Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Missions package updated, please download the file from the first post again and replace the old files with the new ones.

Changelog is included. It contains all recent fixes made plus 2 new SP missions:

ADDED : CWR² SP 30 - SNIPER, found in our old Xbox sources folder

ADDED : CWR² SP 31 - Ð¥Ñви-метал, Xbox Heavy Metal version with switched sides :-)

Played Strange Meeting and I couldn't be killed. Debug mode on?

Be thankful for that. :rofl:

It's fixed now but v1.02 not released yet.

Missions package updated, please download the file from the first post again and replace the old files with the new ones.

The date of the mission pack on first post still says 1-Apr-2013.

Still having a BLAST with resistance campaing, yesterday's experience:

mission 'information':

really tricky mission, had to do a $h!tload restarts, till I managed to successfully slow prone inside the compound, then had to do a $h!tload save loads to undetectedly exit the compound -even when hiding behind walls they somehow constantly spotted me, had to find a workarround = going into gear menu and opening my backpack untill they walked passed, and then again, the cripled wall's opening - when you try to prone over it, it automatically forces you into stand mode...

The mission was really hard to complete successfully, easiest part was - also there are some special goodies in that mission:

Overall there are 7 spestnaz guys, 5 of them with LEGENDARY BIZONs + silenced APSes and 2 near that compound with silenced AKSUs, also 7 specops backpacks, out of whoom, only 2 can be loaded to the pickup car... but 5 bizons and 5 silenced APSes + 2 specops backpacks made my day

another great mission was 'counterattack', we had 1 fia T-72, 1 fia T-55 and gues what, 8 enemies DSHKs! So I scattered all in line, ordered troops to man them and viola, undefeated defensive line! 20 mines blasted all armour, without even spotting them. Sometimes I wish I had engineer guy, so that it could have repaired all that enemie armour for FIAs use.

And then came the gunships!

My guys were screaming, I felt panic in their voice, but I didn't order anything at all, remember? undefeated defensive line? So blackshark came down first and then sneaky hind starting to pound my line, I lost 1 guy in DSHK, so I had to load save. And then I became a SPOTTER, way in front to detect helicopters and down they came... Then came Mi-17 with paradrop, and it dropped AT-4 anti-tank launcher (there are 2 of them in this mission)!

This mission was the best for that day!!!

Today's status:

mission 'contraband'

the whole mission is full with goodies, like the boat loading your truck with all the westernish weapons, but the surprise was there are 4 live runing AKS-74GLs! (not AK-74GLs which I'm full of). Also noticed that SVD with NVGs don't work, pitty, but such realism is...

BMP + DSHKs again, to shoot down that Mi-17...

oddly enough only 2 out of 4 M-21 SWSes transfered to mission 'recknocking'.

So I'm at it right now, remember what I said about first mission when you have to flee the town(well, related stuff)? So, I sneaked in the first hangar and there is a BRDM, gues what, I ran all RPG guys first and noone is even targeting me = no alarm, except that BMP-2 and 2xBMP-1s which led to alarm. So I ran over all the guys, BRDM is damaged, but somehow I managed to drive it into the hangar back, and there was a surprise, hangars repair vehicles! (logical though).

So I'll restart the mission, cripple BMP-2 and drive it to hangar with 1 side of tracks (will take a while) and blast everyone what's left. Ofcourse I can use Hinds, Mi-17 or blackshark, but that would be too easy and what's the point, I have to blow them up...

There are also loads of goodies in that mission, loads of ammo boxes, bizons, etc...

So all in all, it's a blast! specially that counter attack mission!

P.S. in recknocking, i think there was suppose to be a T-72 instead of BMP-2...

The date of the mission pack on first post still says 1-Apr-2013.

:o

Fixed. And new CWC Campaign version available as well.

