Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Please remove the teamswitch function. As of now anyone can anytime press the teamswith and then you will have a GPS showing your location and what not.

Can you please elabourate?

I dont know if this is related but you could remove the "host" feature also as it's SP only campaign.

Thank you :)

It has come up before and I don't know if it's possible. When I say 'I' I mean the guy who is actually responsible for this kind of stuff, which is not me.

Beta R3 has just resigned.

This means unfortunately that the CWR2 folder on your hard drive can't continue. In the meantime, we hope that beta R5 is up to the challenge of filling its considerable footprint in both quality and in terms of hard disk space. It has been made clear to me by R5 that this situation is temporary and we will be looking for a suitable permanent replacement as time goes on.

If you're wondering where R4 is, he didn't get past the second interview.

Download from our home, Arma2.fr: http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_beta_r5.rar

Changelog:

Changelog Beta R5
-----------------

FIXED : BRDM 2 Penetration materials and hitpoints
ADDED : New helicopter: (cwr2_mi17_unarmed)
FIXED : Jeep YJs do not run on diesel fuel
FIXED : External Camera positions for M151s
FIXED : URALs hopping when on bridges or other surfaces with a GEOLOD
ADDED : new weapon: .45 caliber uzi SD (cwr2_uzi_45_sd)
CHNGD : Rates of fire for some machine pistols
CHGND : Destruction type of the AH64C
FIXED : Incorrect damagehide for AH64C
CHNGD : MP5SD rate of fire
FIXED : Using the iron sights on the skorpion causes the player to see his own shoulder
FIXED : Pistol magazine define issue for us officers
FIXED : String table for groups now reflects 1980s nomenclature for cobras (AH-1S (MC))
FIXED : Soldier inheritance issues causing soldiers to always be reported as MAN
FIXED : Performance fixed for AK rifles (section reduction)
CHNGD : Specular properties / diffuse colour reduced on the Cessna 172 to reduce glare
ADDED : New helicopter: (cwr2_uh1)
ADDED : New APC: (cwr2_btr60) - Thanks Stagler

Edited by Max Power

Never thought bad news could be so great!!!

FIXED : BRDM 2 Penetration materials and hitpoints - shweet.

ADDED : New helicopter: (cwr2_mi17_unarmed) - good.

FIXED : Jeep YJs do not run on diesel fuel - so we can refuel them where?

FIXED : External Camera positions for M151s - uber fast fix!

FIXED : URALs hopping when on bridges or other surfaces with a GEOLOD - always forgot to report this one...

ADDED : new weapon: .45 caliber uzi SD (cwr2_uzi_45_sd) - not a fan of UZIs...

CHNGD : Rates of fire for some machine pistols - hm...

CHGND : Destruction type of the AH64C - explain?

FIXED : Incorrect damagehide for AH64C - explain?

CHNGD : MP5SD rate of fire - mp5 is weak...

FIXED : Using the iron sights on the skorpion causes the player to see his own shoulder - although supperior to pistols, but i never liked it.

FIXED : Pistol magazine define issue for us officers - explain?

FIXED : String table for groups now reflects 1980s nomenclature for cobras (AH-1S (MC)) - max power at it's best.

FIXED : Soldier inheritance issues causing soldiers to always be reported as MAN - always wondered why it happened...

FIXED : Performance fixed for AK rifles (section reduction) - explain?

CHNGD : Specular properties / diffuse colour reduced on the Cessna 172 to reduce glare - James Gastowski love.

ADDED : New helicopter: (cwr2_uh1) - fits era.

ADDED : New APC: (cwr2_btr60) - Thanks Stagler - nice, though old for that era.

So you want to know about the changelog, eh? No doubt it will be much more boring than you had imaged :p

FIXED : Jeep YJs do not run on diesel fuel - so we can refuel them where?

It's a sound effects fix.

ADDED : new weapon: .45 caliber uzi SD (cwr2_uzi_45_sd) - not a fan of UZIs...

I saw that the uzi and mp5 were very similar in terms of traits, so I created an addition class of submachinegun that with a slower, wider diameter round with a lower rate of fire and more kick to give mission makers more to play with, and to get more out of the excellent uzi model that was given to us.

CHGND : Destruction type of the AH64C - explain?

FIXED : Incorrect damagehide for AH64C - explain?

There was a problem with the antenna sticking around after the vehicle was destroyed.

FIXED : Pistol magazine define issue for us officers - explain?

We use includes and a list of common defines in a .h file. Some of those defines are 'macros' for magazine loads. One of the pistol magazine defines for the officer didn't exist due to a typo.

FIXED : Performance fixed for AK rifles (section reduction) - explain?

The ak models had more texture / material combinations than were necessary leading to quite a massive section count. Sections are seemingly the most important factor in model performance.

ADDED : New APC: (cwr2_btr60) - Thanks Stagler - nice, though old for that era.

