Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

See my edited post above, they all can carry launchers now. Forgot a few civilians, one of them was cwr2_civilian4

I'm not sure they can.

I tried your updated configs from 5th Apr and Viktor still won't pick-up any AT weapons.

Moreover he's still limited to 4 slots in the gear menu.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I spent an hour last night troubleshooting this and to no avail.

Nonetheless thanks for your continued and rapid updates.

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

I guess visual mods like sthud, dfs_stanceindicator should be OK shouldn't they? I'm not sure if we can use JSRS with CWR2 though, as it needs CBA and I don't know it that could cause problems.

I concur with W0lle, i.e. you can safely keep CBA and JSRS. In fact if you can spare the minor performance overhead, try WarFX Blastcore.

I'm less categoric about the other AI mods because I've only advanced to the 3rd mission so far.

However several hundred hours of experience with other missions suggests that you can safely use tpwc_ai_suppress_304.pbo and tpw_ai_los_104.pbo. In fact these 2 increase realism and challenge so much that I rarely ever play a mission without them.

These other mods enhance gameplay, albeit more subtly, and so remain highly compatible:

slx_anims.pbo

slx_anim_pistolcivil.pbo

slx_cloud.pbo

slx_effects.pbo

slx_explosiondust.pbo

slx_impacts.pbo

st_collision.pbo

st_evasive.pbo

zeu_OA_c_FOV.pbo

Generally speaking, I'd stay away from GL4 and Zeus AI because, although they're very good, they haven't been updated in years (and the game engine has evolved significantly since) and they can profoundly influence AI behaviour.

I'm not sure they can.

I tried your updated configs from 5th Apr and Viktor still won't pick-up any AT weapons.

Moreover he's still limited to 4 slots in the gear menu.

Works fine here. Make sure you really replaced older configs with new ones. Both use same date in filename, so mistake is quite possible.

@Boota: did you overwrite the configs?

Or did you extract them into another directory and load that one first?

Thanks for the advice about mods guys, I'll try again with those suggestions.

domokun

As long as you overwrite the old cwr2_civilian_config.pbo it doesn't matter if you replace the one in @CWR2 or place it in an extra Mod folder loaded before @CWR2.

An update on CWC : All cutscenes are done now, only one needs some more tweaking. The last campaign missions are tested now as well.

I'm sorry that we're not able to release it this week as thought at first, but next week for sure. Really. And as said before, alone the cutscenes are worth the waiting time. :)

With the CWC Release we also release a complete new beta build so the confusing file replacement is over (at least for a while).

I'm sorry that we're not able to release it this week as thought at first, but next week for sure. Really. And as said before, alone the cutscenes are worth the waiting time. :)

With the CWC Release we also release a complete new beta build so the confusing file replacement is over (at least for a while).

Actually it is very good, that resistance campaign came first. I never thought I loved it that much and never ever thought Victor, the legendary war vet, was so bloodthirsty :D Meh, he's owning everything, even 3 incoming tank platoons were single handedly burned by him(and he had armour support, just didn't used it).

It sooo nostalgic... Makes me wonder, why BIS them selves don't want to port such a greatness, via dlc or what not...

CWR team, there are no words to describe how thankfull I am!

Guys, until things settle down a little bit with the beta, CiA coop nights are are still played on Demo 4 Patch 2. However, we still receive new players and they have difficulties getting Patch 2 since all the download links have been updated with the CWR2 Beta. Where the Demo 4 and the latest patches can be obtained from, apart from http://cwr2.arma2.fr/?p=977?

Thanks and congreats! Cool video once again... ;)

Can you coordinate this with six too, maybe send him the files first? That will lessen the load on your DL-link and it will make it a faster DL for us six users as we dont have to DL all the data again.

If you choose not to it's not a big problem, it's worth waiting for :)

Can you coordinate this with six too, maybe send him the files first? That will lessen the load on your DL-link and it will make it a faster DL for us six users as we dont have to DL all the data again.

If you choose not to it's not a big problem, it's worth waiting for :)

I agree with this :)

First, great work CWR team, you guys really nailed OPF feeling.

Now to business :)

About Resistance Campaign 1.01 (3-Apr-2013)

1. Weapon pool during mission briefing doesnt seem to be working after ammo low or at all.

2. Mission: Scrap

-Whatever mission plan you choose "Plan A" action remains in action menu.

