Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

^ Works thanks and It saved my campaign status!

On killdozer btw

Rescue, can't get past that BMP... To damn slow with ArmA 2's bounding-overwatch...

Is it possible to throw in Mobile SAM systems for each side? Here are 2 during the time period.

US: MIM-72 Chaparral

SOVIET: SA-9 Gaskin Sam

Just to be sure everyone knows: Vilas' P85 US Army units include the MIM-72 Chaparral in standard NATO woodland camouflage.

Also there's an SA-9 already available as a standalone addon. Come on people - have you forgotten that there's a search function?

Oldfag mode on\

Back in my (OFP) days I never asked for any addons because if it wasn't on ofpr info, it didn't exist.

We also didn't have all this SIX and STEAM(ing shite) fancy stuff. All done by hand and actually taking some brain effort to get shit done.

oldfag rant off/

Did OFP CWC/RES had such anti-air SAM vehicles or were they added later by addon/mod makers? Imo focus should be/stay on getting all the CWC/RES memories + feelings into A2OA as soon and smooth as possible. Btw thank you for update + hope you your take some time for an little R&R in one (or all?) of those pubs on CWR islands. Can't stop flying the Cobra.... :)

Our main goal is the stuff that came with OFP and Res, but we have other projects as well we want to do for our own missions (ie. the ones not converted from BI), or for our own pleasure. These projects aren't delaying the core content, as most things are done and the people doing stuff aren't the same people as the other people doing other stuff, if you get my meaning. Actually, the biggest delay probably comes from me being the leader and the sole modeller as well, since we have at least 1 modelling project still on the go.

Thanks for the comment about the cobra. I'm glad you enjoy it :)

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Rescue, can't get past that BMP... To damn slow with ArmA 2's bounding-overwatch...

That one's really hard. I passed it by taking the bmp out myself by finding an AT weapon among the dead Russians.

Edited by Max Power

Just completed the game awesome game from an awesome team ending cutscenes were amazing.

what is the changelog?

what is the changelog?

I wasn't provided with a changelog. There are many, many changes though.

edit: I have been informed that the changelogs are included in the zip files. I happen to know the changes included in 'various fixes and tweaks' are many.

Changelog v1.07
---------------
CHNGD : Various smaller fixes and tweaks
FIXED : All units have their original identities back, e.g. Kozlowski was a Medic not a Machine gunner
FIXED : Rolling Thunder - Task #3 was in German language
FIXED : Some overview pictures where too small, Mission 17 had old OFP overview picture (thanks Danil-ch)

Changelog v1.08
---------------
ADDED : Status Quo - Small cutscene when Nicholls disembarks from the boat
CHNGD : Disabled teamswitch for all Missions
CHNGD : Even more various smaller fixes and tweaks
FIXED : Status Quo - Sometimes the boat with Nicholls was not moving to the coast

CWR² MISSIONS - JUNE 1, 2013

ADDED : CWR² SP 30 - SNIPER, found in our old Xbox sources folder
ADDED : CWR² SP 31 - Ð¥Ñви-метал, Xbox Heavy Metal version with switched sides :-)

CWR² SP 05 - HEAVY METAL
------------------------
CHNGD : Added some animations to units at the starting place

CWR² SP 15 - HMMWV
------------------
FIXED : Intro scene got some awesomeness ;-)

CWR² SP 17 - CONVOY
-------------------
CHNGD : Removed two T-72 tanks
CHNGD : Removed allowfleeing 0 from East units
CHNGD : Disabled debug mode
CHNGD : Various smaller fixes (thanks OMAC)

CWR² SP 18 - BATTLEFIELDS
-------------------------
CHNGD : Replaced M60 Tank with Bradley as in the original
CHNGD : Reduced trigger timeouts so mission plays a little bit faster
ADDED : Trigger that ejects paratroopers when Helicopter is damaged
CHNGD : Teleporting of reinforcement infantry to make them appear a bit faster
CHNGD : Removed a reinforcement BMP
CHNGD : US crew stays in demobilized tanks

CWR² SP 20 - WAR CRY
--------------------
FIXED : Briefing and Notes section titles had no stringtable entries

CWR² SP 22 - UNDER THE HILL
---------------------------
CHNGD : End1 is activated when less than 5 Russians are in a 850x950 area
CHNGD : shortened barrage a bit (10 shells, 5 secs delay)
FIXED : Second wave was not activated

CWR² SP 25 - AIRPORT RAID
-------------------------
ADDED : Added blue marker showing heliport boundary
ADDED : Added CWR² Helipad, added Patrol at Heliport
CHNGD : Overview picture shows now the correct Model
FIXED : Mission was not marked as completed
FIXED : Outro script failed to run because of scripting error
FIXED : Second objective was not marked as completed

