Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

The reason for "gray eyes" is because the face textures from CWR2 have colored eye holes. IIRC they need to be pitch black...

The reason for "gray eyes" is because the face textures from CWR2 have colored eye holes. IIRC they need to be pitch black...

Well, our faces are also the A2 ones. The only custom made faces/heads are the ones from Guba and Angelina.

Edit

We have a cwr2_faces.pbo but to my knowledge the faces are not used anywhere. And even with that pbo removed I still have the grey eyes. And to make it even more worse: They are present in vanilla Arma as well. Wasn't always like that though so I guess this "feature" was introduced with some of the recent patches.

Edit #2

New weapon config available as 'nightly build' here.

* SVD and Huntingrifle optics are night vision compatible.

Edited by W0lle

CWC Campaign bug

Mission: Hold Malden

After radio message to retreat my squad retreated but I stayed in port and killed everything. Then my squad returned to port and mission would not end. I went to retreat marker after but it didnt work. Had to use endmission cheat.

Janez

have you tried to play the mission in v1.02 or in the older version?

The retreating should be fixed in v1.02 and your squad is rushing to the North. Worked here in the editor preview at least.

Janez

The retreating should be fixed in v1.02 and your squad is rushing to the North. Worked here in the editor preview at least.

BTW I am not sure but 1.02 still lacks missions Killdozer and that one when you need to recon Kolgujev for 3 Shilkas.

concerning the base templates, I've made half of Everon so far.

Kolgujev shouldn't be long either, but Malden will definitely be.

Janez

1.02 (16th of April 2013) for sure. Although, I havent restarted whole campaign, just reverted the mission I was at before updating. Few missions before Hold Malden. But I think that shouldnt be a problem, or?

And my squad was rushing north but they came back to port as soon as I disabled/killed all the tanks. Maybe some kind of problem there?

By the way

I suppose that tanks never come in mission Defender if you kill the 1st UAZ?

1.02 (16th of April 2013) for sure. Although, I havent restarted whole campaign, just reverted the mission I was at before updating. Few missions before Hold Malden. But I think that shouldnt be a problem, or?

And my squad was rushing north but they came back to port as soon as I disabled/killed all the tanks. Maybe some kind of problem there?

:rofl:

Smart AI - no more tanks so it's safe to get back. :)

Very strange behavior though, the retreating is a move command now and no more a waypoint which could be reverted by a trigger.

Definitely not a problem on your side, reverting just the actual mission should be enough.

By the way

I suppose that tanks never come in mission Defender if you kill the 1st UAZ?

That's how it's supposed to be, but to be honest I'm not sure if it's built in. And if then mission should fail once detected by the UAZ so you don't wait for nothing.

Damian90

All the missions are still there. Nor has anything changed that could prevent them from being played.

That's how it's supposed to be, but to be honest I'm not sure if it's built in. And if then mission should fail once detected by the UAZ so you don't wait for nothing.

Hm, IIRC, mission did fail if detected in OPF, not sure either though. I shot up guys in UAZ and put a LAW in them for good measure :) and then hid in the bushes. Pressed x4 time and tanks never came. Ill try again without killing UAZ. For some reason I have the need to wipe whole map in CWR for each mission :D. Oh, btw, soon after I killed UAZ two man Soviet patrol came from same direction as UAZ.

It's the TPW ai. I had the same issue. For me, they would constantly bound from tree to tree taking 10 years to do anything, or they would get suppressed, and then stay on the ground either crawling to the objective, or just not moving anymore.

I'm using that mod and the missions run fine, amazing in fact.

Though I have to admit that Capulet's description is occasionally true.

So if I were you I'd junk tpwc_ai_suppress_304.pbo & tpw_ai_los_104.pbo and get the latest version (v4.5?) that was released in mid-Feb by TPW.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

@up

I remember that last time i played CWC and Resistance in OFP (in 2008 :) ). I finished each campaign in ~10 hours.

It could take a little longer if you use TPWC AI Suppression System but it'll be MUCH more fun!

It's the TPW ai. I had the same issue. For me, they would constantly bound from tree to tree taking 10 years to do anything, or they would get suppressed, and then stay on the ground either crawling to the objective, or just not moving anymore.

Thanks, it's not quite the same issue by the sounds of it, as for me it was just not triggering when I got to the end of the assault course but I'll avoid using those mods.

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

I'm using that mod and the missions run fine, amazing in fact.

Though I have to admit that Capulet's description is occasionally true.

So if I were you I'd junk tpwc_ai_suppress_304.pbo & tpw_ai_los_104.pbo and get the latest version (v4.5?) that was released in mid-Feb by TPW.

Hmm, maybe it was something else then. I'll try updating those anyway.

I've started it with "ACR;BAF;PMC;@CBA;@CBA_CO;@JSRS;@JSRS_ACR;@CWR2" (btw do I need to load ACR/BAF/PMC content?) - and at CWR Campaign start in Everon my comrades always go prone and stand up - is that normal Arma behaviour? I was under the impression it is some tpwc ai supression system, but that's not part of CWR I think?

Hm, IIRC, mission did fail if detected in OPF, not sure either though. I shot up guys in UAZ and put a LAW in them for good measure :) and then hid in the bushes. Pressed x4 time and tanks never came. Ill try again without killing UAZ. For some reason I have the need to wipe whole map in CWR for each mission :D. Oh, btw, soon after I killed UAZ two man Soviet patrol came from same direction as UAZ.

well, brother, you aren't alone, I'm doing the same on resistance campaign.

