W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

New CWC Campaign version: Cold War Crisis v1.01

Changelog:

ADDED : Red Dawn - saveGame when player is entering the Northeastern part

CHNGD : After Montignac - UAZ in Provins is unlocked now

CHNGD : Flashpoint - Increased rank of Cobra crew

CHNGD : Flashpoint - Removed Binocular from Officer for faster movement

CHNGD : Hold Port - Retreating should be faster now, and all retreat markers are shown

CHNGD : Interdiction - Reduced loudness in the intro a bit

CHNGD : Spearhead - Enemy forces are allowed to flee so "village clear" trigger happens faster

FIXED : After Montignac - Link start position in briefing not working

FIXED : Hind Attack - 2 Soldiers were standing on roof of fuel station; 'Tracker' remained prone after joining

FIXED : Montignac must fall - Armstrong has 4 x Flares

FIXED : Montignac must fall - Fixed not working link in German briefing

FIXED : Pathfinder - Player is David Armstrong again

The campaign Cold War Crisis v1.01 also have a big bug, in the mission "Undercover", when meet the Russian soilder first, after the FIA leader get out the truck, they do not have any dialogue, and the mission do not go on , please fix the bug! thx

No plans for any more localization. In the beginning we were about to translate the whole Mod but repeatedly were let down by our translators, some of them haven't translated a single sentence. So at some point we decided to skip all localization but only keep German because that was almost fully translated. I still have the partially Russian translation here, so if there is some demand for it, it could be done of course. It's just a lot of copy&paste work for whoever is doing it. ;-)

Well it's not that much as i recall. In CWR1 time it took me about a week to translate Cold War and Resistance campaign (for personal use:D).

I've noticed that in Introduction mission Diary note is missing a few sentences and "Instructions" note is missing.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5969/arma2oa2013041413281465.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img688/2430/coldwarassault201304141.jpg

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2430/coldwarassault201304141.jpg

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2430/coldwarassault201304141.jpg

Briefing is much shorter.

http://imageshack.us/f/694/arma2oa2013041413281188.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2430/coldwarassault201304141.jpg

@haosom

I played the mission six times yesterday while trying to fix the movement up the hill and the conversation starts just fine.

@Danil-ch

Sigh. Can't remember why the briefing was shortened. Eventually simple laziness after copy&paste briefings for hours. :)

I've taken the original text now and replaced the current one with it. Has everything now the original had.

Neither are coop capable campaigns. Not all of the scenario's in CWC and Resistance are suitable for conversion to coop, After Montignac for example with a full squad would not be the same.

Regards,

Sander

@woole:

-in a lot of missions, the rank of armstrong is private whereas he is supposed to be corporal.

-in mission where we begin our tank training, once I reach the trinite, nothing more: no WP, no marker...

used endmission cheat.

-same for the next mission, I counter attack the border, explodes infantry and both tanks, and nothing happened...--->endmission too

@woole:

-in a lot of missions, the rank of armstrong is private whereas he is supposed to be corporal.

-in mission where we begin our tank training, once I reach the trinite, nothing more: no WP, no marker...

used endmission cheat.

-same for the next mission, I counter attack the border, explodes infantry and both tanks, and nothing happened...--->endmission too

I had some troubles as well with the border attack, but that was because one of the friendly abrams tanks had a broken track or something, he simply would not move, so I reverted to a previous save and then things went as planned.

Other then that, these missions played fine with me. Well the waypoints are sometimes not updating, but I think that has to do with the task things in ARMA 2. It's not bothering me, you can place your own waypoints with holding shift and clicking on the map, and the briefing most of the time tells you exactly where you have to go.

SP missions:

Cleansweep 1: there is debug mode on, enemy can't kill us.

Mission: Ambush.

Wenn we lose our squad task Conquer the area is not set in briefing as canceled or failed,we have ne task: Retreat to Lolisse but this task is not greened wenn we go back there. There is no info if this mission with this end is Failed but i think it is becose after this end we dont have green square in menu.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

@edit

Mission Ambush.

I with my teamleader we clearead the village. After this we get radio message that heavy armor is coming, we have also heli extraction point. Task Conquer thea area in this case is failed in briefing-thats good. Last task (go back to beach) is also greened. It's good end, after this mission end we have green square in Sp missions menu.

So in this case all is ok with mission.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

SP mission:

25 Airport Raid.

Task: Return to the heliport not greened in briefing. Also this mission don't have green square in SP missions menu wenn we complete this mission (both task completed).

Edited by tom3kb

Just played Montignac must fall. I was shocked when the Blackhawk landed safely and I was able to board. I didn't think that was possible and that it always gets shot down by the Hind. Once I got in a short dialogue plays and the mission ends and Strange Meeting is the next one.

