Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² - Public Beta

Well Six has to comply with our Mod, not our Mod with Six. ;-)

The problem is that should we have more Expansions at a later point, you would end up with a dozen Mod folders. Something I want to prevent - but if the majority wants it that way, we can do that of course. I just think all addons in one place is easier.

Good point and if this is the way you want to do it, then I'm sure letting Sickboy know will sort it out. I guess the only advantage of having them in separate folders is to keep the download of the main CWR2 mod smaller but the UK and NL mods aren't exactly big and I don't think they're much use without the main mod, so it would probably make sense to keep them all together. I think Drachenfels Island is already included in @CWR2 on Six. The missions are tricky, as downloading them into a @ folder doesn't result in them being seen by A2 (something I've questioned here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152192-Why-can-t-we-have-missions-in-folders ) so users have to copy them to the Missions/MPMissions folders manually.

That's why I prefer the old school distribution method. All you have to do is extracting the .rar archive straight into your Arma2 folder and everything is at the right place without copying files forth and back. Only thing you have to do is adding -mod=@CWR2 to your shortcut if not already present from earlier installations.

I updated the Resistance campaign. I didnt remove the diary font since I liked it in the orginal campaign, but made the font bigger. Let me know if it still looks bad and also if you spot other issues. I will work more on the 1. mission outros later (that are now partly untouched from the orginal which makes them look off, even right in OFP), also maybe add packbacks that also transfer between missions. This update is to hotfix the mission ending that I had forgot to test properly while focusing on the mission after that. The mission had already ending trigger, but somehow it didnt work. I made some additions to it and suddently I began to work. :S

Change Log:

1.01:

-Fixed "field excercise"-mission end

-Weapons/gear also now transfer from "field excercise"-mission

-Increased Diary Font

-Sound levels tweaked in 1.mission intro

Edit: Temporal link, 2 posts down.

Edited by SaOk

I updated the Resistance campaign. I didnt remove the diary font since I liked it in the orginal campaign, but made the font bigger. Let me know if it still looks bad and also if you spot other issues. I will work more on the 1. mission outros later. This update is to hotfix the mission ending that I had forgot to test properly while focusing on the mission after that.

Change Log:

1.01:

-Fixed "field excercise"-mission end

-Weapons/gear also now transfer from "field excercise"-mission

-Increased Diary Font

-Sound levels tweaked in 1.mission intro

Here is the download link until its moved to the first post.

ftp://cwr2.dev.saok@cwr2.arma2.fr/CWR2Resistance_v1_01.7z

The link requires the use of a username and password.

Here is temporal link until the official mirror is in the first post:

Edit: Link removed, there is now official link in the first post.

Remember to revert the current mission for changes, especially if you are currently playing "Field Excercise"-mission.

Edited by SaOk

I'm so late for this party, but anyway:

Pure greatness, one of the best mods ever.. :619::811:

hi.

I'm sorry to say it, but there is still the bug about the OH-58D:

if I dont set "crosshair on" in difficulty settings, I won't have it whereas even if I set "crosshair off", I will have it with the uh-60 or apache or cobra or a-10.

is it possible to configure the oh-58 so that it does have crosshair for rockets, even if "crosshair" is disabled in difficulty, as it is for the others choppers?

thanks

We have no special setting on the OH-58 which prevents the crosshair not shown. Actually I'm not aware of any config entry that permanently disables or enables crosshair. I would like to know if there are others with the same crosshair problems.

Hey guys, this is slightly tangential to CWR2, as it is a post about a Lets Play I'm doing with the Lost 5.3 mission. But I'm playing it with CWR2 running, so I get all those nifty CWR2 units and weapons and stuff. And I give CWR2 a bit of a plug in episode 1 of the Lets Play so I thought you might take some interest.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135304-SP-Apocalypse-Invade-Control-Conquer&p=2364970&viewfull=1#post2364970

I noticed while waiting for the bus at the start of resistance while having ambient animals on, the cows were walking in column formation across roads, bumping into cars ect, kind of organised chaos ;) , only mention it as it may slow up the traffic.

Currently few missions in, fantastic fun as I remember. Great work!

ps the sp mission using the apache to attack an airfield the name eludes me sorries! , all went well good fun however when I landed and it went to a cutscene of the chopper it just hung there without the mission ending.

Edited by Jeza

I noticed while waiting for the bus at the start of resistance while having ambient animals on, the cows were walking in column formation across roads, bumping into cars ect, kind of organised chaos ;) , only mention it as it may slow up the traffic.

The citizens of Nogova may have gotten soft over time, forgotten how they got their independence. The cows, on the other hand, have maintained a proud culture of discipline and vigilance.

ps the sp mission using the apache to attack an airfield the name eludes me sorries! , all went well good fun however when I landed and it went to a cutscene of the chopper it just hung there without the mission ending.

Rev. 1 of that mission is here. Issue should be fixed now. But eventually it still has an issue where the mission is not marked as completed. Check it out if you want and report back if there are any more problems.

First of all, great work with the mod so far! I am really enjoying it, however there are some issues that I thought I had to post here.

I've been playing the first few missions of the Resistance campaign, and I keep noticing that the camera positions sometimes are not in the right spot. They are for example looking at trees or looking the wrong way. The binocular camera thing also does not work, it just shows white nothing. Also something very funny was that viktor was laying prone in one of the cutscenes in his office, talking to his secretary.

