Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

I could add more restrictions for that. Currently added members could include one medic at max. I will do the same for MG's, snipers/marksman and AT-soldiers.

I noticed I had forgot to remove default gear from many resistance trucks/crates. I will work on those too.

Edited by SaOk

I think we should also have some AT weapons in ammo crates in base in this mission (maybe 1or 2 mines, satchel charge and/or maybe 1 or 2 AT launchers). I screw up earlier mission ;) i take only 1 rpg with 2 rockets so i dont have almost any chance to stop that convoy. Now i must restart earlier mission to collect weapons and play two missions one more time. Its not the best solution.

Currently added members could include one medic at max.

About ~75-80% of the time, there is no medic at all. It would be nice if a medic was present more frequently, but certainly not necessary.

Ok, I change it to have at least one medic in group and total 2 at max.

About ~75-80% of the time, there is no medic at all. It would be nice if a medic was present more frequently, but certainly not necessary.

Do you mean if team member dies and gets replaced? Becouse in Blackwood you get 7 members; 2, 6, 7, 8 are rifleman, 5 is medic, 4 is AT and 3 is MG. Then in ammo low you get 2 additional random members and in Scrap you get 3 rifleman and 1 medic.

Do you mean if team member dies and gets replaced? Becouse in Blackwood..

Yes, I assume so. It seems like in most missions there was no medic, as I guess my medic was killed early on? What is Blackwood?

Awright. I know there is one SVD in ammo truck in Ammo Low but didnt find any in two missions before. Thanks anyway, keep up the good work.

Oh, I see that in Ammo Low you get two extra random soldiers (N0. 9 and 10). Can you make it just two rifleman?

I am pretty certain that you can't get SVD before ammo low mission, though in ammo low mission, you can get 2 SVDs, 1 from ammo truck which is in the convoy, the other one, via your 2 new guys. It just depends how lucky you'll be, to roll a marksman.

When I played ammo low with 1.05 resistance campaign, I rolled a marskman with SVD and Sniper with CZ550, sadly, I forgot to put on backpack on my medic in the briefing and had to revert the mission, never got lucky that much again... And that's good, because I don't immagine how you could harvest CZ550 ammo, when there are no such ammo crates in whole campaign (I might be wrong here, but I haven't seen such bullets in ammo crates).

In this mission whole squad is random, sometimes i have only riflemans. Sometimes 4 guys with MG, 2 snipers, 2 AT gunners ;)
No, the additional 2 guys which you get are random, the rest of your squad, depends on your swift action and heroism to defend the resistance camp from previous mission.
Do you mean if team member dies and gets replaced? Becouse in Blackwood you get 7 members; 2, 6, 7, 8 are rifleman, 5 is medic, 4 is AT and 3 is MG. Then in ammo low you get 2 additional random members and in Scrap you get 3 rifleman and 1 medic.
Just want to rephrase, max you can get is 7 guys, it depends on how fast you can kill soviet troops in the first seconds of defense.

P.S. all this was 1.05 resistance campaign memories.

I wish that all resistance guys had backpacks 'hardcoded', it's resistance, hiding in the woods, in nature, common sence. Though, the problems would start when you would want to pick up some MGs, AT weapons...

Edited by Gedis

@up

I finished that missiom where we defend Resistance camp only with 3 men. And then i restarted next mission ~20 times. I know that there are two extra random guys, sometimes 2 snipers etc. But the rest is also random, sometimes i have whole squad-only riflemans. And sometimes there was few MG gunners and many different combinations of soldiers.

CWC 1.05 combined arms: After disembarking and the group has moved to the first "stop", we are to wait for the command to move but it never comes. All groups and vehicles are just standing/idling. I have run around to see if I can trigger something and I also reported a few enemies but nothing. I have reverted a few times and always waited 5 min +. I also disabled my only mods JSRS soundmod, CBA, CBA_A2 and CBA_OA with the same result. Playing with beta 1.62.100697

edit: to see if it helped I updated to latest beta but then the mission wont start. I blame that on the beta.

