Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Those locked missions were a part of an earlier version of the Winter Kolgujev release.

Old separate release thread

It is still available on arma2base.de as a download if you want to get hold of the old files.

Regards,

Sander

Hmmm, why do people still use JSRS? Even if it's a great soundmod, it's already delivered in CWR or I'm I totally off track here?

CWR2 uses some sounds that were kindly provided by Lord Jarhead, but only for our own content. We don't modify the sounds of the BI content, and I don't believe we modify the sound effects of explosions or things like that. The sounds we have are from a previous version of Jarhead's sound mod. I personally do use JSRS with CWR2, but not when I'm trying to troubleshoot problems.

Those locked missions were a part of an earlier version of the Winter Kolgujev release.

Old separate release thread

It is still available on arma2base.de as a download if you want to get hold of the old files.

r

Got it and it's not the one, all SP missions are unlocked. I'm certain it was one of the demo releases that were on armedzone website, which is dead now.

edit: nvm, issue resolved.

Edited by Outlawz7

These missions doesn't load at all (not even the slots screen is displayed, and server goes back to the mission selection screen):

co08_cwr2_weather_forecast.drachenfels.pbo

co26_cwr2_seize_the_base.cain.pbo

co10_cwr2_warcry.noe.pbo

Tested on a windows dedicated server.

Variable: What the server log displays?

Outlawz7: By armedzone, you want to mean cwr2 website or the main armedzone website?

These missions doesn't load at all (not even the slots screen is displayed, and server goes back to the mission selection screen):

co08_cwr2_weather_forecast.drachenfels.pbo

co26_cwr2_seize_the_base.cain.pbo

co10_cwr2_warcry.noe.pbo

Tested on a windows dedicated server.

Variable: What the server log displays?

For seize the base and warcry it seems the server is missing the Bradley addon. however, I'm pretty sure I updated to the latest version of the beta...

About Weather Forecast - my bad, didn't notice I need to upload Drachenfels separately.

Tnx Max, did sort out and clarify some other questions I had down the same road :)

For seize the base and warcry it seems the server is missing the Bradley addon.

I think that might be related to a bad bradley class name in the mission.

Thanks Max, I was starting to doubt my memory... :)

Looking forward to play these missions!

The key SP missions to try out and test are War Cry and Convoy, as both have seen substantial overhauls. Also try the new Soviet Invasion mission! :cool:

Soviet Invasion - sentences in the intro conversation skip ahead of each other. No map markers (besides starting point)?

Edited by Outlawz7

The issues with the intro are well known, and hopefully will be fixed in a future release. There are no map markers by design, but the maplinks (including to Tyrone) do work.

Mission from Resistance campaign:

"Counterattack":

- i have to defeat all enemies, it means when one enemy crawls in the forest he have to be killed. In briefing there is only "destroy incoming tanks"

- during escape from choppers, both of them (hind - observed and kamov - observed indirectly) start hovering after some time of patrol. Hind hovers behind the forrest NW from base which i have to defend. When i attack him with RPG, it just change position of hovering to further one.

- cutscene after this mission is little bit shifted to the dialogs in one moment: first FIA soldier says about accidentaly shoot to his comrade and then he shoots

- when i am going to far from the base and message "am i crazy, there are too many of them" appears keyboard is locked. It means can't stop the tank if i am commander or something like this.

Contraband:

- after passing stuff, enemies appears too close. This is of course my subjective opinion. I met situation when i set my squad to defend perimeter in circle about 100 meters from the pier and set them "hold fire". After cutscene enemies appeared almost on my positions. I couldn't even react and half of my squad were dead.

Cutscene before mission with destroying the bridge (i don't remember title):

- Victor has in hand sniper rifle (Msomething) and this rifle jumps repeatedly in his hands during this cutscene. Didn't try reproduced this. I will do it today.

General problem of the Resistance campaign (i have turned on normal healing system, this one from Arma not from OFP):

- i have problem with heal myself or anybody from my squad, i have no access to the medic or any medical buildin/vehicle. Wounds pass from mission to mission. Of course this is realistic but i am not sure if intended. In practice half of my squad after 10 missions of campaign are wounded.

Can CWR team answer me on my previous questions (if you know answer of course):

- how collecting of wapons works? Are there some rules of appearing new stuff between missions or this is fixed. I ask not about passing gear with my squad, but new one which appears when there is no Gastovskis supply, no ammo truck stolen etc.

- was promotion of soldiers between missions in OFP my dream or you decided to pass this feature?

Edited by kromka

Regarding the promotions, I believe I have had promotions myself so if my recollection is to be believed, it's still in there. I can't say when this was tho.