Actually, I'm cleaning even the insides of the vehicles too: I hit armour and helis in a way, so that the crews could bail and then the blood spills, heh, even when i capture the same vehicle they have bailed a second ago, poor fellous, but hey, they asked for it :)

any news regarding backpack transfer fix?

well, brother, you aren't alone, I'm doing the same on resistance campaign.

Actually, I'm cleaning even the insides of the vehicles too: I hit armour and helis in a way, so that the crews could bail and then the blood spills, heh, even when i capture the same vehicle they have bailed a second ago, poor fellous, but hey, they asked for it :)

any news regarding backpack transfer fix?

:cool:

So about mission Defender

It turns out that if you are actually spotted by UAZ you get radio message about this being a covert operation and mission fails I suppose. However if you take out UAZ without it spotting you, mission just gets stuck. Is there any trigger that requires UAZ patrol to get there or something?

Anyway, it works pretty much as intended, you just have to let it go :butbut:.

In later missions you are promoted to Lt. but in mission where you get your own squad you are Sgt.

Defender:

The tanks will not come if you get detected, or if the UAZ does not reach a certain position. This is a covert operation, the UAZ is not your target nor does he carry anything of use for you. Just leave the poor guys alone. :-)

And yes, if detected you got more evil Russians coming after you.

I've started it with "ACR;BAF;PMC;@CBA;@CBA_CO;@JSRS;@JSRS_ACR;@CWR2" (btw do I need to load ACR/BAF/PMC content?) - and at CWR Campaign start in Everon my comrades always go prone and stand up - is that normal Arma behaviour? I was under the impression it is some tpwc ai supression system, but that's not part of CWR I think?

1) remove @CBA from your startup line if you already have @CBA_CO

2) you don't need to load ACR/BAF/PMC content but it won't hurt, in fact if you load BAF content you'll get high-quality voices with British troops from CWR2 (there are none in the campaign but there are Brits in the standalone missions)

3) do yourself a favour and grab tpwcas, along with ASR AI and ScopeFX they're pretty much essential mods as they seriously enhance gameplay without significantly changing missions

Not sure what is causing these permanent waypoints. At least I have a mission name to work with now.

Edit: Found it, in some missions waypoints are shown in Recruit/Beginner mode. Going to hunt them down now, but please report all missions were permanent waypoints are shown on the map.

Airborne is for sure, I cant remember the other ones.

Moreover, there is not the mission "Recon" nor "Killdozer".

All my chopper missions are following each other.

Last thing: in mission "Incursion", the choppers at the base are locked whereas they were not in original game (I know it, I used them to complete the mission)

:mad: :banghead:

These missions are indeed not available. They are present of course but not in the list of missions.

"You idiot, why?" you may ask now - and I asked that myself for a while until I realized:

The campaign structure is still the one from CWR1 and thus the one from the Xbox campaign where these 2 missions were not included (for whatever reason).

I fixed that now, and also another glitch in which you could continue with the next mission even the current one failed.

I have 2 other small things I want to add or fix then I release the next version.

Sorry. :(

2) you don't need to load ACR/BAF/PMC content but it won't hurt, in fact if you load BAF content you'll get high-quality voices with British troops from CWR2 (there are none in the campaign but there are Brits in the standalone missions)

3) do yourself a favour and grab tpwcas, along with ASR AI and ScopeFX they're pretty much essential mods as they seriously enhance gameplay without significantly changing missions

Great, thanks. Especially 3) is good information, because I always avoided to use them with user generated missions - I thought they change the behaviour too much and may conflict. Don't know ScopeFX yet.

It depends. If you are using a beta patch use only @CBA_CO, if you are not using a beta patch use @CBA + @CBA_A2 + @CBA_OA.

Just don't report any CWR2 bugs while using any other mods. :)

Essential to avoiding a firestorm from the mission creator

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

It depends. If you are using a beta patch use only @CBA_CO, if you are not using a beta patch use @CBA + @CBA_A2 + @CBA_OA.

Absolutely. I'm sorry for not pointing this out..

Thanks. I always use the beta patch except if there are problems. After I started the CWC campaign with @sthud loaded: Why isn't sthud appearing? Aren't my squad members my squad members? I also ask, because after I broke legs and called for medic, no one helped me. Not sure if we have a medic... I feel like a n00b; maybe I am.

EDIT: As for not officially supported mods: OK I've read and understood http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149731-CAMP-100-Days/page3 - so please no discussion necessary any more :D

Edited by tortuosit

Essential to avoiding a firestorm from the mission creator

Well, more like we're not testing for 3rd party mod compatibility, and things that potentially modify cwr2 behaviour is the first thing you want to eliminate in the troubleshooting process. The first step is to send the bug back to the user asking him to try without other mods, and that's a waste of time.

Thanks. I always use the beta patch except if there are problems. After I started the CWC campaign with @sthud loaded: Why isn't sthud appearing? Aren't my squad members my squad members? I also ask, because after I broke legs and called for medic, no one helped me. Not sure if we have a medic... I feel like a n00b; maybe I am.

RTFM for stud but basically there's a keyboard shortcut to restart it (Ctrl + Shift + H) IIRC.

As for medical support I strongly recommend using Dapman's Medic AI script.

Also Max is right; noob or not, please don't complain that user-created missions aren't compatible with mod A or B. Reporting is fine though.

If you're a noob but interested in playing a good campaign, I can recommend the 100 days.