Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Same here. After trying another 20 times, I've come to the conclusion that either the tanks have too much armor, or the RPGs have too little power. That t72 needs at least 4 or 5 missiles before it is disabled (from the side). The BMP can take 3! I'm playing on regular difficulty if it matters.

That's ArmA2 stats, getting in a way of playing.

AFVs are almost twice as hard as were in OFP, while avalable ATs are barely half as strong.

OFP T-72 had armor=400, CWR2 T-72 has armor=690.

OFP BMP had armor=200, CWR2 BMP has armor=150, but armorstructural=4 doubles protection compared to Flashpoint's AFV's (nearly all had armorstructural=2)

OFP RPG-75 had Hit=500 and Indirecthit=150, I think. CWR2 PG7 has Hit=300 and Indirecthit=20.

Some tweaks may be needed

Edited by boota

I believe we're using ArmA 2 values for most ammunition and vehicles.

With minimalhit and penetration materials we can effectively make quite realistic vehicles that are immune to small arms but very vulnerable to anti armour devices but that would take a lot of time and experimentation, and would be extremely annoying to implement. Strangely, penetration materials really seem to affect how much damage is transmitted as well.

We'll have to do an analysis to see how our values compare to arma 2 and then figure out how to change them. The obvious answer is to increase the effectiveness of the AT ammunition but we want to avoid a severe asymmetry with default content.

Rather than increase the effectiveness of AT (shame to compromise realism), how about raising it's availability? i.e. they are easier to find and in greater number.

Not to mention that poor 'ol Viktor can't seem to pick 'em up until he removes his heavy leather jacket :D

LAW are perhaps too expensive for a tiny guerilla movement on a rocky island in the Baltic, but RPG-7 are as cheap as chips, especially with Ukraine not too far away ;)

Shame about the reliability and accuracy :o

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Today I spent half the day playing this and I must say, I smilled at those amateur geurillas, war vet Victor, is a bloodthirsty rambo!

First mission, where you have to flee the town, I ran over the troops with a car, I could have taken those BMPs with grenades too and drive out with a BMP...

2nd mission, the poverfull KOZLICE, then heli dropped spetsnaz, then uaz with troops, later another foot patrol, lol, Victor owned them all, and arrived to 'base' with Ural, filled with kozlice and loads of trophy: AKS-74, AK-74 and rpg grenades (i hoped that ural will transfer to next mission, but...) :)

3rd mission, the 'base' defence, after loads of replays, that T-72 was immobilised by the mine, 1 side of tracks gone, but there's a technique how to drive with 1 side of tracks since ofp days :) so I burn that bmp, Mi-8 (which i could have taken controlls off, and flew = spinned to repair shop), shilka and 2 other T-72s, reequip my amateur fighters with 74s, PKMs and RPGs (to take it i had to order them close to dead rpg soldiers or those ammo crates and via action menu request gear, so that I could personally add it to them - in other words order to take RPG from corpse is not existant) and the most fun part, all of us = 8, gear transfered to 4th mission, the convoy ambush.

So in that mission almost all of my guys had the gear i picked them in previous mission (we are 10 now, so 2 new rookies with basic gear). In this mission I noticed, that after convoy elimination, when bmp and T-72 arrives to slack us to pieces, they have increadably high armour... oh yes, 2nd ammo truck was burned by AI RPGs...

so, you, and even I thought, James Gastowski was badass, well, Victor is even more!

LOL, i'm happy civilian Victor can't take MGs or RPGs, and has only 4 ammo slots, cause that would be... Too easy for me :P

I hope you get the idea how much I am excited, I'm running all the to do plans on that mission as I write, and I'll utilise them tomorow in-game.

P.S. i saw nightly folder on play with six, but it was empty, sickboy, can you look into it? because i doubt custom mod parameter in that tool makes that mod primary.

P.S. #2, just want to add, armour values for T-72s might be right, but RPGs rounds... depends... by the looks those are PG-7V which is old and underpowered (model looks like it), compared to 1977's PG-7VL round which is 2-3 times stronger. HERE

Edited by Gedis

I made some changes in the configs which should make life easier in the Resistance campaign, and in general of course.