In 1990, there were 4,000 BTR-60s in service in the Soviet Union :)

Edited by Max Power

In 1990, there were 4,000 BTR-60s in service in the Soviet Union :)

I know, they are used even today, though mostly as antenas and were even upgraded...

but nevermind :) glad that at least 60 made it.

any news when six will have latest build for spreading (i didn't mean legs...)? :D

Beta R3 has just resigned.

YOUVE JUST BEEN REVOKED!

Cheers Max.

Sickboy says the six updater package should be refreshing as we speak.

Nice, keep it coming! :)

FIXED : URALs hopping when on bridges or other surfaces with a GEOLOD

I know it's probably a bit off topic, but could you maybe share your solution? I have this on one of the models I'm using too.

Cheers,

D.

Nice, keep it coming! :)

I know it's probably a bit off topic, but could you maybe share your solution? I have this on one of the models I'm using too.

Cheers,

D.

Absolutely. You have to make your wheels in your geolod part of the dampers named selection. This problem will happen if they wheels in the geolod are spinning.

Can you please elabourate?

Press teamswitch and the list with playable units come up. To the left of that list you have a small map with the units location, in this case it's only one as it is SP. Can still be used though to get your exact location like a GPS.

On this screenshot I'm playing mission 'Saboteur' - CWC. The green circle is my exact location and you can see it next to the 'Insertion point' marker.

teamswitch.jpg

I found a bug when you send a member up a guard tower the person does not go all the way inside of it just stands on top of ladder.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Is it possible to throw in Mobile SAM systems for each side? Here are 2 during the time period.

US Chaparral_Mim-72.jpg MIM-72 Chaparral

SOVIET 300px-Soviet_SA-9_Gaskin.jpg SA-9 Gaskin Sam

Press teamswitch and the list with playable units come up. To the left of that list you have a small map with the units location, in this case it's only one as it is SP. Can still be used though to get your exact location like a GPS.

On this screenshot I'm playing mission 'Saboteur' - CWC. The green circle is my exact location and you can see it next to the 'Insertion point' marker.

This is actually default behaviour of the game, not a CWR2 feature introduced specifically for the mod and/or its missions.

Regards,

Sander

This is actually default behaviour of the game, not a CWR2 feature introduced specifically for the mod and/or its missions.

Regards,

Sander

Wtf... That is far from good. Ok BIS, fix it. I thought that menu only was present when you defined something or you had more than 1 playable slot in the same team.

Ok, less for CWR-team to do so that's good :)

I found a bug when you send a member up a guard tower the person does not go all the way inside of it just stands on top of ladder.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Is it possible to throw in Mobile SAM systems for each side? Here are 2 during the time period.

US http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/Chaparral_Mim-72.jpg MIM-72 Chaparral

SOVIET http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/Soviet_SA-9_Gaskin.jpg/300px-Soviet_SA-9_Gaskin.jpg SA-9 Gaskin Sam

or SA-13 Gopher, heck, soviets had a lot more than this, though with short-to-medium range...

New withSIX problem

http://s4.postimg.org/8cut8rbwd/prob.jpg (181 kB)

Host list exhausted..

Same problem over here...

here goes another campaigns release... i hope with more fixes (can't think of any right now, but there should be, just to keep cwr boys busy) :)

There's quite a lot of mission and campaign related fixes in the pipe already. Don't you worry about it.

We don't really have access to anything Playwithsix related so we can't help you troubleshoot that error. Perhaps you should report those errors in the Playwithsix project thread. I can certainly let Sickboy know but first I have to read it :p A faster line of communication would probably be directly to Sickboy or to his thread instead of through one of us as a middleman.

At this point in the project I don't think we're going to be starting any brand new art projects so the addition of new vehicles is unlikely. Contrasted with the reskins we were doing, I can do one of those in an hour or two if I'm bored and the UH-1 was something we were talking about for a while. It's just unfortunate that it doesn't have the proper markings or m60s on it. That said, air defense missile systems is something we've been talking about as well so we'll see.

Edited by Max Power

That said, air defense missile systems is something we've been talking about as well so we'll see.

I did ask Vilas for his Strela-10M (gopher) as part of a cwr2 expansion im doing. But to date as per he has ignored my message.

Did OFP CWC/RES had such anti-air SAM vehicles or were they added later by addon/mod makers? Imo focus should be/stay on getting all the CWC/RES memories + feelings into A2OA as soon and smooth as possible. Btw thank you for update + hope you your take some time for an little R&R in one (or all?) of those pubs on CWR islands. Can't stop flying the Cobra.... :)

@up

No, i OFP we had only M163 and Shilka, and AA launchers: Stinger and Striela. There was no AA vehicles with AA launchers.

To people with Play WithSix the campaign is now gone from the mod unlike the previous version, and I was right in the middle of playing it :mad:

To people with Play WithSix the campaign is now gone from the mod unlike the previous version, and I was right in the middle of playing it :mad:

Just download it from the first post and stick it in the <<Campaigns>> folder.

^ Works thanks and It saved my campaign status!

On killdozer btw