Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Please troll somewhere else, thanks.

BTW: Semen (anthroponym) :rolleyes:

about the fix "all vehicles weapons have crosshaire", does it fix the "bug" with the OH-58 not having crosshair when disabled in difficulty option?

The problem is that the vehicles have always crosshairs visible, even when disabled in the options. That's even in vanilla A2 (with latest beta patch).

The horror... Bad timing.. I left for a job earlier today, not home for 2 weeks. Oh the horror...

I guess the good thing is that some bugs might be squashed before I get home smile.png

But oh the horror...

Argh that's indeed a very bad timing. I released it before the weekend so everyone has a better chance to play.

Oh well, as you said: In return you can play with less bugs when you're back home. :)

Edited by W0lle

Nevermind, I had my answer.

Edited by Wiki

BTW, have BI Dev. played through this mod, like back in the old days?

What did they think about it, playing their first game back?

Ok, played through a large part of the CWC campaign, a few things I've noticed:

The menu screen shows under water, or under the surface of the ocean. Didn't have that with the Demo.

After Montignac (first part where you assault a small town): You don't have any m203 flares anymore.

Montignac must fall: The MI24 arrives at the same time as the BMP (near the gas station) and the Blackhawk doesn't even show up anymore.

After Montignac (the one where you have to evacuate but get captured): The UAZ that is near the town is locked. That car was my escape vehicle in OFP :(. And the other car that is there is almost out of fuel. Makes me think that you did it on purpose? Also, the BMP that was waiting there in OFP and in the Demo is now already gone when I get there, it just drives away.

And when you take the car that is there and drive up the road to the (I think) north, away from where you spawned, you get near a farm house, and get a error message that says "Radiomessage AwayArms not found". I think that was a russian soldier saying something like put away your weapons, and would open fire on you in the original game.

Armstrong also says "don't shoot, don't shoot" much too late in the cutscene, the russians have their guns aimed at him for a very long time before he says that.

Undercover: The resistance NPC's got stuck on the mountain, where you fight the russian patrol. The leader of the squad simply would not go up the mountain and run to the castle, he would just go prone and wait. After I shot him, the replacement also did not go up the mountain. I just ran to the castle myself, and that worked. But there was another problem here, the commander dude in the tower that you're supposed to talk to, just falls through the top floor of the castle together with armstrong, the commander dies and you get some nice cutscenes looking at the interior of the castle tower.

Night patrol: Where is the M163 Vulcan you're supposed to guard from the Spetznas? There is only a radar/radio tower there and some sandbags. Also, you didn't have NVGs, you had to use the flares for the M203 to find the spetznasses.

Hold Malden: The AI does not want to use their LAWs? I had to kill the BMPs myself. The enemy tanks are also very quick to roll into town and rape my whole team. I had to revert to a previous save and run like hell before they get there. The MI17 crashed and did not drop off the paratroopers, not sure if this had anything to do with eachother. Also, this mission didn't end properly for me, I had to use the endgame cheat code (I did get the outro)

Defender: Only 2 t80s? I know that they are a lot harder to kill but it looks kind of silly. Perhaps the mines should do more damage? Also, the dude that is with you got shot before the tanks were even near the mines, I think his hiding spot may not be good enough.

Tank training: Haha nice cutscene, the officers diving away like pros. The M1A1 that you are supposed to follow later in the mission gets raped pretty badly though, he only lasted 10 seconds under enemy fire. I had to do everything myself with the M60 after that.

Pathfinder: You are no longer Armstrong, I was the guy I made myself for multiplayer and stuff. I noticed because I have my pitch all the way down so I sound like a whale, and I wear aviator glasses.

Spearhead: I had to revert to a previous save 3 times before I found the problem in this mission. Apparently I drove through the town and thought I shot everybody, so I was waiting for the counterattack. This didn't happen, because there was a lonely soldier still hiding near the road past the town that nobody saw. I accidentally drove over him while being frustrated about nothing happening and then the mission continued.

So I hope you can so something with this info, and thanks again for the great mod :)

@Wiki

Ivan is a big fan of the Mod, but I guess he had not much time yet to play with it because I had no feedback on the campaigns or missions yet. Also the Spanel bro's got the download links before anyone else but haven't heard from them either. Too busy as well I guess.

@Kornuit

Thanks for your feedback, I check all of your point today or tomorrow and see what can be done or fix the issues.

@Kornuit

In original OFP Night Patrol Armstrong have both NVG and Binoculars added, so no problem

Defender had 1xT-80 up front, and 3xT-72s following.

Campaign Resistance.