Remember to either make backups of the originals if you want to play online, or put them in a new Modfolder loaded before the @CWR2 one!

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_nightly/cwr2_humans_config_05-Apr-2013.zip

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_nightly/cwr2_tank_config_05-Apr-2013.zip

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_nightly/cwr2_weaponcfg_05-Apr-2013.zip

Changelog:

CHNDG : All vehicle weapons have crosshairs

CHNDG : All armored vehicles have A2 armor/damageResistance/threat values

CHNDG : RPG-7 rocket is now a PG-7VL (was PG-7V)

CHNDG : All civilians now can use rocket launchers

Cwr² cwc ! Cwc! Cwc!

We are working on that. I'm still waiting for 4 cutscenes and the credits scene. Believe me alone the cutscenes are worth the waiting! ;-)

Edited by W0lle

YES! Logical, realistic and proper sollution for the problem, though rocket's model needs to be changed.

after all the replays of base defence this sounds frustrating...

Edited by Gedis

YES! Logical, realistic and proper sollution for the problem, though rocket's model needs to be changed.

We'll see how it tests!

Armor tweak works suprisingly well. I'm quite sure even you didn't expect it to work that well.

T-72 can be disabled by: 3 hits in turret (2nd will disable gun), 2 hits in engine, or 1 in tracks.

BMP-1 can be disabled by 1 RPG, but it takes 3 to burn it down, funny enough, unless hit in turret. Why funny? That's BMP's weak spot - 73mm ammo is stacked inside turret ring :D

Armor tweak works suprisingly well. I'm quite sure even you didn't expect it to work that well.

T-72 can be disabled by: 3 hits in turret (2nd will disable gun), 2 hits in engine, or 1 in tracks.

BMP-1 can be disabled by 1 RPG, but it takes 3 to burn it down, funny enough, unless hit in turret. Why funny? That's BMP's weak spot - 73mm ammo is stacked inside turret ring :D

Weird, because the bmp's armour was actually increased!

I guess the LAW rockets still have trouble.

Weird, because the bmp's armour was actually increased!

I guess the LAW rockets still have trouble.

Now that's indeed weird. Have you changed armorstructural, maybe?

As for LAW, in OFP LAW and RPG were identical. In reality M72 was mostly to be used against soft and lightly armored targets, but in OFP it's general use AT, since there was no M47 Dragon in game.

[edit]

Nah, just saying if we were to use realistic values :).

Sometimes I wonder how OFP would look like if all related info on 80's gear was as easy to aquire in nineties as it is now :).

Edited by boota

The PG7VL has a hit value of 320; our LAW has 370 and thus is actually stronger than the RPG7. The RPG75 inherits from the LAW.

Eventually we should make the LAW/RPG7/RPG75 use all the same hit values.

@SS9

No torrent yet, had no time to create one yet.

armorStructural value for BMPs are still the same: armorStructural = 4;

Woah that's a quick response to the problems, thanks! I will try it now :D

Congratulations (and a special thanks!!) for the release!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I made some changes in the configs which should make life easier in the Resistance campaign, and in general of course.

Remember to either make backups of the originals if you want to play online, or put them in a new Modfolder loaded before the @CWR2 one!

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_nightly/cwr2_humans_config_05-Apr-2013.zip

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_nightly/cwr2_tank_config_05-Apr-2013.zip

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_nightly/cwr2_weaponcfg_05-Apr-2013.zip

Changelog:

We are working on that. I'm still waiting for 4 cutscenes and the credits scene. Believe me alone the cutscenes are worth the waiting! ;-)

Could this fix the problem with the indestructible M60 in ACE as well?

If they all have Arma 2 values then everything should be good, no?

The citizens of Nogova may have gotten soft over time, forgotten how they got their independence. The cows, on the other hand, have maintained a proud culture of discipline and vigilance.

LoL I see!

Rev. 1 of that mission is here. Issue should be fixed now. But eventually it still has an issue where the mission is not marked as completed. Check it out if you want and report back if there are any more problems.

Will do thanks for the info.

getting

''#404 : Page introuvable'' at the moment however mate.

Changelog:

I tried that by Viktor still seems unable to pick-up AT weapons in the base defence mission.