Also tried without beta but with same result.

Here's my rpt. it seems like 'atak1' never becomes "true" due to some 'Error Missing ]'. The script looks fine though...

======================================================================= G:\Arma2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "G:\Arma2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash window world=empty skipintro showscripterrors

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2013/01/16 14:10:37

Current time: 2013/05/05 16:04:58

Version 1.62.100697

Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Camp/

Updating base class NewTurret->, by cwr2\cars\cwr2_brdm_config\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Car/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class ->NewTurret, by cwr2\cars\cwr2_trabant_config\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Car/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class cwr2_RPK->RPK_74, by jsrs_distance_c\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/cwr2_RPK74/

Updating base class GAU8->CannonCore, by jsrs_distance_c\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/cwr2_GAU8/

Updating base class MGun->TwinVickers, by jsrs_distance_c\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/cwr2_VickersMG/

File Campaigns\redhammer\description.ext, line 55: '/CfgIdentities/Fowley.face': Missing ';' at the end of line

[7285,43.928,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.189. MISSINIT: missionName=02_combinedarms, worldName=eden, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[7285,45.06,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon

Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl

cwr2\tanks\cwr2_t80\snorkelhide2.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

[7370,54.959,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[7370,54.979,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.190, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, "]

[7370,55.036,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=david, _playerType=cwr2_SoldierW", _playerGroup=B ALPHA, _playerVehicle=p1, _playerVehicleType="cwr2_Truck5t"]

Error in expression <darms.eden\scripts\attack.sqf"

[west, ""HQ""] sideRadio ""02r1"";

sleep 4;

atak>

Error position: <HQ""] sideRadio ""02r1"";

sleep 4;

atak>

Error Missing ]

File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\missions\02_combinedarms.eden\scripts\attack.sqf, line 1

[west, ""HQ""] sideRadio ""02r1"";

sleep 4;

atak>

Error position: <HQ""] sideRadio ""02r1"";

sleep 4;

atak>

Error Missing ]

File Campaigns\cwr2_1985\missions\02_combinedarms.eden\scripts\attack.sqf, line 1

and on and on with the same errors.....

Edited by andersson
rpt

So I finally had some time to play the resistance campaign :bounce3:

It´s awesome! Wonderfull job guys!

Issues:

First Mission: There was no way to see when the bus arrives (or I didn´t find it)

Shouldn´t there be a marker or some dialogue helping you to find your motorcycle?

Shouldn´t there be a task to get out of the city after the russian troops land?

second Mission:

The russians are supposed to execute one prisoner each minute, they didn´t do this.

I I choose to help the russians (wanted to see what happens then): After I arrive at the rebel camp a cutscene starts but no dialogue follows. cutscene doesn´t end and can´t be skipped.

If I equip my guys with AK-74 they will have their old VZ rifles at the beginning of the next mission. The AK-74 are then gone.

I already finished "Information" and found no other issues.

In the first mission, at the bus stop, you should see an option to "View bus timetable"

In the 3rd mission, I think it's the "Destroy Convoy and take the ammo truck" mission, I found that if you destroy the armor, hi-jack the ammo truck and make it back to base, missions ends with "Success" and goes into 4th mission.

Problem is, if you don't take out the second set of armor that comes soon afterwards, it will follow you up to the Camp, so in otherwords, 4th mission starts with those damn tanks coming on your ass and you cannot defeat them because there is no rgp unless it was a carry over from 3rd mission.

So, 3rd mission should NOT complete, ideally, until the second set of armor is destroyed

or

If you make it back with ammo truck BEFORE the armor shows up, should be a solid "SUCCEED", then 4th mission starts fresh.

4th mission, If I remember, is to make a choice to go solo or with your squad and steal some armor (tanks).

This should be checked into, if it hasn't already. Surprised other players have not notice this yet.

STill, great campaign and great work!