-After defending off enemy tanks task doesnt update as successful.

-"Disappear into mountains" task wont completer so mission doesnt end.

3. Mission: Hostages

-After saving hostages task (HUD) marker doesnt point to Blata, however if you just take Blata taks marker updates towards meeting point and missing ends successfuly when you get there.

4. Mission: Information

-There should be some US weapons in briefing pool by now but there are not. Not sure whether they are not included in this mission or they are not there becouse briefing pool is not working.

-Note: I might be doing something wrong here but I tried to do it like in CWA.

I ran to first set of bushes then went prone. Crawled to building and slipped in trough gap facing direction you start. So I was just around a corner of officer (~5m away). Problem is that conversation didnt initiate. I tried to crawl around a bit but I just got spotted eventually.

5. Lil rant:

Is it just me or friendly AI seem to be extra retarded in this campaign. Not that CWR makes them like that but probably becouse you have to command relatively large squad (~10 men) and do a lot of convoys. I must say I was successfully dodging that in A2 so far :). In scrap one T-72 flipped over just after 150m and another got stuck in nothing :omg:. Trucks drove surprisingly well all the way to objective.

Hi, I'm new to CWR. I've downloaded it with PlaywithSix, it's @CWR2 1.01b1 rev. 30 and requires 10 GByte of space. But after installation (and start with -mod=@CWR2) I only find a "Cold War Crisis Demo" campaign. Is that supposed to be it? The Campaign starts in Everon. I don't want to really get into it if it's just a demo... TIA!

Or is CWR a framework and I need to download further Missions and Campaigns? My problem with this thread was, I thought it's an Aprils fool joke, but probably its not :)

Edited by tortuosit

I believe PlaywithSix installs mods in MyDocuments instead of game folder, so -mod might not work. Launch it via PlaywithSix, or ArmA's build-in mod mannager.

Might as well just copy CWR2 beta to game folder, just make sure to remove Demo version first.

Hmm, I updated with SIX and now it works. No, SIX uses the OA directory and @mod folders there. Everythings fine, missions and campaigns are also in the @CWR2 folder, so thanks for your time. What a huge mod. Where can I download the time I need in order to play all missions (and computer games in general)? ;)

Does it go well with ACE?

Thanks for all the feedback for the resistance campaign. I am working on the bugs and the next version will have cutscene improvements. Trying to get it ready in few days or in week.

For normal play, i.e. multiplayer or custom missions, probably but I would highly recommend playing SP missions and especially campaign without ACE or any mod for that matter.

By the way, I noticed that you cannot use NVGs with scopes and this is fine in general but it cancels sniper rifle approach in some night time missions. This "issue" can be further amplified due to MP5SD being a lot less effective then in OPF.

Edited by Janez

It can work, sure, but it just simply means that the game is often more punishing, and if there are bugs or issues there are a lot more scenarios where the game hits a wall. Trying ACE for the second mission is Resistance made it that you had to rely on one AI character surviving at least until you had to escape to a truck. If he died at any point prior the mission would be something you couldn't complete. I believe an update fixed Victor's issue with not being able to carry RPGs, but like I said, using ACE only compounds potential issues and expands them in ways. Heavily scripted scenarios also have loading hiccups if ACE is being used, but I figure that's a known issue with using mods on stuff that maybe didn't have them planned.

New Resistance version 1.02 is available. You should be able to continue current campaign progress by reverting current mission. BIS First Aid System can be only enabled by restarting whole campaign. Also weapon pool changes dont have effect on already completed missions.

Change Log

1.02:

-Cutscene tweaks (including big part of 1.mission outro recreated, also that gas-statios camera tweaked, and tweaks in intro where Victor joins resistance)

-Optional First Aid System added (can be enabled in 1st mission)

-Weapons/magazines transfer from vehicles that are less than 150m away when ending missions

-Default gear cargo removed from many vehicles

-Much less non-gathered gear is now added to pool between missions

-Stringtables are english for everyone now (There was placeholder strings for german)

-Much reported bugs fixed

Alternative Mirror until the official one can be found in the first post:

Edit: REMOVED - version 1.03 with hotfix is uploading.

