Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Hello, I just started playing this Great memory's.

Currently im stuck on the mission "Information" Mission 9 of resistance campaign.

I need to get in the farmhouse to overhear conversation, But I think the cutscene isnt getting triggered.

managed to get inside one of these houses undetected but nothing happens, also went around the corner just beside them.

Have been trying for an hour now with no succes, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I'm playing this in combination with CBA and JSRS soundmod.

*EDIT*

got it working this time, had to hug the wall in northern corner.

I think one of the officers needs better placement though im clearly in his line of sight whenever triggering the cutscene, even though he wont see you if you crawl slowly.

Edited by DaleyG

I think one of the officers needs better placement though im clearly in his line of sight whenever triggering the cutscene, even though he wont see you if you crawl slowly.

I found it hard to pass as well.

This may be silly of me to mention, but it just dawned on me that in the SP missions pack, the mission Counterstrike is the same mission as Counter Strike from the Cold War Crisis campaign, minus a change in briefing and image icon. Why are there two versions of this mission? :P

That way people can already enjoy a particular mission even if they have not yet reached that stage of the campaign and it can also provide a possibility to introduce a variation on a theme.

Regards,

Sander

That way people can already enjoy a particular mission even if they have not yet reached that stage of the campaign and it can also provide a possibility to introduce a variation on a theme.

Regards,

Sander

And, so I could make a BAF variant of it. Ha

Col Stagler, Sander: thanks for your new Paras and W Coy 'koud weer' Dutch Marines. They look great, and are available now in the PlannedAssault mission generator to quickly build single-player missions:

_a2_british_paras_inserted_by_hc1.jpg _a2_dutch_w_coy_royal_marine.jpg _a2_dutch_marine_with_uzi_smg.jpg

Col Stagler: is anybody working on the Milan (crew-served) missile launcher?

William

Hi guys,

I am really sorry for posting here but I hope someone will help me none the less. Basically I am looking for class names of the original CWR mod (for ArmA 1), since I am using the mod for Arma 1 (my system not being able to cope with Arma 2). I am trying to implement the AI grenadier fix by "The Captain" to the mod but to do so I need the class names of grenade launcher rifles, m16 and ak47/74. If someone still remembers where those class names of the original CWR mod can be found or if they're identical to the Arma 2 version, please do tell.

Thanks and again, I apologize for posting here but I do not know who else to ask...

Col Stagler: is anybody working on the Milan (crew-served) missile launcher?

Funny you should say that because me and Sander were talking about the Milan a few nights ago. I might think to put one on a Landrover but not as an individual crew weapon. There is no other such weapons in CWR2 mod at the moment I think.

On another note, here are some screens of what im working on at the moment anyway.

Sea Harrier FRS.1

http://i.imgur.com/KLouyqz.jpg (250 kB)

Land Rover 109 Series II

http://i.imgur.com/VT0fuFw.jpg (292 kB)

And finally, very much still WIP of some old favourites of mine to go alongside another still secret project by Sander.

The Black Death

http://i.imgur.com/X9SpAjF.jpg (304 kB)

co09_cwr2_armored_fist.noe.pbo - great mission! very enjoyable. Two bugs:

support team didn't move and outro script missing.

Edited by Variable

And, so I could make a BAF variant of it. Ha

Next time you convert standard CWR2 missions to UK, please also switch units in the intros (and/or outros), and also use the most up-to-date versions of all missions.

Cheers,

OMAC

Next time you convert standard CWR2 missions to UK, please also switch units in the intros (and/or outros), and also use the most up-to-date versions of all missions.

Cheers,

OMAC

Sure thing OMAC

Hi guys,

I am really sorry for posting here but I hope someone will help me none the less. Basically I am looking for class names of the original CWR mod (for ArmA 1), since I am using the mod for Arma 1 (my system not being able to cope with Arma 2). I am trying to implement the AI grenadier fix by "The Captain" to the mod but to do so I need the class names of grenade launcher rifles, m16 and ak47/74. If someone still remembers where those class names of the original CWR mod can be found or if they're identical to the Arma 2 version, please do tell.

Thanks and again, I apologize for posting here but I do not know who else to ask...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?72888-Cold-War-Rearmed-Public-Beta-Release

If there is a list of classnames, they would be in your CWR folder somewhere. If there's nothing there, I'll ask w0lle when next I see him.

Is not being able to change the view distance an intended feature? I'm stuck at 900.

EDIT: Also, the mission Defender seems broken. In OFP, OFP elite and the first CWR the mission went like this: place mines, blow tanks, get in M113, win mission.

In CWR2 the mission goes like this: place mines, blow tanks, get in M113, get tasked to clear a small town to the north, sit in M113 as it goes around in circles as if the driver was under the influence of approximately 2 bottles of whisky, disembark, clear the town, stand around waiting for the apocalypse while the M113 driver keeps turning the engine of the tank on/off again and again for no reason. No idea how to win the mission.

Edited by Nahkuri

@up

Yes, view distance set at ~1000m is a feature of CWC in CWR2. AI in arma is better than in OFP, they can attack from big distances (tanks etc) so without that many missions in CWC could be broken.

Ps: i didn't have problems with Defender but i played earlier ver maybe something is broken now or you had bad luck, this is short mission try to restart and play again.

I wonder if Nahkuri is using any other mods.

Another thing that contributes to bad AI behaviour is low frame rate.

I'm not. Only things I've got installed are ArmA II, Operation Arrowhead and CWR2. My fps is a pretty solid 50-60 as well, I think. Certainly not slow or sluggish.

I guess I was unlucky. That was the second time I played the mission. First time I and the rest of the US guys were repeatedly ordered to dismount the M113 and mount it again for... reasons? I don't know. There were some Russian crewmen running around somewhere very far away, so I guess the AI couldn't decide whether to have everyone attack them or move on. Third time's the charm, though. Managed to finish the mission this time.

I'm not. Only things I've got installed are ArmA II, Operation Arrowhead and CWR2. My fps is a pretty solid 50-60 as well, I think. Certainly not slow or sluggish.

I guess I was unlucky. That was the second time I played the mission. First time I and the rest of the US guys were repeatedly ordered to dismount the M113 and mount it again for... reasons? I don't know. There were some Russian crewmen running around somewhere very far away, so I guess the AI couldn't decide whether to have everyone attack them or move on. Third time's the charm, though. Managed to finish the mission this time.

Sometimes the AI can be a little cheeky. I don't even try to understand it anymore. It was in some kind of weird state where some threshold required to make the AI decide to board an APC while some other threshold was exceeded to make the AI decide to disembark. Things like this seem to happen. I'm glad you managed to get through it.

There was substantial difficulty in getting the M113-related part of Defender to work properly during original mission porting and testing, and the mission still needs tweaking in that regard. As Nahkuri noted, that part of the mission doesn't work properly >50% of the time.

Yes, it worked for me too, but I've also experienced the strangeness with the M113 not moving as squad is ordered to disembark, etc., which can kill the mission. I haven't examined the mission logic regarding the squad entering the M113 for many months, but I would think that some tweaking of waypoint combat behavior, etc. may make the mission more stable.

Edit: I looked at the mission, and tried to get the M113 pick up part to fail, and it would not, even with lots of opfor around shooting at it. The pick up worked perfectly every time. I'd chalk the weirdness up to an AI gremlin buried deep in the code. ;)

Edited by OMAC

I guess that on my second run some Russian in the small town survived and my squad leader didn't bother to look for him.

The clatter of tracks as the arrival of seaborne reinforcements for the Soviets draws slightly closer...

bDzHEGRl.jpg

I1LUQnql.jpg