Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

@Wiki

Please check the weapon config I just uploaded here - remember to make a backup of the current one if you want to play online.

@SS9

I sent the download links to Sickboy, so I guess the Beta will be availabe at Six when he added everything.

Thank you ALL involved for making it happen. It's fantastic to see what you've accomplished. Thank you for your dedication, hard work and perseverance over the years.

Congrats on the release! And nice work on those video's :)

very neat! great job CWR2 team

well, I've downloaded the files, and still no crosshair when I'm pilot in OH-58D

am I the only one?

I play vanilla, I've the full beta an/or (I tried both) use the others files wolle told me to use, but no fix at all.

moreover, when using the OH-58D, there is no radar.

last thing: no aircraft has flares.

I definitely have a cursor/crosshair here:

oh5893l60.jpg

Please note that the OH-58 is still WIP, with a config that just makes him work.

The flares we have removed to have a behavior as it was in OFP. They can be added by mission designers of course.

well, the OH-58D with FFAR has no crosshair, so maybe we're not talking about the same one

well, I've downloaded the files, and still no crosshair when I'm pilot in OH-58D

am I the only one?

I play vanilla, I've the full beta an/or (I tried both) use the others files wolle told me to use, but no fix at all.

moreover, when using the OH-58D, there is no radar.

last thing: no aircraft has flares.

Which patch are you running?

Are you running the latest CBA?

Are you running any other mods?

EDIT:

I've found the problem:

in my difficulty settings, I've set "no crosshair", so that I don't have it when I play infantry.

BUT, even in that case, in ArmA 2 CO, I have crosshair on planes and helicopters.

with CWR², in that case, I have crosshair with UH-60 FFAR, AH-64C, AH-1S etc...

BUT NOT with the OH-58D.

about the the A-10, I don't have crosshaire at all, whether I allow it or ot in difficulty settings.

so, is it possible to have crosshaire in OH-58D even if it is disabled in difficulty settings (which is more about infantry situation) like it is done for UH-60 FFAR or any other chopper?

and is it possible to have the crosshaire for A-10 too?

thanks

Edited by Wiki

Yep I noticed the permanent / or not at all visible crosshairs before too. Some weapons/vehicles indeed has no crosshairs at all, some have but only in cadet mode, and others have permanent crosshairs no matter what difficulty level you play at.

In short: A giant mess which we better fix quickly.

Crosshairs should be visible with all weapons and in all vehicles, except disabled in difficulty settings.

Update: Yet another nightly weapon config available : All vehicle weapons are inherited from A2 weapons, all custom cursor definitions are removed.

In theory, the cursors should be shown now everywhere, but only if enabled in settings.

However I tried the OA A-10 in vanilla and still had the cursor there even in Expert setting.

Edited by W0lle

Where do I dl the new config?

Where do I dl the new config?

From here I believe.

Yeah, all new interim configs, models or missions are always to be found at the nightly builds location. Maybe a good idea to bookmark it. ;)

wolle when i try to start the resistance campaign it tell me no entry campaign and doesnt load what seems to be the problem

PLaying through the resistence campaign, up to mission field excercise, clear modrava and checkpoint, mission completed comes up middle screen, goes black and then just sits there....so im guessing no trigger to move onto next mission or something?? anyone else having this issue??

Thanks to everyone making this wonderful mod.

The extra life is also a nice addition to the Resistance campaign. I was waiting for the bus in Petrovice when suddenly a large herd of cows came past, holding up traffic to my amusement :)

-Victor seems unable to pick up RPGs from the crate in the first attack against the resistance camp, he only has one slot for a rifle. It might be caused by him using a civillian character model.

PLaying through the resistence campaign, up to mission field excercise, clear modrava and checkpoint, mission completed comes up middle screen, goes black and then just sits there....so im guessing no trigger to move onto next mission or something?? anyone else having this issue??

-I am also experiencing this.

Edited by sparks50

Just to point out the Domination Everon thread hasn't contained any working links for over a year ;)

Regarding the UK and NL expansions, it might be an idea to have them expand to @CWR2_UK and @CWR2_NL to match Six Updater/PwS, rather than into the main @CWR2 folder, as Six will just remove them from there as "wrong" files I think when syncing/updating @CWR2.

anyone else having issues with the campaign mission field excercise not ending when it says mission completed

New AT Launcher Magazines "cwr2_CarlGustavRocket_DP", "cwr2_AT4Rocket_DP", "cwr2_LawRocket_DP", "cwr2_RPG75Rocket_DP", "cwr2_RPG7Rocket_DP"

So if all ATs now have a dual purpose round, does AI still use the regular rockets on infantry?