I continue working on the campaign. Keep the feedback flowing. ;)

Edited by SaOk

cool, i once more tryed to replay mission "excercises" - the one which shows that mission is completed, fades to black and nothing happens. Seems that mission had broken loadout save too... And those AK-74GLs are very rare, 2nd i would have taken for my uber equiped geurillas (ak-74gl + RPG7 with 3 rockets + NVGs), but loadout didn't transfered...

dunno if it is fixed in JUST released 1.02 version.

P.S. just wanted to ask, why AK-74GLs are sooo rare? Out of 14 my guys (equiped with NVGs), all none PKM guys (equiped with binoculars) and none medics (with AKS-74s and APSs) are with AKS-74 + RPG7 with 3 rockets...

Also, another question, why backpacks don't transfer? For example medics, the ones who should have standart Medic backpacks (but they don't, at least resistance medics, russian medics have them standartly), so I tryed to transfer even russian specnaz backpacks (can only be taken by ordering to pick it up via action menu, but didn't transfered to other mission).

Just want to say, I could equip my guys with APS handguns too, but I'm afraid they would stop using their rifles and MGs, same goes for all having binoculars, I ask, if arma2's illness is fixed in CWR?

And yes I go over each corpse, looking specially for AK-74GLs and RPG rockets (not that I don't have enough of RPG rockets, just you don't know when you'll face tank platoons who wish to be blasted).

Like in rescue mission, where 2 platoons of T-72s and 1 platoon of T-80s are sitting ducks near the bridge wishing to be burned - though that's not an objective, just Victor's blood thirst.

Ah, why we are still at this, can armoured vehicles be transfered too? Specially from that excercise mission to the mission after it?

It's easy to take 2 BMP2s, and 4 T-72s, kinda huge difference to having 1 T-80, 1 T-72, 1 T-55 and 1 BMP-1

Edited by Gedis

Damn, I added those vehicle cargo transfering codes to wrong scripts. Fixing soon. I didnt yet remember to add the backpack transfering code, but it should be possible to do. Going to add some 74GL men soon. "Excercises"-mission should now end.

Edited by SaOk

Damn, I added those vehicle cargo transfering codes to work scripts. Fixing soon. I didnt yet remember to add the backpack transfering code, but it should be possible to do. Going to add some 74GL men soon. "Excercises"-mission should now end.

wow, thanks for your passionate work, smells like I'll have to replay whole campaign after beta stage via expert mode - I mean Viktor will be expert in single handedly owning everything and anything enemies will throw at him and his amateur fellous :)

Ah, another question emerged while I was trying to dismantle DSHK to backpacks and place it in vehicle as cargo, to test transferable to other mission or not, it didn't. The question is, why DSHKs? For resistance - yes, but for russians, that should be NSV, which was addopted in 1971 (because model vise in OFP, it had M2HB looks, but I forgot how it was named).

Edited by Gedis

Hotfix 1.03 is here, sorry for the hassle. Now the gear should transfer from the nearby vehicles. Temporal mirror until the first post have official one (readme should have 1.03 mentioned):

Edit: Link removed

I didnt yet find how to get content of player's possible backpack. Will depend on that if the backpack transfering with cargo can be made.

Edit: Now I see how it works. Transfering backpacks coming for next version (released in another day).

Edited by SaOk

I see most SP and campaign missions have grass on regardless of your video settings. Can you remove that?

Just want to say, I could equip my guys with APS handguns too, but I'm afraid they would stop using their rifles and MGs, same goes for all having binoculars, I ask, if arma2's illness is fixed in CWR?

We 'fixed' it by removing the handguns from all units :p

hm, my 2 medics have aks-74s with aps handguns and I haven't seen any problems yet, though it's a risky situation when talking about soldiers with immaginary(not anymore, since the campaign's fix) AK-74GLs + RPGs + APSs + NVGs + maybe Binucular loadouts :)

Edited by Gedis

Note: If you have downloaded today's Resistance campaign from the first post, please download it again. File contains now the latest version from SaOk.

I see most SP and campaign missions have grass on regardless of your video settings. Can you remove that?

We don't use any fixed terrain details settings in our campaigns/missions, only a fixed view distance of 1200.

Well, in the Beta they have their handguns back. However if there are problems with that, we can remove them again real quick.