Mission Invasion:

Task: Go to the office not greened in briefing. After cutscene with Russian forces attacking Nogova we have new waypoint to escape but we dont have any new task (i don't remember if in OFP there was task to escape from city)

Mission Crossroad: Task: Find the resistance not greened in briefing after we reach to camp.

so, someone mentioned CWC's mission 'after montinac'?

Back in OFP, that uaz was locked, as fuel in that car was also low.

Now I don't want to play CWC yet, since Resistance campaign isn't owned yet, but I bet CWR guys locked all BMPs, T-72s, T-80s and Mi-24, especially so that I couldn't enter and use those, because of demo ownage :)

You also mentioned that sound missing error, in demo it was there too...

Campaign Resistance.

Mission: Ammo low.

In briefing i don't have any rpg, mines or satchel charges. Wenn mission starts there are 2 ammo crates but only with ammo and some Ak's. No rpg, mines etc. I have 1 rpg with 2 rockets from 3rd mission. In my squad i have 8 guys with Ak's 1PKM and 1 sniper, sometimes with CZ or Svd. How can i stop that convoy. Tank and Apc will kill my whole team.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

If i will be lucky i can kill ammo truck driver from sniper rifle and then i must wait for the rest of convoy to move.

Im not sure but in OFP even i only Troska escape from mission 3 we have some AT weapons (mines,launchers) on start of Low on Ammo mission.

Edited by tom3kb

Campaign Resistance.

In briefing i don't have any rpg, mines or satchel charges. Wenn mission starts there are 2 ammo crates but only with ammo and some Ak's. No rpg, mines etc. I have 1 rpg with 2 rockets from 3rd mission. In my squad i have 8 guys with Ak's 1PKM and 1 sniper, sometimes with CZ or Svd. How can i stop that convoy. Tank and Apc will kill my whole team.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

If i will be lucky i can kill ammo truck driver from sniper rifle and then i must wait for the rest of convoy to move.

Im not sure but in OFP even i only Troska escape from mission 3 we have some AT weapons (mines,launchers) on start of Low on Ammo mission.

Did you downloaded the latest release of the mod and campaigns?

My campaign is v1.04 i can't download v1.05 in next few days. But i see that in 1.05 there is only fix for German version. But to be sure i will stop playing and i will restart this mission after few days wenn i be in home and i download v1.05 or higher.

Ps: i restarted this mission few times sometimes i have 2 guys with rpg75, now i have chance to win ;)

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

One more thing. I play with ambient civilian module enabled and i saw in few places that there are empty cars or cars with drivers spawned on the middle of the road. They dont move, this could make some problems with missions with convoys etc.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Ps: i see that our squad in this mission is totaly random. Sometimes i hve 4 guys with Mg, sometimes sniper+2Mg+1rpg etc.

so, someone mentioned CWC's mission 'after montinac'?

Back in OFP, that uaz was locked, as fuel in that car was also low.

Now I don't want to play CWC yet, since Resistance campaign isn't owned yet, but I bet CWR guys locked all BMPs, T-72s, T-80s and Mi-24, especially so that I couldn't enter and use those, because of demo ownage :)

You also mentioned that sound missing error, in demo it was there too...

I'm pretty certain it was not, as shown in someone else's walkthrough on

. Skip to 1:50. You'll also see the BMP I mentioned. Edited by Kornuit

Noticed that in mission 11Interdiction during intro voices are too loud.

@W0lle

Is there any plans for Russian localization. If you need help I can help.

Campaign Resistance.

I had some trouble with that mission too. I went back two missions and made sure that I collected all rpgs and satchel charges from Spetznaz. When I got to the Ammo Low mission a second time, I didn't have such troubles :). A satchel charge destroyed the T72 in the first convoy and I took care of the BMP with my rpg. When the second convoy came around, they came over the hill and avoided my mine and charges but I had three or four guys with rpgs not including myself and we made short work of them. I've been hoarding weapons from that point and have several rpgs with close to 60 rockets iirc (just finished the free hostages mission).

I am having a bit of difficulty in the eavesdropping mission, however. The patrolling guards always seem to spot me before I can get inside the compound. I'm not sure if the AI sees through bushes or what type of movement they can hear so I'll give it a few more tries.

. Skip to 1:50. You'll also see the BMP I mentioned.

My old Prima strategy guide confirms this too: "Work your way to the UAZ and climb in as driver"

There's a picture of the person driving it too.

@Strelok

Yes, i know i can do this but i think even if i screw up mission 3, i loose all my men, don't take any AT weapons. I still should have minimal chances to stop that convoy, some AT weapons in creates. Let's say that someone play Resistance for the first time in live and wenn he see that he dont have AT weapons against Armor he will think WTF?? ;) But i will restart this mission in v1.05 to be sure i have all fixes and changes.

