Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Are you familiar with how combined operations works with Steam? When I run vanilla OA I understand it starts the game up as Combined Operations, as it starts the game with all installed ArmA II games active. As far as I know, the game is running as it should. Though admittedly I'm anything but an expert on how ArmA II works its files, steam or no steam.

The wonkiness I'm experiencing in the mission scripts is quite like it was on CWA the last time I tried it, which was the reason why I found out this fantastic mod in the first place.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think I'm experiencing anything that shouldn't be going on. I'm not getting any errors or the like. If I have borked up my game with the addon copying thing, would that affect mission scripts? Also, when I enter the mission editor in CWR2, am I supposed to have access to vehicles and such from ArmA II and OA?

Ah! I see. Yes, I run Operation Arrowhead on steam and usually it just takes care of that by itself, without requiring me to mess with the installed files.

I believe the mission files we use are based on a menagerie of OFP and OFP: Elite.

Regarding the behaviour of the missions and AI, some similarities (including problems) are to be expected and also there are some known issues with getting the AI to behave like they did in OFP. The more you try to control them the more defiant they become, it seems.

You are supposed to have access to all content you have currently installed, including ArmA2, OA, any DLCs, CWR2, and any third party mods (which may or may not function properly with CWR2 or visa versa).

I can't guarantee the proper functioning of anything with a 'borked' install. I think you can clean it up by verifying the integrity of the game cache tho. Otherwise you can sort your files by 'date added' and delete the ones you added most recently.

I believe the mission files we use are based on a menagerie of OFP and OFP: Elite.

Ah, so it's not the campaign file of CWA "converted" to CWR2, as I thought(or guessed, I have no idea how any of that works) ? I'm guessing it's the ArmA 2 AI acting up, then. I don't think I'm experiencing any technical problems with the game itself, it's just the AI and mission scripts that are being a bit goofy.

Ah, so it's not the campaign file of CWA "converted" to CWR2, as I thought(or guessed, I have no idea how any of that works) ? I'm guessing it's the ArmA 2 AI acting up, then. I don't think I'm experiencing any technical problems with the game itself, it's just the AI and mission scripts that are being a bit goofy.

Sometimes the AI or scripts act funny when performance is low. Sometimes they don't need a reason to screw up, they just decide they're not working. In your case I would eliminate the wholes addons folder variable before coming to any conclusion.

I think the mission files are originally from OFP but are heavily modified, and have probably been modified several times. I don't really see why CWA's missions would be changed at all from the OFP versions.

Me neither, but seems they were, or something went wrong somewhere when the name was changed and the game updated. In CWA's first mission Bravo squad's helicopter pilot was assigned to land(=crash) into the forest and the briefing cutscene doesn't appear at all. In Montignac Must Fall your squad leader randomly decides that the other two squads must have died and commands everyone to throw their skirts over their heads and run to the hills, screaming. Even though the other squads are quite alive and attacking the town.

EDIT: Alright, here's a video by some gentleman who's experiencing the same thing as I did in the first proper mission. Alpha squad stays put next to the forest and do nothing, so the player has to go into the town alone. The enemy's killed off pretty much completely in just a few minutes, but it takes what seems like half an eternity for the Alpha squad's leader to remember where his nuts went and actually proceed into the town, which I guess is needed for the mission to complete.

EDIT#2: The second mission's oddity for me was that there was an enemy squad hiding in the forest next to the village, which my squad leader decided to engage, not wanting to stop fighting them even when the T-80's attack. Don't think that occurred in previous playthroughs in different versions of the game. Maybe that enemy squad's supposed to attack with the T80s but got there before they shouldve?

Well, I managed to finish the mission again without being scolded by just legging it and reaching the starting point before too many of my buddies got killed. Every mission I've played after that have worked just as they should :) For some reason the Hind didn't attack the Blackhawk in Montignac Must Fall, but that's not anything that would break the flow of the game. Just didn't get the mission where you're the sole survivor and have to sneak to safety.

Edited by Nahkuri
not wanting to double/triplepost.

Can't play airmobile on coop version - missing cwr2_weaponcfg. Using latest version of the mission pack

I talk of updates since a month... So, here we go! The bonus is that the Royal Netherlands Army has been updated too!

280_b3d79765bea4397a.png

Today is a good day to make a release! We are happy to tell you that our DLCs (expansions) are available in their new version: British Armed Forces is now available in version 1.06 and Royal Netherlands Army in version 1.04

Links:

Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces @arma2.fr

Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces @CFr-ArmA.net

Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces @Armaholic.com

Cold War Rearmed² - British Armed Forces @ArmA2Base.de

Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army @arma2.fr

Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army @CFr-ArmA.net

Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army @Armaholic.com

Cold War Rearmed² - Royal Netherlands Army @ArmA2Base.de

Announcement @cwr2.arma2.fr

Enjoy :yay:

Edited by tom_48_97
Mirrors

Thanks for the updates, great to see them out..:)

Thx for the update, Baf and NL are great expansions for Cwr2.