CWR² SP 26 - BATTLEFIELDS II
----------------------------
CHNGD : savegame trigger was activated repeatedly
CHNGD : trigger checking now if reinforcements have less than 2 men left alive
CHNGD : Reduced timeout by 10 secs on task activation triggers
FIXED : Mission was not marked as complete

CWR² SP 31 - ХЭВИ-МЕТÐЛ
-----------------------
FIXED : Tasks were not marked as completed/failed

COOP RESCUE SERGEI
------------------
All changes courtesy of Psychobastard, thanks!
ADDED : Create a music trigger
ADDED : Create a short info hint about the delay at missions start
ADDED : Define the localities for client and server in the hole mission
CHNGD : Activate the intro strings
CHNGD : Disable cwr2 snow module cause it dont work, replace it with the BI-effect module for snow
CHNGD : Removed random weather lobby parameter cause no function work behind this param
CHNGD : Replace "say" with "say3D"
FIXED : Sergei wasnt killed after the deadline

Edited by Max Power

I just made an awesome campaign based sp mission on Malden at the Airport. But need help turning it into objectives etc. for SP. How can I upload it for you to see?

The Story:

There are a few soldiers and tank crew personal still left on Malden after most are assaulting Everon now. ALL of the vehicles are stationed at the airport ready to leave the island. The Russians were pushed to the North west in the original campaign map of Malden, now the die hard rattled pocket of soviets up there is assaulting the airport on Malden and it is the last offense from soviets on Malden. Can you repel the attack?

Edited by Vobbnobb

Absolutely. You have to make your wheels in your geolod part of the dampers named selection. This problem will happen if they wheels in the geolod are spinning.

Cheers! :)

I just made an awesome campaign based sp mission on Malden at the Airport. But need help turning it into objectives etc. for SP. How can I upload it for you to see?

The Story:

There are a few soldiers and tank crew personal still left on Malden after most are assaulting Everon now. ALL of the vehicles are stationed at the airport ready to leave the island. The Russians were pushed to the North west in the original campaign map of Malden, now the die hard rattled pocket of soviets up there is assaulting the airport on Malden and it is the last offense from soviets on Malden. Can you repel the attack?

I think it's great that you are inspired to make a new campaign for our mod. Unfortunately, we have our hands full with our own missions and we can't commit to help you to complete your own stuff. I suggest that if you need help to realize your creative vision, that you should post in the editing \ missions & scripting forum. I think you'll find the community at large very helpful. Don't hesitate to come to us if you need any CWR 2 specific support.

That one's really hard. I passed it by taking the bmp out myself by finding an AT weapon among the dead Russians.

I managed to elude the BiMP by neutralizing the Russian stragglers outside of the vilage.

SP 23 Rat hole - the attack on enemy base task never completes,

SP 31 Heavy Metal - Second task never completes (last loon to find?), mission cant/wont end

Some bugs:

KA-50 and m113 medic, when pushing 4 and 6 on keypad to get 3rd person views of vehicle of right or left, the 3rd person views don't go fully right or left.

Edited by Vobbnobb

SP 23 Rat hole - the attack on enemy base task never completes

The "Destroy enemy armored units" task completes normally using latest mission pack (see image below). The 4 crewless M1A1 imperialist tanks on the hillside often go unnoticed........ Nail them.

You can see two of them in the screenshot - along with rocket craters and another one burning

24abb4260597130.jpg

Note that this mission was substantially changed a few months back. The Hind will no longer stupidly fly over the base on first pass and get blown up. He will let loose his guided AT missiles from range, as any sensible Hind pilot would do.... ;)

Edited by OMAC

New CWC version available.

This version contains some fixes for Air Superiority. Thanks be to w0lle!

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_1985_v109.zip

First post updated.

----

Thanks for the bug reports! If you have a chance, check out the CWR2 Community Bug Tracker and help us keep organized.

Edited by Max Power

New CWC version available.

This version contains some fixes for Air Superiority. Thanks be to w0lle!

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_1985_v109.zip

First post updated.

----

Thanks for the bug reports! If you have a chance, check out the CWR2 Community Bug Tracker and help us keep organized.

well, it seems tradition keeps on even after w0lle gone MIA...

so another great gaming session with autosave while aborting will perrish, due to another sneaky campaing release...

revert once more.

w0lle, we miss you!

He's probably cleaning out his hard drive :p

His contact list in the first place I'm afraid :)

LJ

SP 31 Heavy Metal - Second task never completes (last loon to find?), mission cant/wont end

The mission ends normally. Just make sure that all US troops (within 200m of base) and armor (within 500m of base) have been neutralized.

79edd8260723663.jpg

His contact list in the first place I'm afraid :)

LJ

Nooooooooooo!

In "Conquerers", played on a windows dedicated server, the Support truck can be called, and a radio response is played, but they never seem to move out from their initial starting position.

Wonderful mission! I don't remember it from OFP, but I wish there were more tank missions like that for Arma 2...