Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

What beta is recommended to use when I play CWR2?

I finally got past the mission where I am to help the guerilla. I ended up as cargo instead of driver and the AI took the right route (not allowed to turn left into the gravel road it seems).

Now I'm stuck at "undercover" at the first cutscene where my front passenger gets out to talk to the russian check point (he will offer some vodka if I remember right?). He jumps out from the truck, takes a few steps and stops. Then nothing happens. I restarted 3 times and same thing.

So as people have played this campaign through and I get stuck now and then I wonder what beta I should use? From what I read CBA got some problems with the latest.

Can anyone please try CWC v1.06 mission "undercover" just to see if it's a bug or on my side? It's just to drive down the gravel road until you get to the cutscene. The only addons I use are CBA and JSRS.

Thanks.

AFAIK know, the best beta to play would be the latest. According to my recently inherited information, we are not aware of any problems with Undercover. CWA shouldn't cause problems with the mod, but I would recommend you revert the mission and try without CWA to confirm it's our bug.

cwr2_canard_sm.jpg

Large Version

Today we’re releasing our next bonus expansion. Here is what the author, Jakerod, has to say about it:

Canard Island is a scaled down version of Norfolk Island in the Pacific Ocean. The name Canard (french: Duck) is somewhat

of an in-joke between CWR2 members (the duck part that is). The names of the various parts of the island and the towns located

on it are based off of real places on Norfolk Island.

Unlike some of our other DLCs, Canard Island is a Cold War Rearmed² exclusive, and requires the mod to work. The package includes a mission by Mr. W0lle himself as a thank you for the support you've shown.

As always: Please report all issues you may encounter at our Community Bugtracker.

Download link: http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_canard_v100.rar

Edited by Max Power

Wow thanks CWR team. That's an awesome surprise. I love Jakerods work. Downloading now. Thanks to Wolle for that mission.

cheers

Thanks CWR team. For Canard, I wanted to place some units on the map and then I realized, it is not possible. I can not select units, I cannot choose blufor/opfor/empty, all dropdowns are empty. Probably my mistake. What am I doing wrong?

Tested with this setup:

-mod=EXPANSION;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;BAF;@CBA_CO;@CWR2"

Another community hero walks into the sunset. You'll be remembered W0lle. Though I hope we'll see you again. If not, then good luck in your future endeavors.

Thanks for keeping CWR alive all these years, as well as keeping these forums in check.

Salute!

AFAIK know, the best beta to play would be the latest. According to my recently inherited information, we are not aware of any problems with Undercover. CWA shouldn't cause problems with the mod, but I would recommend you revert the mission and try without CWA to confirm it's our bug.

Thank you for the help. It wasn't your bug. I updated to latest beta and disabled the mods and it works just fine.

As I want to play with JSRS I also updated the CBA and I had to use an updated test cba common.pbo due to the latest beta. Now it all work as intended.

For me it's time to move on to something else where I feel welcome. All the best to each of you, it was fun and a pleasure to be in this great community.

Now that makes me curious what you are saying with "something else where I feel welcome". That does not sound positive for me. Hmmm.

Edited by tortuosit

Thanks CWR team. For Canard, I wanted to place some units on the map and then I realized, it is not possible. I can not select units, I cannot choose blufor/opfor/empty, all dropdowns are empty. Probably my mistake. What am I doing wrong?

Tested with this setup:

-mod=EXPANSION;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;BAF;@CBA_CO;@CWR2"

There are issues with current OA beta 104648 and CBA (see beta thread). A new CBA is being developed and tested, I believe. Why do you need CBA to play CWR2? I'd just disable CBA and see where that gets you.

Thanks OMAC! I thought it was necessary for CWR2 and left it for a minimal test setup. I usually use JSRS, that's why I have it then...

W0lle: gutted to hear this. Although I'm don't really know why, I really hope that you'll return one day. With A3 here but immature, the A2 community needs support more than ever. The best of luck in your future endeavours.

Thanks OMAC! I thought it was necessary for CWR2 and left it for a minimal test setup. I usually use JSRS, that's why I have it then...

Just use the beta from before, i.e. ARMA2_OA_Build_103718.

That way you get all the fixes from the last 10 months (when are we going to get 1.63?) and you can still run JSRS and other mods that require CBA (the vast majority).

Incidentally I can't wait for an updated CBA!

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/media/images/cwr2_canard_sm.jpg

Large Version

Today we’re releasing our next bonus expansion. Here is what the author, Jakerod, has to say about it:

Unlike some of our other DLCs, Canard Island is a Cold War Rearmed² exclusive, and requires the mod to work. The package includes a mission by Mr. W0lle himself as a thank you for the support you've shown.

As always: Please report all issues you may encounter at our Community Bugtracker.

Download link: http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_canard_v100.rar

I'm digging this, but despite activating the addon, I can't access the mission. How do I do that?

I'm digging this, but despite activating the addon, I can't access the mission. How do I do that?

Operation Cupid Arc is in the mpmissions folder in the archive. You need to extract that file to your armaroot\mpmissions folder, or your windowsprofile\arma2\mpmissions folder.

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Thanks for the mirror! Link added to first post.

I ported Escape Chernarus to Trinity. My port uses CWR² units, weapons and vehicles. Come to taste.

Thank you Dystopian! I wish you make it SP friendly!

I've got around to testing it, and I must say I love it. The only problem seems to be that OFP:Resistance campaign doesn't play well with JTD fire and smoke (ammo trucks I had to capture burned down).

Also, I've got a few complaints about the Trabant. Namely, it makes 60mph in less than a minute, it actually makes 60mph without falling apart, it can survive a collision and doesn't belch gray smoke from it's exhaust pipe. :) If you're going to have the Trabant, you could as well try to replicate it's "unique" features.

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, with so many things in Arma, I'm afraid the engine is not sophisticated enough to properly simulate all of the advanced features of the Trabant. Perhaps one day we will have the computer power necessary. Arma 3 has physx, but unfortunately it also lacks many necessary features, such as an emotional system that simulates panic in your passengers as you approach a highway, or the shame and denial complex of waiting for years on a list to purchase the worst car made by human beings.

Lol the CWR2 Trabant lacks many things especially the sound if you try to push it up to 140km/h - downhill... If one has to wait XX years to buy his own car he has to love it somehow - thanks to politics and economy. "emotional system that simulates panic in your passengers" - pfff, sissy's don't take risks and have no fun! :D

i hope this is the right place for a mission question:

i got to "interdiction", where you [as Gastowski] have to blow up the tanks and communicate with team "Two" and "Three" sending alpha command.

The two tanks and many soldiers are dead, the teams are ready but i can't send them the alpha command, there is only

0:reply and 5:status in the communications menu.

Anybody have this too?

i thought in the original you had 9:radio and then send "alpha"?

A little help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jelle.

@up

You must wait few minutes for your teammates. When they be ready they will send you radio message. After this you can use radio 0-0- to give them order to blow up tanks.

After both of the other black operators have laid their charges and radioed in, you should get a radio alpha option to blow the charges. To trigger radio alpha, press 0-0-1.