Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

In the CWR2 Independent rebel group, The mechanic for that team is unarmed. I say give him a AK-74SU :D

SP 15, missing a start.sqf script, and the screen is black faded.

I want to thank everyone who has donated his work, time and knowledge to this Mod. Thanks also to everyone who believed in us in the past years and even in the darkest days. Knowing you are awaiting this Mod so badly was always motivation enough to finish it somehow. I'm absolutely sure you will not be disappointed with the final Version which, hopefully is not far away.

For me it's time to move on to something else where I feel welcome. All the best to each of you, it was fun and a pleasure to be in this great community.

I know it's been some time, but I haven't been really active on the forums for a while and have only read this news. I hope no one really minds if I can say a few words.

Wish you well in your endeavours W0lle. Sad to see you leave the Arma community. I have had many hours fun blowing shit up in the awesome CWR mod and wanted to say thanks for providing some good gaming hours in my life. I've only received one infraction on these forums, and if memory serves me, it was you busting me for posting up a >100kB picture - Man, you were hot on that shit as a moderator :)

Wish you well in all you do mate. One of my favourite lines from any movie is the largely mute keyboardist from Spinal Tap:

"Have a good time, all the time".

Hope you do too :)

SP 15, missing a start.sqf script, and the screen is black faded.

I'm happy to report our good "old" W0lle has fixed the mentioned problem. Thanks for the heads up!

You can download the fixed mission from here:

cwr2_sp15_hmmwv_rev1.zip

The updated version is of course included in the SP mission pack as well:

CWR² SP/MP Missions

Hi.

In first place an enormous thank you for this great mod. A lot of hours played with my friends is a direct consequence of your work.

In second place a little request:

I´m making a port of the mission War in Takistan to Everon with CWR2 content and I want to know if is possible to use one of your screenshots as a loading image of the mission. Another thing is that I need to know where I can find an objects classname list of the buildings/houses placed in CWR2 islands.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

In second place a little request:

Another thing is that I need to know where I can find an objects classname list of the buildings/houses placed in CWR2 islands.

Thanks in advance.

All public 'structures' are handled by cwr2_editor.pbo. Because there are well over 500+ objects to describe, I never quite got round to providing a catalog. This will be corrected, but obviously take a little time to do.

In the meantime, while not particularly helpful, use the game editor to select EU_ objects to discover their class names. All EU_ class names are descriptive of what the animal is.

You can use our images if you wish :)

Thanks!!!

In the meantime, while not particularly helpful, use the game editor to select EU_ objects to discover their class names. All EU_ class names are descriptive of what the animal is.

I´ve been playing a lot with the objects before to ask and there are one building on east Everon that I can´t find.

The mission engine of War In Takistan looks randomly for certain kind of structures to place some sidemissions and I want to define the right buildings to finish the port.

I´ll keep trying. Thanks for your help.

Well here is my attempt at a SP mission called AirportBlitz for CWR2

I have no clue how to use briefing or tasks that well yet so didn't include them, If you wish to help me with them pm me. I just can't figure it out.

PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK

Put this single player mission in your A2OA/Missions folder

Objectives are not complete yet!

Version

Beta 1.0

Requires:

CWR2

Arma 2

Arrowhead

It is a relaxing day, base is under-staffed in relax mode. Well you are going to get off Malden soon all the vehicles that were in the operation are now at the landing strip, including some tanks you captured while fighting in Malden.

The only problem is high command knew about a pocket of Communists in the North Western part of Malden but the size was never determined until you hear a blast, a truck took a hit from a mortar shell of some type.

Take your squad from the base and inspect the source of incoming fire.

http://www.filehostfree.com/?d=51CEE1861

I hope this is the right place:

I've never player OFP and was delighted to find the Cold War Crisis Mod. Right now I played Montignac must fall and I experienced a bug.

My last goal was to reach the forest. 2 of my team members survived. Because of that the mission's ending wasn't triggered and i had to shoot(!) them myself. This was a very unsatisfying ending. Any way of avoiding this?

Now that I think about it: Should I have gone to the extraction point instead?

I think that in any given situation you ought to go to where the waypoints are telling you to go... Did you have a further waypoint?

No, my only way point was "retreat to forest" or sth like that. When I got there with my 2 surviving man the way point disappeared and nothing happened. Only after I shot those two guys the mission was over and "after Montignac" started.

No, my only way point was "retreat to forest" or sth like that. When I got there with my 2 surviving man the way point disappeared and nothing happened. Only after I shot those two guys the mission was over and "after Montignac" started.

It's possible the mission end conditions don't take into account the situation where the player has multiple team mates alive but the mission is failed. I'll make a note of this.

In my single player mission I put the init.sqf the briefing.sqf and the description.ext along with the .pbo file of mission and mission.sqm and it will just not execute the briefing..:j:

Two more little bugs(?):

Undercover: Your last waypoint is waiting at the campfire at the castle, though your last order is to go INSIDE the castle tower.

Defender: After planting mines on the road for the arriving russian tanks, your order (and your waipoint) is to wait for the tanks to arrive (and to explode): The tanks do the exploding part, but at the same time the surviving crew exits the tanks and immediately (because of the low distance towards my waiting position) kills me and my collegue. Maybe the waipoint for the waiting position should be somewhere else?

Silver, that's how it was in OFP and that's how I imagine it will stay. Your right though it is a tricky one. I had to compensate for it by laying the mines myself further down the road and doing all the work on my own. Your colleague really doesn't contribute much.