First post updated with the new links!

I am uncertain if it's possible to update Six. I will inquire about it.

Great work guys !

I noted tracked vehicles updated with better realistic textures.

Great choice to add the Paras as well as Chinook HC-1.

Weell done !

Is the CWR 2 British Armed Forces Expansion a campaign or just a few missions?

Unfortunately, it just includes some "Anglicised" missions. Maybe one of us will have the time to make some missions, but nothing guaranteed.

We must wait for Sander ;), maybe he will make some new missions for his cwr2 pack (or update some of the old ones with new units/vehicles)

Unfortunately, it just includes some "Anglicised" missions. Maybe one of us will have the time to make some missions, but nothing guaranteed.

How about converting the original Operation Flashpoint into BAF? You have two versions of OF, American forces and British. Play the campaign as either one or the other.

How about converting the original Operation Flashpoint into BAF? You have two versions of OF, American forces and British. Play the campaign as either one or the other.

I did have this idea before. However it would require a lot of content creation. I would need analogues to all american kit in the game. I'm working on the landrover then the legendary FRS.1. Harrier at the moment. But it would need an older tank to emulate the m60 in early robert hammer missions, it would also need an attack helicopter to represent the cobras in all the missions with cobras in. It also would take a lot of work actually conerting the missions.

There are 8 missions to play with at the moment with plenty of variety so get your teeth in. Also sander does have some uk missions in his pack just not using the plethora of new kit.

The new kit, British and Dutch, will appear in missions in due time. It is just that I have been preoccupied with different content updates for CWR2. It will make Victor wonder what the hell Gabriel is wearing.

Regards,

Sander

Strange thing from me, but.. what about copy rights? U might heard of a company called BIS? Guess they'll have a private chat with you then, or by lawyers :butbut:

and BTW, don't listen to stag, none understand him anyway, brit U know.... :yay:

It will make Victor wonder what the hell Gabriel is wearing.

3K years ago they might :cool:

Had a chance to download this a few weeks ago, & just played some of the SP missions. Whee! Great fun :)

Thanks very much to everyone in the CWR2 team for this. I'd played ports of some of these missions (Ambush!, Battlefields, the CWC set) before, but they are sometimes quite different on the original terrains (well, ofc :) ).

:cheers:

Orc

I did have this idea before. However it would require a lot of content creation. I would need analogues to all american kit in the game. I'm working on the landrover then the legendary FRS.1. Harrier at the moment. But it would need an older tank to emulate the m60 in early robert hammer missions, it would also need an attack helicopter to represent the cobras in all the missions with cobras in. It also would take a lot of work actually conerting the missions.

There are 8 missions to play with at the moment with plenty of variety so get your teeth in. Also sander does have some uk missions in his pack just not using the plethora of new kit.

Trouble did make a Chieftain tank pack a few years ago when he did the Challenger 1 you guys currently use for the BAF pack in CWR2, so you could ask him you could use those? If I remember correctly it was quite comprehensive pack and included Marks 9 through to 11 (my personal variant was a Mark 9 with a bulldozer blade attached. :D). Maybe a touch up with updated textures and it could serve as viable 'replacement' for the M60.

I had kind of gone off Arma in recent months, but the CWR team has always managed to get me back into it with their regular updates to this fantastic mod. The fact you do a British expansion in addition to this is a massive bonus! :) Keep it up guys and Stagler I await further updates to the BAF DLC with great interest. :)

Cheers overlord :p. Seriously though they wouldn't mind if I did a unit replacement version if I gaveall due credit, and due credit to the cwr2 team for fixing 1985 for arma 2. That said however its not a definate thing. Me and trouble are good pals, but it takes time to rework his gear for cwr. It took some good pals of mine and myself long hours to make his bedfords and challenger useable in cwr2. Texture remapping is a pain in the dick quite frankly. As I sai I want to get content I'm working on finished first. There will be more missions in next patch too. Laser, Ground Attack, and Landrover :)

@Max Power

can you please contact LordJarhead and send to him update weapon classes from British and Holland DLC because when I try CWR2 with JSRS after this update I got this error when I start the game

Updating base class cwr2_M60E3->M60A4_EP1, by cwr2\_jsrs configs_\cwr2_nl_config\config.bin/CfgWeapons/cwr2_NL_MAG_GPMG/

Updating base class cwr2_M60E3->M60A4_EP1, by cwr2\_jsrs configs_\cwr2_uk_config\config.bin/CfgWeapons/cwr2_UK_L7_GPMG/

Updating base class NonStrategic->Land_Fire, by cwr2\general\cwr2ofp\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Fire/

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.scope'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.model'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.simulation'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.accuracy'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.camouflage'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.audible'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.displayName'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.textSingular'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.speechSingular'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/cwr2_SoldierNL_Mortar.textPlural'.

:o