This is different then the original OFP right? I think it's cool. I personally didn't like "After Montignac" in the original CWC.

That only leaves the question why the stupid Blackhawk didn't just take me all the way to Morton :)

This is new mission end added by CWR2 team. Normally Strange Meeting starts if you fail to take Montignac. Now it also starts if you successfully extract, after taking it.

Wow! I played with the "DEMO" versions before but stopped for a while, i'm downloading & installing this ASAP, I feel nostalgic about OFP now .. :)

By the way your videos are sick!

@woole:

Correct, but he's private to prevent him taking command accidently before the 'Taking Command' Mission. In the end it doesn't matter as ranks doesn't do anything at all.

You need to drive over the road to the waiting crew. But yes, briefing should be a bit more clear about this. Will be fixed asap.

Shortly after you reached the borderzone your commander tells you to retreat, which you do and rush back to where you came from.

But if both Abrams are destroyed there, must admit I don't know what happens then. Definitely something I must look into.

Just played Montignac must fall. I was shocked when the Blackhawk landed safely and I was able to board. I didn't think that was possible and that it always gets shot down by the Hind. Once I got in a short dialogue plays and the mission ends and Strange Meeting is the next one.

This is different then the original OFP right? I think it's cool. I personally didn't like "After Montignac" in the original CWC.

That only leaves the question why the stupid Blackhawk didn't just take me all the way to Morton

The Blackhawk indeed was always destroyed, no matter what. So we decided to alter this mission a little bit and make an extraction happen when Provins is clear and the BMP disabled. This makes 'Strange Meeting' happen more often than in the original where I only played that mission once in the many times I played the campaign.

SP missions:

Cleansweep 1: there is debug mode on, enemy can't kill us.

Oh man... :o :banghead:

SP mission:

25 Airport Raid.

Task: Return to the heliport not greened in briefing. Also this mission don't have green square in SP missions menu wenn we complete this mission (both task completed).

There is a new version available here, have you played that one or the one from the mission package?

wow, never knew there was a campaign mission 'Strange Meeting', when I'll be done with resistance, I'll try it out and then revert to my love - 'After Montinac', if you guys didn't lock: Hind, BMPs, T-72s, T-80s or Shilka...

There is a new version available here, have you played that one or the one from the mission package?

Somehow i overlooked airportraid_rev2. I played the _rev1 version. Sorry, my mistake that i miss this new update. I will play _rev2 to see if all is ok now.

wow, never knew there was a campaign mission 'Strange Meeting', when I'll be done with resistance, I'll try it out and then revert to my love - 'After Montinac', if you guys didn't lock: Hind, BMPs, T-72s, T-80s or Shilka...

I didn´t know that there was an alternate mission to after montignac...

Damn...

in some missions, on the briefing map, we can see the waypoints.

is it possible for you to erase them?

EDIT:

there are missing missions:

missions Recon and Killdozer have neen skipped

Edited by Wiki

In the words of the Dear Leader:

There are two campaigns, Cold War Crisis and Resistance. We never said anywhere that there will be three campaigns but we repeatedly say since years that Red Hammer is not included because it's Codemasters property. It was planned to include a campaign made by the Russian community (Retaliation) but the guy who was supposed to port it over never made even one mission so we had to scrap that idea, unfortunately.

Source

There will be no Retaliation conversion from the CWR2 team.

Regards,

Sander

In the words of the Dear Leader:

Source

There will be no Retaliation conversion from the CWR2 team.

Regards,

Sander

What about you Sander ,SAOK, and other team CWR2 and Vanha ?

There is a full version, fully adapted to the engine ARMA2 version includes all campaign missions, but the problem is to get them to work properly on the engine Arma2. (User FIRRAL converted and e1k tried to finish debug missions campaign. Since campaign converted into a time when there was no model General Guba, Angelina used a third-party add-ons, and others.)

Let's worry about the things that are in the project scope before we start talking about extra stuff.

The Blackhawk now shows up when Provins is clear and the BMP can't fire anymore. The reason for this change is to make a better switch between "After Montignac" and "Strange Meeting". If you're not able to clear Provins because Armstrong is alone, or if the Blackhawk is destroyed then you must retreat to the forest -> "After Montignac". If the Blackhawk can extract your team -> "Strange Meeting".

Interesting idea. I always thought it was that you got "Strange Meeting" if you failed to clear Montignac (i.e. your supporting squads got chewed up) and had to retreat, rather than Provins. Will give the new one a tilt once I get there.

Interesting idea. I always thought it was that you got "Strange Meeting" if you failed to clear Montignac (i.e. your supporting squads got chewed up) and had to retreat, rather than Provins. Will give the new one a tilt once I get there.

That was the way it was originally. Now there are two ways to get to it.