Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

For anybody who is interested. It is now possible to add beret textures to the British units that are wearing them. The setobjecttexture command just needs the relevant path to the texture.paa in the files. There is a small list below.

this setobjecttexture [2,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Rifles_beret_co.paa"]; - Rifles Regt/ Royal Marines Green Beret.

this setobjecttexture [2,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Para_beret_co.paa"]; - Parachute Regt Beret.

this setobjecttexture [3,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Riflesbadge_co.paa"]; - Rifles Cap Badge.

this setobjecttexture [3,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\RMbadge_co.paa"]; - Royal Marines Cap Badge.

this setobjecttexture [3,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Parabadge_co.paa"]; - Parachute Regt Cap Badge.

Enjoy.

Edited by colonel stagler

For anybody who is interested. It is now possible to add beret textures to the British units that are wearing them. The setobjecttexture command just needs the relevant path to the texture.paa in the files. There is a small list below.

this setobjecttexture [2,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Rifles_beret_co.paa"]; - Rifles Regt/ Royal Marines Green Beret.

this setobjecttexture [2,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Para_beret_co.paa"]; - Parachute Regt Beret.

this setobjecttexture [3,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Riflesbadge_co.paa"]; - Rifles Cap Badge.

this setobjecttexture [3,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\RMbadge_co.paa"]; - Royal Marines Cap Badge.

this setobjecttexture [3,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Parabadge_co.paa"]; - Parachute Regt Cap Badge.

Enjoy.

Thx. And

this setobjecttexture [1,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Old_DPM_Pants_co.paa"];

gives them a DPM trousers instead of the khaki one. The beret rifleman by default comes with khaki trousers ( ca\characters2\indepins\data\khaki_co.paa ).

William

As William has said. You can also change the smocks and pants too :)

Trousers

this setobjecttexture [1,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Old_DPM_Pants_co.paa"]; - 1970(ish) Pattern DPM

this setobjecttexture [1,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\New_DPM_Pants_co.paa"]; - 1985 Pattern DPM

Jackets

this setobjecttexture [0,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\Old_DPM_Jacket_co.paa"]; - 1970(ish) Pattern DPM

this setobjecttexture [0,"\cwr2\expansions\cwr2_uk\data\New_DPM_Jacket_co.paa"]; - 1985 Pattern DPM

British units are awesome! Found config error and made ticket for it :) Are you guys planning some air like Falklands era Lynx?

An chance for some screenshots of the British units?

British units are awesome! Found config error and made ticket for it :) Are you guys planning some air like Falklands era Lynx?

Yes. If you look in the units there is pilot in there. It is ready for me to plug a reskin of the CH-47 as the HC2 Chinook when its done. In the works for the next version is obviously fixes, and im working on a scimitar, scorpion and fv432 Rarden alongside Davids.

An chance for some screenshots of the British units?

Here are some from Williams planned assault website. I cant take screenshots because of Windows 8 (LOL).

http://www.plannedassault.com/images/screenshots/a2_british_infantry_and_fv432.jpg

http://www.plannedassault.com/images/screenshots/a2_sas_w_bergens_inserted.jpg

http://www.plannedassault.com/images/screenshots/a2_british_infantry_moving_up_after_debussing.jpg

A lot of people was asking and waiting for Red Hammer campaign in English version.

Check -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154754-Red-Hammer-Campaign&p=2391921#post2391921

@W0lle

Maybe a good idea would be to add a link to this campaign in the first post. In the place where they are

CWR² Coop pack by Sander and VanhA's CWR² COOP Pack

Edited by tom3kb

I have a question about the Resistance campaign. I'm currently doing the Hostages mission, and I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but are tanks supposed to come after a period of time, or only when they're alerted? I remember in CWR for ArmA I that if they were alerted, the rescue mission fails and it becomes an extract mission. I'm not getting that here.

Yes. If you look in the units there is pilot in there. It is ready for me to plug a reskin of the CH-47 as the HC2 Chinook when its done. In the works for the next version is obviously fixes, and im working on a scimitar, scorpion and fv432 Rarden alongside Davids.

Hi Col Stagler, great news about the Chinoock HC-2, let me know if you need Falklands camo (The same as Konyo's Bravo-November part of Project82 addons).

Nice improvement also the berets color and badges (Paras, RM etc...) but again I think you should change the beret model, and why not, adding a soldier with Para helmet.

Anyway as soon as I can I will upload to Armaholic ULOTC campaign complete with latest addons, and an armaholic dedicated thread for comments and suggestion.

Carry on the great work !

A lot of people was asking and waiting for Red Hammer campaign in English version.

Check -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154754-Red-Hammer-Campaign&p=2391921#post2391921

@W0lle

Maybe a good idea would be to add a link to this campaign in the first post. In the place where they are

CWR² Coop pack by Sander and VanhA's CWR² COOP Pack

Danke! :D

Did I tell you CWR2 team how much I loved you? No?