@Silver83

1. Im not sure now but i think that when you are close to campfire one of soldiers talk to you that you must go to tower where you find commander.

2. Put as many mines you can down the road ~100-150m from your position if you are lucky you will not need any LAW to finish the job or maybe 1 for each tank ;) Shot fast when crew jump from tank and explosion of the tank will kill the crew.

@Silver83

1. Im not sure now but i think that when you are close to campfire one of soldiers talk to you that you must go to tower where you find commander.

Yes, I recall this being the case.

2. Put as many mines you can down the road ~100-150m from your position if you are lucky you will not need any LAW to finish the job or maybe 1 for each tank ;) Shot fast when crew jump from tank and explosion of the tank will kill the crew.

I always found hiding behind the rock to be quite helpful.

For Defender cluster the mines to take out the leading vehicle, four packed close together should be enough to cause a catastrophic explosion, and place the satchels close to one another to destroy the follow on vehicle. Take up position in an overwatch at some distance, preferably up the road, to employ LAW against any armour not immobilised or to use small arms to take out any disembarked crew. Use cover and concealment at some distance from the road to get a better view and put some distance between you and the hostile AI.

---

A briefing must be called from either the init.sqf or initjipcompatible.sqf file. Unless this is done no briefing will ever be displayed.

One needs at the very least to have present in the mission folder:

- mission.sqm

- init.sqf

- briefing.html

- briefing.sqf

The briefing.html contains just a bare skeleton. It defines the different types of mission endings. It is good practice to reserve end number 1 for a message denouncing the use of cheats, as it is the one automatically picked when the ENDMISSION cheat is used.

Example:

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">

<title>Debriefing</title>

</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<! -----DEBRIEFING----->

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End1">You are a cheater</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

Cheating is bad.

</p>

<br>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End2">Mission Accomplished</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

The enemy commanders have been eliminated.

</p>

<br>

<br>

<hr>

<br>

<h2><a name="Debriefing:End3">Mission Failed</a></h2>

<br>

<p>

Bravo team has been wiped out.

</p>

<br>

</body>

</html>

The real briefing that used to be in the html file is now contained in the briefing.sqf.

Example:

// tasks

task2 = player createSimpleTask ["Return to the boat"];

task2 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Return to the boat for extraction", "Return to the boat", "Return to the boat"];

task2 setSimpleTaskDestination markerpos "obj2";

task1 = player createSimpleTask ["Eliminate the commanders"];

task1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Eliminate the insurgent commanders", "Eliminate the commanders", "Eliminate the commanders"];

task1 setSimpleTaskDestination markerpos "obj1";

player setCurrentTask task1;

// diary entries

player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Background",

"Signal intercepts have indicated that senior enemy commanders are conferring at <marker name=obj1'>Montignac</marker>. Removal of these individuals would greatly limit the command and control capability of the insurgent force. Without the direction provided by these former military officers, the insurgents lack the training and experience to respond effectively against the planned amphibious assault on Everon. Elimination of these high value targets would therefore significantly increase the chance of success of the landings and reduce the expected number of friendly casualties. Command has therefore decided to strike against this gathering of insurgent commanders.

<br/>

<br/>

An airstrike on this target of opportunity has been ruled out due to collateral damage concerns. The rules of engagement dictate against any action likely to result in heavy civilian casualties. For this reason an alternative option has been selected that decreases the risk to the civilian population. A team of special forces is to be inserted in order to locate and eliminate these enemy commanders at <marker name='obj1'>Montignac</marker>. Their task is to infiltrate covertly towards the target area before assaulting the building where the meeting is taking place. After the targets have been eliminated, the team is to fall back to the <marker name='obj2'>insertion point</marker> for exfiltration by boat.

]];

player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Enemy",

"The insurgent movement on Everon disposes of a number of full time fighters with generally low levels of military training. These forces can be supplemented by armed civilians sympathetic to their cause. As the latter do not wear uniform and cannot be easily distinguished from the non combattant general population, it is best to avoid all contact with indigenous civlians.

<br/>

<br/>

Although the insurgents are primarily a light infantry force equipped with small arms and light support weapons, they also have some light vehicles mounting crew served weapons at their disposal. Night vision devices are in short supply amongst the insurgents, but even this limited capability means infrared light discipline must be strictly adhered to in order to avoid premature detection.

<br/>

<br/>

The majority of insurgent fighters are deployed in villages and hamlets, a limited number of men is employed <marker name=patrols'>patrolling</marker> the woods and fields between settlements. Such patrols may be reinforced by reaction forces on guard duty in the villages.]];

player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Mission",

"Bravo team will eliminate insurgent leaders present at Montignac."]];

This briefing is kicked off by the init.sqf and/or initjipcompatible.sqf.

Example:

execVM "briefing.sqf";

One of the common problems with a briefing not showing up is due to mistakes made in the briefing.sqf. For example one may have put in a " where a ' is required in the marker names.

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

Regarding the tanks I understand. The waipoint is no "perfect" spot, just a rough position. Regarding the castle: Isn't it irritating that I am being told to go inside the castel tower and the waypoint is still pointing towards the campfire (AFTER I have spoken to the guy at the campfire)?

But maybe I just shouldn't compare OFPs (or Cold War Crisis respectively) wapoints with those from, say, Skyrim.