I am having a bit of difficulty in the eavesdropping mission, however. The patrolling guards always seem to spot me before I can get inside the compound. I'm not sure if the AI sees through bushes or what type of movement they can hear so I'll give it a few more tries.

That one was indeed much more difficult then in OFP. The ones that spotted me were the spetznas soldiers running around the area. I managed to make it through the small line of bushes past the spetznas and then crawled through the hole in the wall when the two patrolling soldiers were around the corner. Getting away is just as difficult. But the mission is not impossible.

. Skip to 1:50. You'll also see the BMP I mentioned.

Well, i don't need a vid, afterall, you are talking about my most loved CWC's mission, I know it all. Apparently, except that unlocked UAZ, the green car was/should be with low fuel though.

BTW, that vid was booring, I advice doing that mission rambo style, by wasting everyone (easiest way to do that is to capture that Hind who is buzzing overhead)

May have been answered already but, does turning down the visibility affect the AI, currently engagements take place WAY outside of the range I remember from the OFP days, which definitely makes the missions much harder than I remember (which is a good thing) but on the first mission I had to reload several times before the AH-1 air cover actually did any good, most of the time it got turned into cannon fodder before it took out any of the tanks.

After Montignac (first part where you assault a small town): You don't have any m203 flares anymore.

Fixed.

Montignac must fall: The MI24 arrives at the same time as the BMP (near the gas station) and the Blackhawk doesn't even show up anymore.

The Blackhawk now shows up when Provins is clear and the BMP can't fire anymore. The reason for this change is to make a better switch between "After Montignac" and "Strange Meeting". If you're not able to clear Provins because Armstrong is alone, or if the Blackhawk is destroyed then you must retreat to the forest -> "After Montignac". If the Blackhawk can extract your team -> "Strange Meeting".

After Montignac (the one where you have to evacuate but get captured): The UAZ that is near the town is locked. That car was my escape vehicle in OFP . And the other car that is there is almost out of fuel. Makes me think that you did it on purpose? Also, the BMP that was waiting there in OFP and in the Demo is now already gone when I get there, it just drives away.

And when you take the car that is there and drive up the road to the (I think) north, away from where you spawned, you get near a farm house, and get a error message that says "Radiomessage AwayArms not found". I think that was a russian soldier saying something like put away your weapons, and would open fire on you in the original game.

Armstrong also says "don't shoot, don't shoot" much too late in the cutscene, the russians have their guns aimed at him for a very long time before he says that.

Unlocked the UAZ. I think at some point I locked the vehicles so you're not able to rush down to Morton (which you are not supposed to reach at all).

I don't think the "don't shoot" comes too late, but we'll see if we change that.

Undercover: The resistance NPC's got stuck on the mountain, where you fight the russian patrol. The leader of the squad simply would not go up the mountain and run to the castle, he would just go prone and wait. After I shot him, the replacement also did not go up the mountain. I just ran to the castle myself, and that worked. But there was another problem here, the commander dude in the tower that you're supposed to talk to, just falls through the top floor of the castle together with armstrong, the commander dies and you get some nice cutscenes looking at the interior of the castle tower.

Definitely needs to be fixed though I'm not sure if the stuck comrades are not an AI problem since the terrain is very steep there.

Night patrol: Where is the M163 Vulcan you're supposed to guard from the Spetznas? There is only a radar/radio tower there and some sandbags. Also, you didn't have NVGs, you had to use the flares for the M203 to find the spetznasses.

Since there were no radio towers in OFP, the M163 was the "military installation". I changed that to that tower because it makes more sense than an empty M163.

Hold Malden: The AI does not want to use their LAWs? I had to kill the BMPs myself. The enemy tanks are also very quick to roll into town and rape my whole team. I had to revert to a previous save and run like hell before they get there. The MI17 crashed and did not drop off the paratroopers, not sure if this had anything to do with eachother. Also, this mission didn't end properly for me, I had to use the endgame cheat code (I did get the outro)

The AI indeed does not use their LAWs against the BMPs when they are in the water. No idea why, I was worried a bit so I did some test but they fire just fine when the BMP is on land. Arma AI at its best...

I changed the mission a bit now, tanks are coming later and paratroopers should jump now. But it's not tested yet.

Defender: Only 2 t80s? I know that they are a lot harder to kill but it looks kind of silly. Perhaps the mines should do more damage? Also, the dude that is with you got shot before the tanks were even near the mines, I think his hiding spot may not be good enough.

Right, in the original it was 3 T-80s but we decided to reduce it to two because the mines are no more that powerful as before. Not sure why your leader gets killed though, at least it was never reported by our tester but I see if I can find a better hiding place for him (or in worst case set him to captive until the mines go boom).