...Cutscene before mission with destroying the bridge (i don't remember title):

- Victor has in hand sniper rifle (Msomething) and this rifle jumps repeatedly in his hands during this cutscene. Didn't try reproduced this. I will do it today.

This is a known issue in intro to Fireworks mission, and was reported for version 1.05.

Having trouble getting this thing working. Installed ArmA 2 and OA on my new computer solely to play this game. Downloaded them via Steam, put @CWR2 in Operation Arrowhead's folder, made a shortcut with the -nosplash -mod=@CWR2 target line and tried running it. Game starts loading, but pretty soon I get an error saying "Addon 'cwr2_Sounds' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack" and after that another error which says "bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/cwr2_Bizon/Burst/: Cannot find base class 'Burst'"

Any idea what might be causing it? Cheers in advance. Also, I downloaded the CWR² Cold War Crisis v1.09 campaign. Where do I put the "campaign" folder that's located within the .RAR?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it working. A lot of DayZ people were having the same problem. I fixed it by copying the addon folder of ArmA II to OA's folder.

Got another question, though. Is the campaign file in the OP the same as ArmA: Cold War Assaults?

Edited by Nahkuri

How are you running Operation Arrowhead? Is it via steam?

I don't think it's a good idea to mess with your game files like that. The root of the problem is you're running combined ops incorrectly.

Our campaign is based on the CWA Campaign. I think that's the most correct answer.

I bought the "ArmA X" collection from Steam, which results in ArmA II and OA being installed on separate folders automatically. If I'm running anything incorrectly, the fault certainly isn't at my end. Anyhoo, I got the game working now, and it's fantastic, but concerning the campaign... Did I understand correctly that you're using the latest ArmA:CWA campaign as a basis for this mod's SP campaigns? Because if you do... Oh dear. The CWA campaign seems kinda wonky and broken, compared to earlier OFP versions of the same campaign at least. In the first mission on Everon the squad leader doesn't really do anything other than lay on his belly in the forest near the landing zone. I had to go rambo in the town and once it'd been cleared, I needed to speed up the game 4x so that the mission ended in 10 seconds rather than 10 minutes.

Second mission worked slightly better until we got into town, before the Russian counterattack. Took some screenshots of what went on after that.

here is my squad demonstrating heightened tactical awareness

NKmm7bh.jpg

Pretty soon after that the enemy tanks started rolling in, along with some Russian infantry. The scripted radio message that orders us to retreat is played, but my squad leader doesn't seem to pay much attention to it. Instead of telling us to run back to the starting position like in old OFP and the original CWR for ArmA 1, he chooses to stand and fight, assigning targets to our brave soldiers, who proceed to switch to some sort of Conan the Barbarian tactics and run straight at the enemies they were told to deal with. You can see a couple of those brave/insane soldiers making their move in the screenshot below.

http://i.imgur.com/GH1alUG.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/GH1alUG.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/GH1alUG.jpg (237 kB)

Pretty soon the whole squad is scattered all around the town and to the surprise of absolutely no one, everyone starts dying. No order is issued at any point to retreat to the starting point. I manage to complete the mission only because I knew where I had to go from playing the mission about 666 times on different versions of the game(original OFP, Xbox version, ArmA1 CWR.)

I was the sole survivor. Thanks, boss.

http://i.imgur.com/meRnrNn.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/meRnrNn.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/meRnrNn.jpg (105 kB)

Edited by Nahkuri
typos and such

It should start combined ops automatically if arma 2 is present. You should never copy stuff into your root\addons folder.

It is possible that the -mod= switch is causing the problem but I've never heard anything like that reported. I manage my mods using the in-game expansions menu.

I'm afraid I can't really accept any bug reports until you manage to run the game properly, unfortunately. The mod has never been tested using a version of the game where we dump one addons folder into another. I am unwilling to do that, and I won't be able to reproduce the conditions under which your bug is present.

The fact you are trying to help us doesn't escape me and I'm grateful for that, but this bug report can't be used.

Are you familiar with how combined operations works with Steam? When I run vanilla OA I understand it starts the game up as Combined Operations, as it starts the game with all installed ArmA II games active. As far as I know, the game is running as it should. Though admittedly I'm anything but an expert on how ArmA II works its files, steam or no steam.

The wonkiness I'm experiencing in the mission scripts is quite like it was on CWA the last time I tried it, which was the reason why I found out this fantastic mod in the first place.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think I'm experiencing anything that shouldn't be going on. I'm not getting any errors or the like. If I have borked up my game with the addon copying thing, would that affect mission scripts? Also, when I enter the mission editor in CWR2, am I supposed to have access to vehicles and such from ArmA II and OA?

Edited by Nahkuri