Changelog v1.02

---------------

FIXED : Hold Malden - Missing string "STRC_Completed"

FIXED : Pathfinder - Missing string "STRC_Completed"

FIXED : Rolling Thunder - Missing string "STRC_Completed"

FIXED : Killdozer - Missing string "STRC_Completed"

CHNGD : Undercover - Moving uphill should be much faster now

FIXED : Undercover - 'Top of tower' cutscene at the end fixed

CHNGD : Interdiction - Mission has the complete original briefing now

CHNGD : Battle of Houdan - RTB is activated once both Abrams can't fire after the border attack order

FIXED : Strange Meeting - Player was immortal

CHNGD : Montignac must fall - added marker at the forest where you hide; increased 'in forest' trigger

FIXED : In some missions, waypoints were shown permanently

@W0lle

BTW, in the campaign, there is not the ending cinematics that was in CWC (2001) or in the demo campaign.

You know, the one with the credits in which we could see a blackhawk landing, T80 convoy, a M1A1 being ambushed by RPG gunners etc...

@W0lle

BTW, in the campaign, there is not the ending cinematics that was in CWC (2001) or in the demo campaign.

You know, the one with the credits in which we could see a blackhawk landing, T80 convoy, a M1A1 being ambushed by RPG gunners etc...

Im not sure now but i think this was cutscene in Credits in Menu not outro of CWC campaign.

A few small things again:

Maverick: You're not the pilot again, you're the character for multi and coop.

In the cutscene after the A10 gets shot down, the Russian commander has creepy grey eyes.

Be thankful for that. :rofl:

It's fixed now but v1.02 not released yet.

Yeah, I just sprinted across the area in a hail of blood splatter when I realized there was no point sneaking.

It took forever for all my squad to die before I could finally continue with the mission as the lonewolf trying to get to the evac zone. I think like 30 minutes of just laying there. There was a final squad mate that was sitting on the edge of the forest not getting killed. Not sure if that's a bug or just how it can go sometimes with dynamic AI.

@W0lle

That is correct. The outro/credits scene is completely our own creation, obviously. And no, the original won't come back - this is our credits, not BI. ;-)

A few small things again:

Maverick: You're not the pilot again, you're the character for multi and coop.

In the cutscene after the A10 gets shot down, the Russian commander has creepy grey eyes.

I wonder why the Identities got lost twice. Consider it fixed now.

The creepy grey eyes are a problem we weren't able to locate yet. Our models using the default A2 character head proxies so it shouldn't be there.

Yeah, I just sprinted across the area in a hail of blood splatter when I realized there was no point sneaking.

It took forever for all my squad to die before I could finally continue with the mission as the lonewolf trying to get to the evac zone. I think like 30 minutes of just laying there. There was a final squad mate that was sitting on the edge of the forest not getting killed. Not sure if that's a bug or just how it can go sometimes with dynamic AI.

We're working on a script which kills your squad members one by one while on the way from the farm to Morton. Unfortunately it's not completed yet but holding the campaign back even longer just because of that script was no option either.

Hold Malden mission just notised that there is no alarm sound at mission start.

Also you can use both NVG and binocular at the same time.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/698/arma2oa2013041623540415.jpg

Same with some weapons: XMS, G36, M21 SWS, Steyr.

well, in original game, NVGs could be used with binoculars, any vehicle's optics and all weapons. Though in latest beta release, NVGs can't be used with SVD (realistic), can't be used when you are a gunner of Mi-24 Hind (unrealistic).

Realistically, they couldn't be used with all weapons which had optics on them, like M-21, G-36, XMS, Steyr, SVD, AK series with PSO sights, AT launchers, etc.

WHAT, no BI credits scene?!?! It made credits worth to see...

There is nothing stopping you from watching this scene in the Demo campaign, which can be left right next to the full one. The new one is brilliant work and makes those credits worth seeing as well.

Regards,

Sander

well, i'm at resistance's 'fireworks', so i haven't seen new outro/credits yet...

While we are at it, just want to point out, that there were no, worth looking at, credits, during that time on any other game. And probably today are only few games who has such feature...

Edited by Gedis

Too Bad, Although I like the new credit scene, I also liked the old one.