Tank training: Haha nice cutscene, the officers diving away like pros. The M1A1 that you are supposed to follow later in the mission gets raped pretty badly though, he only lasted 10 seconds under enemy fire. I had to do everything myself with the M60 after that.

Yes, damn BMPs with their nasty AT-3 rockets. I don't think it's a big problem though unless the mission ends up in frustration.

Pathfinder: You are no longer Armstrong, I was the guy I made myself for multiplayer and stuff. I noticed because I have my pitch all the way down so I sound like a whale, and I wear aviator glasses.

Fixed now.

Spearhead: I had to revert to a previous save 3 times before I found the problem in this mission. Apparently I drove through the town and thought I shot everybody, so I was waiting for the counterattack. This didn't happen, because there was a lonely soldier still hiding near the road past the town that nobody saw. I accidentally drove over him while being frustrated about nothing happening and then the mission continued.

My fault. I disallowed the AI to flee while there is a trigger checking if the AI near the village is fleeing... Fixed now but needs to be tested again.

Noticed that in mission 11Interdiction during intro voices are too loud.

They are not louder than any others, and got the same db value in the description as all others. Anyway I reduced their level by -10, and they are still audible.

Is there any plans for Russian localization. If you need help I can help.

No plans for any more localization. In the beginning we were about to translate the whole Mod but repeatedly were let down by our translators, some of them haven't translated a single sentence. So at some point we decided to skip all localization but only keep German because that was almost fully translated. I still have the partially Russian translation here, so if there is some demand for it, it could be done of course. It's just a lot of copy&paste work for whoever is doing it. ;-)

May have been answered already but, does turning down the visibility affect the AI, currently engagements take place WAY outside of the range I remember from the OFP days, which definitely makes the missions much harder than I remember (which is a good thing) but on the first mission I had to reload several times before the AH-1 air cover actually did any good, most of the time it got turned into cannon fodder before it took out any of the tanks.

Yes I noticed the problem with the Cobra just yesterday. The problem here is that in OFP the tanks had only their coax machinegun whereas today the commander has its NSVT which he's using against air targets. In the current version I increased the rank of the Cobra crew even more and revealed the BMPs and tanks to them. Also one BMP and one T-72 should flee now as in the original. But as I know them they decide to stay and get shot to pieces by either the Cobra or the Abrams. :-)

Thanks for the fixes, got a few more things for you:

The viewing glasses in the M113 when you're in the driver position are not transparent, you can't actually see anything from first person. Only when I press 0 on my numpad will it go to the visor thing and can I see. The right mouse button doesn't work for that action for some reason.

Hind attack: the last blackops guy you have to pick up for your squad, number 4, does not stand up automatically. I have to manually tell him to stand up, otherwise he will attempt to follow me while prone.

Also, there are two soldiers standing on top of a gas station in this mission, near grid EC51.

Edited by Kornuit

That one was indeed much more difficult then in OFP. The ones that spotted me were the spetznas soldiers running around the area. I managed to make it through the small line of bushes past the spetznas and then crawled through the hole in the wall when the two patrolling soldiers were around the corner. Getting away is just as difficult. But the mission is not impossible.

Yeah, the Spetznas in the car have amazing hearing, lol. I made it by using the slow crawl. Took a while and I had to wait in the bushes a couple of times to avoid the patrol but it wasn't impossible. Fast crawl seems to alert patrols, makes sense.

I'm on the contraband mission and no bugs to report so far. Really I haven't had this much fun with a game since I played the original Resistance and now with the added bonus of the beautiful islands. I'm loving the gun sounds too. Top notch work all around.

In the CWR2 demo, the cobra would eat the tanks alive. I wonder if there have been weapon config changes.

Thanks for the fixes, got a few more things for you:

The viewing glasses in the M113 when you're in the driver position are not transparent, you can't actually see anything from first person. Only when I press 0 on my numpad will it go to the visor thing and can I see. The right mouse button doesn't work for that action for some reason.

Hind attack: the last blackops guy you have to pick up for your squad, number 4, does not stand up automatically. I have to manually tell him to stand up, otherwise he will attempt to follow me while prone.

Also, there are two soldiers standing on top of a gas station in this mission, near grid EC51.

What are you doing at the fuel station lol

Good eye, they are on ground now and Tracker gets up when he joins.

The M113 is a problem yes, our model is based on the Arma sample models which had no transparent glass like the OA one. Not sure if it can be fixed that easy but we may look into it once more.

What are you doing at the fuel station lol

Haha I was lost. I found the base a little while later though. I thought I knew where it was from OFP, but I was mistaken and ended up in the wrong direction :P