Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

guba.jpg

It took way longer than expected (thanks to my stupid ISP) but here we are:

CWR² Beta R2

CWR² Resistance v1.05

CWR² Cold War Crisis v1.0

I want to thank especially van Knudenberg and OMAC, without them spending hours and hours of their life, the Cold War Crisis campaign would be a lot more crappy than it (hopefully not) is. :)

Edited by W0lle

why when I have the most fun and sucess, new updates are released, specially altering the campaign?! Though thank you! :)

so, mission field excersise, the biggest fun was armour transfered from mission scrap, where i had in possetion, 1xT-80, 4xT-72s, 2xBMP-1s, 2xRepair trucks, 1xRearm truck and 1xgood old FIA P3V truck.

So just before ending field excersise mission, I was controling: 1xT-80, 4xT-72s, 1xBMP-1 and captured 2xBMP-2s + 1xBMP-1 and all those trucks... had to limit crew, since my squad is out of 14 guys.

Another awesomeness the equipment, I have camo SVD, my 2 medics have SVDs, 3 guys with PKMs, the rest of the fellous are with AK-74/AKM GLs, all with binoculars and night vissions and with RPGs, when I have to pick the loadout in briefing before mission: additional 11xRPG-7Vs with additional 62 rockets just so you get the idea...

I noticed that when equiped with handguns 1 of my fellow MGer got stuck, so 13 APSes are useless now...

P.S. the talk was about the previous release

Edited by Gedis

First of all, a huge thank you to the mod team! This is the most fun I've had with Arma2 since I bought it and brings back some of the best gaming memories since I first played OFP many years ago.

I have a question regarding updates. I was playing through the Resistance campaign (1.04) and wonder if it is possible to continue my savegame with the new 1.05 version?

You should be able to continue with your saved game, but should revert the actual mission you're in.

The new resistance version 1.05 only have fixed german stringtables. Else not other changes yet .

Hell yeah! OFP style madafaka. :cool: (sorry, just feeling a bit nostalgic atm)

Ok now to playing CWC!

ahh just Great :-)

Just 2 things

1st your classnames list dosnt work for me at your webpage anyboddy els can confirm that?

2nd are you planing after Finish CWR2 (i mean full finish) to give CWR3 a try?

Keep up the good work guys

Just 2 things

1st your classnames list dosnt work for me at your webpage anyboddy els can confirm that?

all classnames there is a folder in the archive Documentation mod @CWR2

thx for the awnsers

its somehow sad but understandable

anyway Keep Rocking boys :cool:

thx for the awnsers

its somehow sad but understandable

anyway Keep Rocking boys :cool:

look folder @CWR2\Documentation

cwr2 ammo.txt

cwr2 backpacks.txt

cwr2 civilian.txt

cwr2 fia.txt

cwr2 markers.txt

cwr2 objects.txt

cwr2 russia.txt

cwr2 usa.txt

cwr2 weapons.txt

cwr2 winter.txt

factions.txt

If your brain is not enough

while I'm updating, I wonder what's been changed in beta R2?

It's obvious nightly + some super secret undocumented stuff... but what? :)

Just 2 things

There are classnames lists in a folder called "Documentation" inside @CWR2

We will work on the "Editing" website some time soon. Recently, preparing the Beta and the campaigns had higher priority.

No CWR3 at all. As said here enough is enough. We stick with Arma2 :)

Good to see another release guys - and those campaigns! w00t! Congratulations!

The islands are our only stand alone releases. Nothing else is meant to be used without the rest of the mod.

Which limits the possibilities to use them as the option to use islands standalone is awesome to have. Its a shame but ok.

If you've been downloading the nightlies, is it the same thing as b2?

All the previous nightly builds are of course included in the Beta R2. So it's possible to use the initial Beta + nightly builds instead downloading R2, but I recommend to trash all previous pbo's and download the new Beta as it's possible that it contains small fixes which were never provided as nightly builds.

Which limits the possibilities to use them as the option to use islands standalone

Exactly.

Its a shame

I disagree.

I made a short spin at beta R2, via editor i found, that backpacks can be dropped in vehicles by players ( =cargo) without the AI help, because to do that in previous beta, you had to order AI to take backpack, mount AI to the vehicle and by gear menu order to drop it, so that It was placed to cargo and transfer to other campaign mission.

Thought I will do extensive tests in the resistance campaign when i'll have time to drown my self into awesomeness :)

Actually I was thinking why resistance campaign was first, there are few reasons:

it wasn't that much popular as CWC back in the day and it perfectly suites the 1st beta stage - rebelion even in file perfection! :)

Playing CWC camp atm - mission Montignac must fall. So far so good!

Well, there is still a huge room for improvement.

Like the beginning cutscene where 2 Cobras are supposed to simultanously lift off "The Rock" style but they don't. (was a rather huge disappointment for me since it's my favourite part of the whole intro sequence)

No other issues so far mainly due to me having too much fun to pay any attention to bughunting. :p

about the fix "all vehicles weapons have crosshaire", does it fix the "bug" with the OH-58 not having crosshair when disabled in difficulty option?

The horror... Bad timing.. I left for a job earlier today, not home for 2 weeks. Oh the horror...

I guess the good thing is that some bugs might be squashed before I get home :)

But oh the horror...