Other then that I also noticed that I could not pick up a RPG or PKM in the missions where you have a civilian skin. I understand that you cant because of being a civilian, but it makes the part where you have to stop the tanks very difficult. The AI in ARMA2 is sometimes very weird, and I had to revert to the autosave 10 times before they managed to kill the tanks. I also noticed only one landmine going off in every retry, which makes me using a RPG on them very important.

What also bothered me was that the trucks spawn full with ammo. In the original game, when escaping from your house to the rebel camp, I used to kill the spetznaz paratroopers, take their NVGs, satchel charges and the Bison PP19sd (which was not there :( ), put it in the truck, and drive the truck to the camp. Then the next mission, these items would be available in the gear section of the briefing. Unfortunately, this does not happen in this mod, and the trucks all spawn with a massive load of ammo in the back. Which makes the next mission where you have to stop a weapons convoy kind of pointless, since the rebels already have all the ammo they would want from the other trucks. Another problem with this mission is that only 2 of my 10 units have a rocket launcher, and one is a weak little rpg thing, and the other is a RPG7 from the weapon crate in the previous mission. Ambushing a T-72 and a BMP was not very hard in the original game, but in ARMA2 they seem to have massive amounts of armor and manage to kill my team in seconds. Also a minor inconsistency is that according to the diary and notes, there should be a t-72 up front, 2 trucks in the middle and the BMP in the back. This was not the case when I played it, the BMP was right behind the T-72, which makes killing them even harder, because you have 2 targets at the same time, while in the original game, you could first take care of the t-72 and then take out the BMP.

I really hope my wall of text is helpful, and keep up the good work :ok:

Kornuit: you're right about the cut-scenes. I remember now the cut-scene at the petrol station (start) which ended everytime (x4) with a view of tree branches.

The binocular view also seems to suffer from white-outs (sudden blizzards?).

You're also right about the problem with picking up an RPG, mines not detonating and convoy order (T-72/BMP/2 lorries).

Currently I'm stuck on the Convoy Ambush (3rd?) mission because of this... :(

Nice work guys!

I'm having some difficulties in the "No Turning Back" mission in the Resistance campaign. BTW I'm using ASR_AI, but I think it doesn't make a change. When find the base, and fight off the soviet infantry, the mid-mission cutstcene starts, and while it ends, the tanks already arrive, and my team gets massacred before I get to give them any commands and Troska can't pick up AT guns, so I can't destroy the armored vehicles. I suspect that the tanks are nearing the base from the start of the mission and not when the mid-mission cutscene ends. So if it took me a while to kill the first wave (infantry), I don't have time to prepare for the armor attack. ASR_AI makes it a bit hard to kill enemies quickly, because they're more careful.

Important!

Obviously something went wrong while packing and signing the Beta files. I was told that for some pbo files the signatures don't match when attempting to join a server.

The archive below contains new signatures and the matching key for them. Please replace your signature (bisign) files with the ones from this archive. Do the same with the key (bikey).

To do so, simply copy the included @CWR2 folder into your Arma 2 installation and confirm to overwrite all existing files.

If there are any more problems with signatures, please contact us and we fix the problem as quickly as possible.

CWR² Beta R1 Signature/Key replacement

You're quick SB, just was about to contact you. :)

Problem with the weak Civilians solved too as you can see here:

civrocketuouk7.jpg

New config files will be available @ Nightly soon.

I will work more especially on the early campaign cutscenes. I left some of those almost untouched and since the positions are slightly different than in OFP, there is some bad angles. I will also rework the gear transfering and remove default gear from the trucks that transfer cargo to next mission. Also check those other mentioned issues. Cutscene binoculars, with random white, cant be fixed unless some new template is made where the glass effects are removed. I will also add advanced first aid as optional setting.

Kornuit: you're right about the cut-scenes. I remember now the cut-scene at the petrol station (start) which ended everytime (x4) with a view of tree branches.

The binocular view also seems to suffer from white-outs (sudden blizzards?).

You're also right about the problem with picking up an RPG, mines not detonating and convoy order (T-72/BMP/2 lorries).

Currently I'm stuck on the Convoy Ambush (3rd?) mission because of this... :(

Same here. After trying another 20 times, I've come to the conclusion that either the tanks have too much armor, or the RPGs have too little power. That t72 needs at least 4 or 5 missiles before it is disabled (from the side). The BMP can take 3! I'm playing on regular difficulty if it matters.

I wait for the tanks to get in the AI's RPG range, tell them to target the t72 and open fire . First thing they do is try to shoot the turned out crewmen with their AKs. But they cant shoot because theyre rookies, so the crewmen turn in and blow them all to pieces before they manage to fire their RPG. It wouldn't be so bad if I could give most of my team some RPG's or if I could plant some mines/satchel charges, but those things dont carry over from mission to mission (yet?)

I managed to kill both tanks once in 20 tries, but then my teammates decided it was a good idea to fire their last rocket into one of the trucks you're supposed to capture and I had to load a previous save :(

Edit: I tried the singleplayer mission Skirmish. All was fine, the town was clear, we waited for the chopper, chopper lands, I get in and boom. I'm standing where the chopper was all alone, chopper gone and AI teammates as well. Pretty hilarious. Your guy then starts talking about having secured the town but being all alone, papa bear says he won't risk a chopper just for me, and your guy gets angry. And then the mission ends.

Edited by Kornuit

Cutscene binoculars, with random white, cant be fixed unless some new template is made where the glass effects are removed.

Sounds like you should make a ticket for the art department!

Thanks to everyone on the CWR team for your dedication and hard work!

PS: Will take a while for me to bring home, have anyone spotted a torrent for this????

/KC