All of the _DP rounds differ only in one config setting from the default ammunition, all other characteristics are identical. The regular, default AT ammunition now has a config setting that makes the AI use it only against armour targets and prevents them from firing it off at infantry. However since it can be quite exciting to be on the receiving end of AT as an infantryman additional ammunition was defined that retains the old settings so mission makers can choose to hand out some of those missiles to AI opposing forces to provide that special extra adrenaline shot. This would require mission makers to remove the default ammunition from an AT gunner and define a new loadout with the _DP equivalent.

Regards,

Sander

Nice.

Started playing a bit yesterday.

Camera needs fixing in first cutscenes. It seems jerky or watching wrong objects or and empty space. Also check volumes of voiceovers in those first cutscenes. Some are too low and some are just screaming.

Messed up ArmA2 driver AI is also really noticeable. A sign near the road sent the bus driver into an uncontrolled panic.

P.S. It was great to finally be able to use the legendary Kozlice again.

Thanks to everyone making this wonderful mod.

The extra life is also a nice addition to the Resistance campaign. I was waiting for the bus in Petrovice when suddenly a large herd of cows came past, holding up traffic to my amusement :)

-Victor seems unable to pick up RPGs from the crate in the first attack against the resistance camp, he only has one slot for a rifle. It might be caused by him using a civillian character model.

-I am also experiencing this.

I have also experienced the "Viktor unable to pick-up RPG" bug at this same mission. I was unable to pick-up the RPG-7 (for use against BMP2 & T-72), nor was I able to pick-up the LAW off the still-warm corpse of my comrade. I also noted that Viktor can't carry much in the way of equipment. Is this because he doesn't have a rucksack? Or webbing? Or is it because civilian life has left him weak and fat?

Another, far less annoying bug is the white text used in cut-scenes. IIRC this text used to be scaled according to screen size. Now it appears to be of a fixed font size. This means that at a high-resolutions, e.g. 1920x1200 the text is so small that it is practically unreadable. Any chance of fixing this?

Finally, the engine sound from Viktor's motorcycle sounds SO bad. Yes I know that it is the original sound but I'm sure my 8-bit PC from the 80s fared better. Should I ask Lord Jarhead of JSRS-fame for a replacement?

Otherwise, the game is simply fantastic. It's a joy to return to the green, mist-laden hills. The plot, dialogue and voice-overs hold up surprisingly well after all these years. They're only betrayed by A2's incredibly stiff animation system (I understand why DayZ was so popular).

BTW Robalo's ASR AI and Ollem's TPWC AI Suppression System really enhance and already great experience (I've replayed practically every mission so far to compare).

Just to point out the Domination Everon thread hasn't contained any working links for over a year

Shame, ok link removed from first post now.

Regarding the UK and NL expansions, it might be an idea to have them expand to @CWR2_UK and @CWR2_NL to match Six Updater/PwS, rather than into the main @CWR2 folder, as Six will just remove them from there as "wrong" files I think when syncing/updating @CWR2.

Well Six has to comply with our Mod, not our Mod with Six. ;-)

The problem is that should we have more Expansions at a later point, you would end up with a dozen Mod folders. Something I want to prevent - but if the majority wants it that way, we can do that of course. I just think all addons in one place is easier.

I have also experienced the "Viktor unable to pick-up RPG" bug at this same mission. I was unable to pick-up the RPG-7 (for use against BMP2 & T-72), nor was I able to pick-up the LAW off the still-warm corpse of my comrade. I also noted that Viktor can't carry much in the way of equipment. Is this because he doesn't have a rucksack? Or webbing? Or is it because civilian life has left him weak and fat?

It could be that civilians can't carry RPGs because Mikero kept that limitation in the configs. Another one is that medics can't carry only 8 magazines while the rest can carry 12.

Eventually it's time to drop such limitations, though I think civilians should not be able to carry more than 6 magazines to keep it somewhat realistic.

Another, far less annoying bug is the white text used in cut-scenes. IIRC this text used to be scaled according to screen size. Now it appears to be of a fixed font size. This means that at a high-resolutions, e.g. 1920x1200 the text is so small that it is practically unreadable. Any chance of fixing this?

I sent SaOk new description.ext files where the titleFont entries from 2002 are removed.

A new weaponconfig is available here, all vehicle weapons are now inherited from A2 ones and have crosshairs.