I extracted those pbos into \@CWR2_Nightly\Addons\

Next I added ;@CWR2_Nightly;@CWR2 to my startup line

Then I reverted to Second Service (base defence mission with T-72 + BMP vs mines + squad) but still no joy!

Do I need to start the entire campaign again?

Any ideas?

LoL I see!

getting

Try this:

http://cwr2.arma2.fr/files/cwr2_nightly/cwr2_sp25_airportraid_rev2.zip

Edited by domokun

LoL I see!

getting

Because files get updated faster than light these days. See the link from domokun :)

@domokun

This is weird and we need to look further into that. Since carrying a rocket launcher is a unit configuration thing, restarting the campaign won't help much.

I gonna try that mission myself in a bit and then we'll see.

Edit: Please download the civilian config again. Sorry, I missed a few civilians with restricted weapon slots. Checked the mission and was able to fire RPGs at the Russians. :)

Edited by W0lle

Could this fix the problem with the indestructible M60 in ACE as well?

If they all have Arma 2 values then everything should be good, no?

No more requests about our mod and ACE please. If it works in ACE it's by accident. This has been covered thousands of times by now. We have enough trouble getting OUR OWN mod to run properly.

Since pbo's are locked, I can't check it myself, but my guess is only milita (Res in civilian clothes) class have been updated with launcher slot, while Viktor uses (unlike in original Resistance) civilian class: "cwr2_civilian4"

[edit]

Oh, didn't notice.

Edited by boota

See my edited post above, they all can carry launchers now. Forgot a few civilians, one of them was cwr2_civilian4

As of now there is no online resource for all CWR2 classnames like there was on the old site. There is a mission editing link, but none of the classname links on this page work.

Just thought id let you guys know.

It's now available on PwS. Thanks a lot guys, i'm eager to try it asap.

Started Resistance yesterday and stupidly tried using some mods, the result of which the enemy at my house in the first mission were super-soldiers and started patrolling straight away, making it impossible to do anything without getting shot. Restarted without the mods and they kindly stayed still, letting me sneak around the back of the house and then shoot them :) Still got shot in the back by someone else when I was running towards the camp but managed to survive.

The main mods I suspect caused the problem are the ones I have in "@AI Enhancement", namely:

GL4_Burning_FX.pbo

GL4_Config_FX.pbo

GL4_Dubbing.pbo

GL4_Intro.pbo

GL4_Shell_FX.pbo

GL4_Sound_FX.pbo

GL4_System.pbo

slx_ai_dodge.pbo

slx_ai_identify.pbo

slx_ai_noautoengage.pbo

slx_ai_steering.pbo

slx_anims.pbo

slx_anim_pistolcivil.pbo

slx_cloud.pbo

slx_effects.pbo

slx_explosiondust.pbo

slx_findcover.pbo

slx_impacts.pbo

slx_netcode.pbo

slx_ragdoll.pbo

slx_shoteffects.pbo

slx_suppression_effects.pbo

slx_surrender.pbo

st_collision.pbo

st_evasive.pbo

tpwc_ai_suppress_304.pbo

tpw_ai_los_104.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_netcode.pbo

zeu_OA_c_FOV.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

I guess visual mods like sthud, dfs_stanceindicator should be OK shouldn't they? I'm not sure if we can use JSRS with CWR2 though, as it needs CBA and I don't know it that could cause problems.

The rest of my post is in spoilers, so as not to ruin anything for anyone.

I found the mission defending the camp a bit hit and miss and wasn't really sure what to do. There was a crate with a RPG in it but I was unable to pick it up. By getting the AI to target the vehicles I managed to survive that one on the third or fourth attempt.

I'm stuck on the Ambush Convoy mission though, as there's a T72 and a BMP plus the two trucks we're meant to capture and I only seem to have one guy with a single RPG, which I think he managed to miss with anyway, leaving me no way of destroying them.

JSRS is no problem, there's even a JSRS compatibility pbo available.

CBA should be no problem either.

AI improvement mods might work in theory since we don't do anything with the AI on our own, but there's a good chance the missions might not work as supposed.

Edit: Fixed Skirmish here

Edited by W0lle