I love you! :inlove:

I have a question about the Resistance campaign. I'm currently doing the Hostages mission, and I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but are tanks supposed to come after a period of time, or only when they're alerted? I remember in CWR for ArmA I that if they were alerted, the rescue mission fails and it becomes an extract mission. I'm not getting that here.

During testing, the BMPs and reinforcing troops always came after a while no matter what (unless you never fire a shot, which is not possible), and the rescue task would not fail, but would complete if you are in the village and most or all opfor there are dead. Essentially you have to wipe out all BMPs or they will follow you into the forest and cause havoc and death (sometimes they find you even after you have cleared hilltop base and are proceeding to exfil point). It was a very difficult mission before the configs were changed to allow BMP + crew kills with one RPG shot, let me tell you. :-o

During testing, the BMPs and reinforcing troops always came after a while no matter what (unless you never fire a shot, which is not possible), and the rescue task would not fail, but would complete if you are in the village and most or all opfor there are dead. Essentially you have to wipe out all BMPs or they will follow you into the forest and cause havoc and death (sometimes they find you even after you have cleared hilltop base and are proceeding to exfil point). It was a very difficult mission before the configs were changed to allow BMP + crew kills with one RPG shot, let me tell you. :-o

Was that config very similar to what you guys put for Occupation? I recall taking out a BMP with just one RPG round. I thought most BMPs needed two shots in vanilla ArmA, and then moreso with ACE.

CWC mission Rescue. I arrived to the FIA camp with the truck, my group and civilians onboard, but nothing happens. I drove around for a bit, jump out, get in and so on. Nothing. Then I took the truck back to the village and found one dead civilian. Does that matter?

Was that config very similar to what you guys put for Occupation? I recall taking out a BMP with just one RPG round. I thought most BMPs needed two shots in vanilla ArmA, and then moreso with ACE.

W0lle implemented that config change for all of CWR2 after testing was complete to make gameplay more like OFP. Before that, A2 BMP configs were in place, requiring two shots.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

CWC mission Rescue. I arrived to the FIA camp with the truck, my group and civilians onboard, but nothing happens. I drove around for a bit, jump out, get in and so on. Nothing. Then I took the truck back to the village and found one dead civilian. Does that matter?

This mission has caused trouble for the team, and has gone through many revisions. The mission should end at FIA camp with a cutscene. Did you get out of the truck and go right up to the commander by the tents? It worked for me.

@ andersson

I played Rescue in CWC v1.03. No problems with that mission then.

Did you drive this truck to resistance camp? When i was playing one of AI was driving. I remember that when we were close to resistance camp (on road), all guys get out from truck. Few seconds later we was attacked by some russians soldiers that come to our position in truck. When we kill them, all civilians and resistance fighters (plus me) go on foot to camp. Few seconds later there was cutscene. All was like in this movie

Edited by tom3kb

I played rescue just yesterday. The problem I had with this Mission is that the enemy patrol almost always detected my guys right at mission start (I guess while they were going prone during the black screen at the start of the Mission.) I had to edit the Mission and turn the patrol in the opposite direction at Mission start.

@andersson You are not supposed to drive the truck to the camp! You must leave it on the road and walk the rest. Maybe you will want to enable waypoints to see where you have to leave it.

Ok. I play without WPs and have always taken the shortest route to the camp. I tried to take the gravel road but I never got the order to dismount. Maybe I should drive it all the way on the road?

Will revert and try again. Thanks for the tips.

It does not matter who drives the truck. The mission ended just fine when I drove the truck down the road until I was ordered to get out, and also when one of the Resistance guys was driving it.

You can even drive the truck to the camp if you want to, the only important thing is that the player arrives there and the area around the camp is free of Russians. If you're at the tents/campfire then you're inside the mission end trigger.

I played rescue just yesterday. The problem I had with this Mission is that the enemy patrol almost always detected my guys right at mission start (I guess while they were going prone during the black screen at the start of the Mission.) I had to edit the Mission and turn the patrol in the opposite direction at Mission start.

From our readme:

Any modification of the included content (models, configs, campaigns, SP or MP Missions) is strictly prohibited. Personal use or not.

The mission works just fine if you don't increase the viewdistance, or use some AI improvement Mods. I played that mission god knows how many times by now and never was detected by the enemy at mission start!

The ULOTC campaign (Operation Ignition) for ArmA 2 - CWR2 is out !

You can find it and download at :

http://www.armaholic.com/

Readme file and list of needed addons included.

Enjoy !

@cimalex

Cool :) I played ULOTC in OFP times, nice surprise.

@cimalex

In readme you write that we need "Konyo CH-47 Bravo November is also required in a couple of missions"

There is no info on armaholic that we need this addon.

Edited by tom3kb