With every mission I play, the more I enjoy this mod.

Just finished SP Ambush, I don't think I ever completed this one back in OFP days. Picked up an RPK-74 off an enemy soldier (thanks for fixing the recoil btw:yay:) early on which was very helpful in making it down the hill towards Houdan. Our squad leader got taken out close to town so I picked up his m9 and put it to good use, gunning down 5 or 6 enemy soldiers at close quarters that had entered from the north east, felt like Lucky Luke with his 6-shooter lol. (M9 feels/sounds so awesome!, I don't remember ever making any kills with pistols back in OFP) Feelings of epic heroism quickly disappeared as I heard the squealing tracks of Russian armor rolling over the hill. There were only two of us left by then and we were ordered to retreat. I laughed though when command sent a lonely m113 up the road to Houdan after hearing about the advancing tanks. Poor bucket of scrap got blown to pieces as soon as it was in range of one of the T72's guns. Looking forward to playing that mission again and seeing if we can get a better outcome.

Oh man, does this madness ever stops? Fix one problem, create two new ones.

Clearly my fault here, hold on I pack and upload a new version within the next hour.

Edit: New CWC Version available in the first post.

Edited by W0lle

but isn't it worth it, the madness?

BIS employees developing (exclusive) AA3 by day and spending their nights with CWR2 exclusivelly rigged for AA2 (just like 3rd newton's law - action and reaction);

comunity strugling to provide you such a madness and at the same time, having a blast from the past.

I say it's more than worth it :)

Oh man, does this madness ever stops? Fix one problem, create two new ones.

Clearly my fault here, hold on I pack and upload a new version within the next hour.

Edit: New CWC Version available in the first post.

"Go go go!" :D

Damn it, I lost 4 good men on mission "Counterattack"

At least I managed to hit that damn Kamov with an RPG. It did a very nice Crash landing and the Pilot survived initially

At least I managed to hit that damn Kamov with an RPG. It did a very nice Crash landing and the Pilot survived initially

Thats an instant load/restart for me.

Thats an instant load/restart for me.

hehe for me too. I admire players that keep on playing although taking casualties. Good job Tonci.

New Beta R3 available:

CHNDG : BMP-1 External view FOV tweaked

CHNDG : M113/163 driver view is forced into optics to prevent the blurred view

CHNDG : More powerpoles near the roads on Everon

CHNDG : SVD and Huntingrifle are night vision compatible

FIXED : Damaged/destroyed Bradley had ‘glass textures’

FIXED : RPK-74 had no recoil

FIXED : Scope error with GAU-8

FIXED : Some dead bodies had visible artifacts in lower resolution LODs (thanks LODU)

FIXED : V80 had no vehicle name, it’s now ‘Gunship’

FIXED : Varta town name was not shown on Nogova map

British Armed Forces also updated to v1.04:

ADDED - Sterling SMG

FIXED - Small issues (berets, badges etc.)

Download links in first post.

Edited by W0lle

my advice:

there are 8 dshk stationary MGs in that mission, so you can place them where ever you want and order your guys to man them.

for me 6 was enough, I dissmantled 2 of those in the rear, and moved 2 stove and 2 dshk bags with a truck to the frontal line, where I had a captured bmp-2, T-72 and T-55 also manned and in line. Went far in front to detect gunships and there they went down in flames... after all those waves of enemy troops and gunships those 6 dshks had less than 50 bullets in the last belt(1 i think had barrelly 13 bullets left)... :) so try with 8, also no need to order to man driver seats for your armour when they are already driven to the defensive line by your self

Is there a patch/update version of Beta R3 so I dont have to download nearly 4GB?

No cause as said before we think it's easier to have one full download available instead of beta + numerous patches which can be confusing when there is more than one patch. We had that before with the demos and it was a nightmare to stay up to date.

If you want only small downloads, use PlaywithSix which updates only the modified files.

I see. Well, thanks for new version. Much obliged.