WWIII but still discussing the 80's and 90's tactics, Dan Bolger's "Dragon's at War" (about combat at NTC in the late '80s) and "The Battle for Hunger Hill" (about an airborne infantry field exercise in the early 90's) are also great reads.

William

If you like these books, I also recommend Steven Zaloga's "Red Thrust", and (although a bit harder to read) Kenneth Macksey's "First Clash" (about a Canadian Mechanized Team defending in Germany). Not covering WWIII but still discussing the 80's and 90's tactics, Dan Bolger's "Dragon's at War" (about combat at NTC in the late '80s) and "The Battle for Hunger Hill" (about an airborne infantry field exercise in the early 90's) are also great reads.

William

I have those first two on my wish list for next time I buy a bunch of books and I have added those last two. Thank you.

In the Resistance Campaign mission Information, this mission have an bug because when start the mission i move to the farm in the woods but I discovered and mission failure :confused:

Well I mean, in the middle of a mission, you're fighting a Russian landing and all of a sudden 'omg tanks!' and a retreat is ordered. I would imagine that such a large ship would be detected. From the spot where they landed, I think you would be able to visually see the ship from the hill you're on. It is possible they were there all along tho, I suppose.

@Sig

I don't understand. You thinking about other playable units in squad? Right now we control only teamleader in all missions. Are you thinking about missions where we are not leader, or maybe about missions for other factions: Usa, Russia, Fia etc? But maybe answer in my thread. I don't want to make to big offtopic in this thread. ;)

Is the beta testing still going on?

Or will the last beta version be the "final" release of the mod?