EDIT:

there are still the problem of waypoints being seen in briefing

mission Airborne for example, even in 1.02, there are still there.

Edited by Wiki

can't be used when you are a gunner of Mi-24 Hind (unrealistic).

Do you mean when using the helicopter optics or when seated in the helicopter?

I do not believe the hind has night vision in real life. They used parachute flares to mark night targets in Afghanistan.

I tried the CWC campaign with the AI-related mods that I believe someone suggested might be OK but I couldn't even do the training course as it wouldn't trigger when I got to the end between the concrete posts.

This is what I was using (all in a single @AI_Enhancement folder):

slx_anims.pbo

slx_anim_pistolcivil.pbo

slx_cloud.pbo

slx_effects.pbo

slx_explosiondust.pbo

slx_impacts.pbo

st_collision.pbo

st_evasive.pbo

tpwc_ai_suppress_304.pbo

tpw_ai_los_104.pbo

I had a couple of other things (PRADAR, Blastcore Visuals) that I also disabled but I doubt they caused the problem. Anyway, worked fine after disabling said mods :)

there are still the problem of waypoints being seen in briefing

mission Airborne for example, even in 1.02, there are still there.

Visible waypoints in briefings can be very useful and illustrative, and there is no inherent problem with them. If they are visible by mistake, that is another issue, but they can be a useful tool for mission designers.

I will not comment further on realistic optics or not realistic optics. We said that several times in the past: The goal of this Mod is to bring the glorious OFP back - not to make super-hyper-realistic Cold War Simulation.

If you can use NVGoggles with weapon optics then because it is supposed to be like this. :)

No alarm sound on Hold Malden - maybe because it's so annoying that it simply has been removed at some point. You know, when fixing these missions I had to restart them 10, 20 or more times and at some point you simply have enough of that sound. Besides that, it's quite obvious you are attacked, with or without an alarm sound. :)

Not sure what is causing these permanent waypoints. At least I have a mission name to work with now.

Edit: Found it, in some missions waypoints are shown in Recruit/Beginner mode. Going to hunt them down now, but please report all missions were permanent waypoints are shown on the map.

Edited by W0lle

Do you mean when using the helicopter optics or when seated in the helicopter?

I do not believe the hind has night vision in real life. They used parachute flares to mark night targets in Afghanistan.

I mean using gunner optics. Well Hind is not officially night capable, but at least pilot can use NVGs in RL. I forgot that gunner moves his head down, close to the... kinescopic monitor (don't know how to call it else) to see the targets

I will not comment further on realistic optics or not realistic optics. We said that several times in the past: The goal of this Mod is to bring the glorious OFP back - not to make super-hyper-realistic Cold War Simulation.

If you can use NVGoggles with weapon optics then because it is supposed to be like this. :)

I'm confused now, so realism or ofp? for example:

SVD with NVGs back in the day worked, though not with this.

supposed to be...

I tried the CWC campaign with the AI-related mods that I believe someone suggested might be OK but I couldn't even do the training course as it wouldn't trigger when I got to the end between the concrete posts.

This is what I was using (all in a single @AI_Enhancement folder):

slx_anims.pbo

slx_anim_pistolcivil.pbo

slx_cloud.pbo

slx_effects.pbo

slx_explosiondust.pbo

slx_impacts.pbo

st_collision.pbo

st_evasive.pbo

tpwc_ai_suppress_304.pbo

tpw_ai_los_104.pbo

I had a couple of other things (PRADAR, Blastcore Visuals) that I also disabled but I doubt they caused the problem. Anyway, worked fine after disabling said mods :)

It's the TPW ai. I had the same issue. For me, they would constantly bound from tree to tree taking 10 years to do anything, or they would get suppressed, and then stay on the ground either crawling to the objective, or just not moving anymore.

Guys I know it's a "difficult" question, but what do you think about how much playtime will I have to play for playing the CWC campaign? (I have familiy and work, oh, I want to be a student again ;))

@up

I remember that last time i played CWC and Resistance in OFP (in 2008 :) ). I finished each campaign in ~10 hours.